F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Experience with 10.25" android 7.1 HU's
Studio RSR

01-08-2019, 08:39 PM   #1651
Geoken
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 E84 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjubo View Post
As a matter of fact, it is an Android phone (Oneplus 6T to be specific) and I already have developer options enabled.

I'm a bit confused tho. The initialising message implies a state in the Ugode HUD which prevents it from becoming ready. Not sure how an external phone would affect that state on the HUD.
Sorry I misunderstood. It's not about pairing a device its about Bluetooth getting stuck initializing.
Have you searched 'Bluetooth' on this thread?
Can you tell us more about your setup...
What versions of the firmware and software do you have at present? Are they the same versions you had when Bluetooth did initialize?

Last edited by Geoken; 01-08-2019 at 08:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 03:03 AM   #1652
Bosley
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 116d 2.0

I've got an issue with CarPlay, I'm not sure if I'm the only one..
With the latest update everything works perfectly, BUT when I receive calls it switches to the OEM interface.. Does anybody know how to solve this issue?

Note: I'm connected to the OEM system with bluetooth because of the microphone (which works great with CarPlay since the last update).
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 11:29 AM   #1653
zenjubo
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoken View Post
Sorry I misunderstood. It's not about pairing a device its about Bluetooth getting stuck initializing.
Have you searched 'Bluetooth' on this thread?
Can you tell us more about your setup...
What versions of the firmware and software do you have at present? Are they the same versions you had when Bluetooth did initialize?
I'm on the latest MCU and app version available from the Google drive on the first post. The last time I paired my phone was on the initial MCU and app version that came with the unit. I believe it was a March 2017'ish date. I had the phone paired but then realized because it was running android, I could just natively install all the apps I needed and just tether off my phone to leverage the bigger screen and be able to run multiple apps.

Trying to attach a screen showing the version as well as the bluetooth stuck in the initialising state.

I think I found other references to bluetooth stuck in this initialising state (can't remember if on this thread or from a google search) with no resolution/response.

Does the app updates allow you to downgrade as well? Was wondering if I could do a downgrade back to the earlier version, pair my phone, then upgrade back. But that won't help if the newer version does not get past init. I assume bluetooth is working for most on the latest app version?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 11:42 AM   #1654
florinbrv
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjubo View Post
I'm on the latest MCU and app version available from the Google drive on the first post. The last time I paired my phone was on the initial MCU and app version that came with the unit. I believe it was a March 2017'ish date. I had the phone paired but then realized because it was running android, I could just natively install all the apps I needed and just tether off my phone to leverage the bigger screen and be able to run multiple apps.

Trying to attach a screen showing the version as well as the bluetooth stuck in the initialising state.

I think I found other references to bluetooth stuck in this initialising state (can't remember if on this thread or from a google search) with no resolution/response.

Does the app updates allow you to downgrade as well? Was wondering if I could do a downgrade back to the earlier version, pair my phone, then upgrade back. But that won't help if the newer version does not get past init. I assume bluetooth is working for most on the latest app version?
Check if the bluetooth is set on V6 or something similar. This can be found in the factory settings, security code should be 2018.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 12:13 PM   #1655
mike78
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320d M-Sport (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smahel View Post
load a factory.xml that contains a <UI>7</UI> line - for example this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L8B...ew?usp=sharing . And you have done.
I am trying to update factory.xml with no success. I wrote it on the sdcard, which was formatted on fat32 with the file in Unicode encoding but in factory setup does not get recognized. Also, cannot copy it in the oem folder due to permissions.

Any help?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 12:55 PM   #1656
smahel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MINI Cooper, 2020 X1

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike78 View Post
I am trying to update factory.xml with no success. I wrote it on the sdcard, which was formatted on fat32 with the file in Unicode encoding but in factory setup does not get recognized. Also, cannot copy it in the oem folder due to permissions.

Any help?
you can try one of these on the wackys google disk, both containing <UI>7</ UI> line: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...buQ2v-OB2cYFgE .The file must always be in the OEM directory.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 01:07 PM   #1657
mike78
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Any help?
you can try one of these on the wackys google disk, both containing <UI>7</ UI> line: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...buQ2v-OB2cYFgE .The file must always be in the OEM directory.
How did you manage to copy it in the oem directory? It needs root?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 01:19 PM   #1658
smahel
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
oh no, OEM directory on USB or SD disk
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 01:21 PM   #1659
mike78
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Ok will try it! This should be the mistake...
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 03:17 PM   #1660
mike78
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ok will try it! This should be the mistake...
After creating the folder and placing the file inside when I select update config and nothing happens...
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 04:58 PM   #1661
jaydiemm
Rep
Drives: F10

is there anyway for the android unit to stop continue playing their default MP3 song or fast and furious demo video upon each start up of my car? thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 11:35 PM   #1662
sjoskog
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F34 & E88

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydiemm View Post
is there anyway for the android unit to stop continue playing their default MP3 song or fast and furious demo video upon each start up of my car? thanks in advance
I just deleted those files using the file manager which was preinstalled.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 05:18 AM   #1663
Bosley
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosley View Post
I've got an issue with CarPlay, I'm not sure if I'm the only one..
With the latest update everything works perfectly, BUT when I receive calls it switches to the OEM interface.. Does anybody know how to solve this issue?

Note: I'm connected to the OEM system with bluetooth because of the microphone (which works great with CarPlay since the last update).
Anybody?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 09:00 AM   #1664
Ravijordan
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw x5

Keep getting media volume going to full again every time I turn car off has anybody else got same problem
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 01:46 PM   #1665
zenjubo
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by florinbrv View Post
Check if the bluetooth is set on V6 or something similar. This can be found in the factory settings, security code should be 2018.
Didn't even know there were BT settings under factory settings. Thanks for pointing this out. My settings were previously set on WenqiangBC6. At this point I've tried it on all 3 but BT still does not complete past init.

Can someone confirm the ability to downgrade the app version to an older version just by doing the usual update but with the img file of the older version? I may try downgrading to see if I can figure out at which version BT broke.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 01:49 PM   #1666
smahel
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
After creating the folder and placing the file inside when I select update config and nothing happens...
hopefully it will help

Last edited by smahel; 10-18-2023 at 01:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 06:02 PM   #1667
ubalcha
Spain
Rep
Drives: F33

Help !!!
New here, although in the shade. I have read everything you could.
To the subject
Yesterday I received the screen I asked for.
Today when it came to riding, I had two problems
The screen on the BMW side says "no signal". You hear everything, the radio, the navigation, the hard disk etc, but the screen is not activated.
On the Android side you can not hear it in any application and what you have selected in the BMW part still sounds.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 05:26 AM   #1668
Werra2006
Rep
Drives: X5 E70 2009

Here is an update from the supplier of my stereo, PX3 7.1, not tested yet

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10-2...20384c4dlul78T

Update

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fRY...zxongBfXz/view

Last edited by Werra2006; 01-11-2019 at 05:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 06:51 AM   #1669
mike78
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
hopefully it will help
I finally managed to revert to ID6. I used a file from google drive. I think the problem was related to file format. Thanx
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 08:48 AM   #1670
sjoskog
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosley View Post
Anybody?
It would be great to hear how people are doing with Carplay after latest updates indeed.

I was myself positively surprised that I was able to communicate with Carplay simply saying "Hey Siri" when phone is connected with cable to the device and also bt connection to the BMW original bluetooth. However, I am getting a bit lost that I can talk to Siri and ask for example navigation guidance, but when trying to make phone call, it is just dead silent (unless I select from phone that the speaker is car bluetooth).

Is it working fine with phone calls with rest of us?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 08:56 AM   #1671
sjoskog
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubalcha View Post
Help !!!
New here, although in the shade. I have read everything you could.
To the subject
Yesterday I received the screen I asked for.
Today when it came to riding, I had two problems
The screen on the BMW side says "no signal". You hear everything, the radio, the navigation, the hard disk etc, but the screen is not activated.
On the Android side you can not hear it in any application and what you have selected in the BMW part still sounds.
Regarding "no signal", I would guess the screen resolution is not matching between car and Android. I think I managed to get this when coding car and setting it on BMW side to 10 inch screen (my original display was 6.5" and got it working best when coded BMW to have 8" screen). If this is not the case, then perhaps the cables are not connected properly (this would also explain sound issues).

However as you seem to be able to get to Android side, perhaps you should start by checking from factory settings and try an another display size?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 09:09 AM   #1672
Bosley
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjoskog View Post
It would be great to hear how people are doing with Carplay after latest updates indeed.

I was myself positively surprised that I was able to communicate with Carplay simply saying "Hey Siri" when phone is connected with cable to the device and also bt connection to the BMW original bluetooth. However, I am getting a bit lost that I can talk to Siri and ask for example navigation guidance, but when trying to make phone call, it is just dead silent (unless I select from phone that the speaker is car bluetooth).

Is it working fine with phone calls with rest of us?
Actually I don't have this issue, Siri works perfectly also to make calls..
The only thing that bothers me is that when i RECEIVE calls it switches back to the OEM system.. Does it happen also to you?
Appreciate 0