F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > VRSF Charge pipe fitment
Studio RSR

11-27-2020, 06:41 PM   #1
335fanatic
Rep
Drives: f30 335i xdrive '15

VRSF Charge pipe fitment

Hey guys,
Recently installed my VRSF FMIC and charge pipe (cold side) on my f30 335 xdrive. After the installation, I'm almost positive I have a boost leak. Loss of power on the throttle, as well as a small leaking air sound at high boost I didn't hear prior to installation. I don't yet have a tune to measure my boost goals though. I have checked my charge pipe again and again and cannot find anything leaks on the bungs, rubber boot etc. The only thing concerning to me is that it seems the charge pipe is not all the way on the TB. Pics below. Does the connection look normal?
Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      12-28-2020, 03:54 PM   #2
2BitRoach
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i f30 N26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335fanatic View Post
Hey guys,
Recently installed my VRSF FMIC and charge pipe (cold side) on my f30 335 xdrive. After the installation, I'm almost positive I have a boost leak. Loss of power on the throttle, as well as a small leaking air sound at high boost I didn't hear prior to installation. I don't yet have a tune to measure my boost goals though. I have checked my charge pipe again and again and cannot find anything leaks on the bungs, rubber boot etc. The only thing concerning to me is that it seems the charge pipe is not all the way on the TB. Pics below. Does the connection look normal?
Thanks in advance.
looks fine to me, I just installed both charge pipes on my N26 when installing the clips I pulled the pipe back and pushed it forward and heard a click sound. pipes don't come off when pulling on them so I'm assuming all is well. I was also careful when removing the o rings to put on the new pipes
Appreciate 1