F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > F30 ebay headlights
ARMA SPEED

10-27-2017, 04:42 AM   #1
bmwchue
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 328i

F30 ebay headlights

Anybody bought these before? For halogen headlights thanks

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Black-F32-Sty...257Ciid%253A22
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2017, 09:26 AM   #2
Domotron
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328xi M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwchue View Post
Anybody bought these before? For halogen headlights thanks

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Black-F32-Sty...257Ciid%253A22
they look good but i feel like they would cause electrical issues like last version of ebay headlights
      10-27-2017, 09:59 AM   #3
bmwchue
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domotron View Post
they look good but i feel like they would cause electrical issues like last version of ebay headlights
Oh is there a post.about that?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2017, 10:33 AM   #4
Domotron
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328xi M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwchue View Post
Oh is there a post.about that?
they got one somewhere about the older version
      10-29-2017, 01:10 PM   #5
scostu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F25

What’s odd is that it appears the horizontal and vertical adjusters are on the backside of the lights. Normally the adjustment points are on the topside.

So after installing, one can make adjustemnets with just the hood of the vehicle open.
      10-29-2017, 01:12 PM   #6
scostu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F25

Check these....

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1274932

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1257101
      10-31-2017, 11:23 AM   #7
ChubbyWilly
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

I upgraded from my halogens to USR headlights. They have a weird cutoff pattern but work well especially with HIDs.
      10-31-2017, 03:30 PM   #8
bmwchue
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyWilly View Post
I upgraded from my halogens to USR headlights. They have a weird cutoff pattern but work well especially with HIDs.
they are out of stock
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2017, 07:15 AM   #9
anikation
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

I literally just purchased these last night. Once I get them and install them, I'll let you know. I was kind of curious about them and figured for the price, I'll roll the dice.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2017, 12:00 PM   #10
bmwchue
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anikation View Post
I literally just purchased these last night. Once I get them and install them, I'll let you know. I was kind of curious about them and figured for the price, I'll roll the dice.
nice please update.. if it looks good im deciding if i should go with the black ones or the regular clear
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2017, 11:40 PM   #11
apineda
Registered
Rep
Drives: White f30 sedan

Anyone know of pictures of these on an F30 anywhere online other than the adds? I'm trying to decide between the chrome and regular black.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 04:57 AM   #12
bmwchue
Captain
Rep

Theres some folks on here but too lazy to take pics lol
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 02:44 PM   #13
El Primo Pablo
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by anikation View Post
Let us know. Im in the market for some lights too but I been looking at USRs lights which replicate the OEM ones. These look a bit out there for me but If you got any install pics I got an open mind!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 05:14 PM   #14
anikation
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I finally installed these headlights on Saturday and love them. The LED halos are super bright. The only drawback is that I originally purchased LED headlight bulbs with the fans built into the bulbs and this housing does not have as much space as the stock OEM halogen lights do for clearance. I am going to have to return my LED bulbs and go with HID's so I can at least install the ballast in a clean way without having to cut into the back seal cover of the headlights.

Right now I am just using my Philips - Diamond Vision H7 bulbs for the time being, until I decide which HID's to purchase. The projectors do make it 100% better than the OEM headlights as far as driving at night, but I know HID's will be best.

I took some photos of the headlights with my phone, so pardon the quality but I know a lot of members here want to see what they look like..

I got the black housing lights, FYI.

To those who are wondering if you need to code the car or not with these lights, I am sorry I cannot help because I had coded my car prior to the install when I had LED DRL, park lights and fog lights installed last year. So, I'm not sure if it will throw an error or not.

I hope this helps anyone who is curious about these lights.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
scostu1623.00
      11-21-2017, 07:13 PM   #15
m95roadster
Private
Rep
Drives: F30, E90

The beam cut off if pretty good. Can you still adjust the headlights when they're installed? In the ebay sales pics, it shows the adjusters on the backside not on top like the factory one.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 07:38 PM   #16
anikation
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m95roadster View Post
The beam cut off if pretty good. Can you still adjust the headlights when they're installed? In the ebay sales pics, it shows the adjusters on the backside not on top like the factory one.
You can adjust the headlights like normal after installation. There is the little dial on each headlight to adjust up/down and left/right with a Phillips screwdriver.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2017, 11:37 AM   #17
recromed
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Just ordered a set for myself, always hated the halogen headlights.

A few questions:
1. Were these direct plug and play?
2. Did you run into and unexpected problems/ foresee any quality issues?
3. Why have you chosen to go with HID bulbs over LED bulbs as a halogen replacement?

Thanks for the post! They look pretty nice on your ride.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2017, 03:34 PM   #18
anikation
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by recromed View Post
Just ordered a set for myself, always hated the halogen headlights.

A few questions:
1. Were these direct plug and play?
2. Did you run into and unexpected problems/ foresee any quality issues?
3. Why have you chosen to go with HID bulbs over LED bulbs as a halogen replacement?

Thanks for the post! They look pretty nice on your ride.
The only drawback is that I originally purchased LED headlight bulbs with the fans built into the bulbs and this housing does not have as much space as the stock OEM halogen lights do for clearance. Basically the new LED bulbs with the fans were too large for the back seal to close. For reference, I purchased these LED bulbs off Amazon so you can see what I am talking about with the size of the bulbs:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As far as quality goes, it was really great quality. Everything fit perfectly, everything lined up on the bumper and grill. The lights are super bright so there is a little light pollution on the inside of the headlight that you may need to either cover/tape off the top of the headlight to be completely dark. You can only see it if you are looking through the space in between where the hood and grill cover meet. It is very unnoticeable, but if I am critiquing, that would be my only thing I can point out aside from the headlight bulb housing space. That is just a design thing because of the space needed for the led halos and projectors, it takes up more space than the OEM halogen housing.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2017, 12:32 PM   #19
KosmoK
Rep
Drives: '14 328 Xi

I just installed these from pro tuning labs:

https://www.protuninglab.com/hid-pro...12-drl-bk.html

The look like the same as yours, but with HID bulbs. I am experiencing some flickering. PTL is sending me 55w ballasts with cancelors built in at no charge. Once installed, I'll report back on wheather or not the new ballasts fixed the flickering issue.

So far, I really like the headlights. In my opinion, the look "meaner" and more modern than the round halo DRL.

What I'm cautious about, however, is all the wiring is on the outside of the headlight housing. Probably not an issue, but I'm worried about corrosion or possible "wear through" issues.

Do yourself a favor and remove the front wheels and fender liner for the install. It's so much easier than trying to work around the wheel and liner.

Last edited by KosmoK; 11-30-2017 at 12:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2017, 12:52 PM   #20
bmwchue
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosmoK View Post
I just installed these from pro tuning labs:

https://www.protuninglab.com/hid-pro...12-drl-bk.html

The look like the same as yours, but with HID bulbs. I am experiencing some flickering. PTL is sending me 55w ballasts with cancelors built in at no charge. Once installed, I'll report back on wheather or not the new ballasts fixed the flickering issue.

So far, I really like the headlights. In my opinion, the look "meaner" and more modern than the round halo DRL.

What I'm cautious about, however, is all the wiring is on the outside of the headlight housing. Probably not an issue, but I'm worried about corrosion or possible "wear through" issues.

Do yourself a favor and remove the front wheels and fender liner for the install. It's so much easier than trying to work around the wheel and liner.
nice can you take pics of the car/headlight and also the expose wiring
thx
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2017, 01:24 PM   #21
recromed
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Just installed these lights. Purchased from dtmotoring. I went with the black housing. The quality is great. Everything lined up just like the OEM lights. The projectors have a clear cut off and everything was plug and play. Now I just have to buy some Morimoto HIDs to complete the build. I coded out with BimmerCode app.

Highly reccommend them, will post pictures when I figure out how.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2017, 02:52 AM   #22
eddiehatchblack
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 x-Drive Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by recromed View Post
Just installed these lights. Purchased from dtmotoring. I went with the black housing. The quality is great. Everything lined up just like the OEM lights. The projectors have a clear cut off and everything was plug and play. Now I just have to buy some Morimoto HIDs to complete the build. I coded out with BimmerCode app.

Highly reccommend them, will post pictures when I figure out how.
Darn you missed out on the black friday/cyber monday deals on morimoto elites. looks good!
Appreciate 0