F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > NBT evo Business replacement by a NBT pro
Studio RSR

11-19-2018, 02:38 AM   #1
joffrey
Joachino
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F44 218I

NBT evo Business replacement by a NBT pro

Hello,
I currently have a 318i F30 from 2018 with the NBT Evo Business system, I made the change to a NBT pro without emulator which is obviously a model older than NBT Evo original. Everything works properly (GPS, Radio , Bluetooth, ....) except that I can not connect to the Connectedrive (BMW Live, Online, ....) Even share the Bluetooth of my smartphone.Someone would have already seen this problem? If so, what should you do? Coded with Esy-s or do you have a cable that connects from NBT to Combox?
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2018, 04:23 AM   #2
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by joffrey View Post
Hello,
I currently have a 318i F30 from 2018 with the NBT Evo Business system, I made the change to a NBT pro without emulator which is obviously a model older than NBT Evo original. Everything works properly (GPS, Radio , Bluetooth, ....) except that I can not connect to the Connectedrive (BMW Live, Online, ....) Even share the Bluetooth of my smartphone.Someone would have already seen this problem? If so, what should you do? Coded with Esy-s or do you have a cable that connects from NBT to Combox?
Thank you
Ur evo uses an atm, the older nbt uses a tcb that's why it's not working.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2018, 12:20 PM   #3
joffrey
Joachino
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F44 218I

Hello,
What can I do to make it work?
Is it possible Yes or No?
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2018, 09:10 PM   #4
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

Quote:
Hello,
Thank you
Almost anything is possible for the rite amount of money.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 08:07 PM   #5
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 6sp

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Hello,
Thank you
It is possible but what it entails is getting a TCB (not combox which is silver metal on the left of the trunk beside the fuse box, the TCB is a black box) and you need to run a cable from the back where the TCB is to the front to connect it to the hu_nbt and you would need to repin the connector for it also. For this to work the TCB you purchase will also need to match the vin of the NBT you currently have AND because you cannot change the vin of the TCB you would have to change the vin of the NBT. For that work you would've had to have gone down the emulator route, BUT if you can convince BMW to sell you a TCB with the vin of your car already in it and you paid for the subscription you would be also good to go, I don't imagine it would cheap though.

P.s if the TCB is used it would need a subscription that is active for bmw services or you would have to buy said subscription (I believe annual 199$ unless that's changed).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0