F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > One Eighty NYC angel eyes.
Studio RSR

11-09-2014, 05:51 AM   #23
rnbguy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw e90

good choice, mind me asking how much that cost you ? I'm thinking of replacement my one eighty NYC angel eyes with OEM retro fit
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 09:08 AM   #24
Rxpert
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP 6 Speed Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippydo
I will live with my halogens until I get my next car. Once you open up the housing, it will never be the same. Not worth the risk to have constant moisture inside the housing.
+1

Did this sort of thing on my last car (granted it was a DIY and NOT through a professional installer), and it resulted in moisture getting in the lights every time I took it through a car-wash. So annoying.....

My advice: avoid DIY at all costs & it seems silly to pay $2500 for a professional retrofit. Just keep that money in the bank and put it towards ticking the LED headlight box on your next car.

Plus something I didn't think of at the time, aftermarket headlight retrofits (either DIY or professional) really dinged me on the resale value if the car. No one cared about aftermarket lights, they just wanted OEM. It cost me another $1000 to put OEMs back in upon selling it.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2014, 11:20 AM   #25
Casualvic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i xdrive

These things look boot leg, should have added the rings and made it look oem.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 05:52 AM   #26
speed608
Private First Class
Malawi
Rep
Drives: F30 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnbguy View Post
good choice, mind me asking how much that cost you ? I'm thinking of replacement my one eighty NYC angel eyes with OEM retro fit
rnbguy, sorry for the late reply .I got the complete kit from bimmertech and if you contact them they should be able to provide a quote based on your vehicle.The service is very good and remote coding is also included in the total price.I paid about $3,600 delivered
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 07:17 PM   #27
888Concept
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 n54 FBO COBB'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnbguy View Post
guys stay away from one eighty angel eyes, their shocking.

I regret putting them on my f30, the angel eyes are thin cheap looking, LEDs look dodgy and I've only had them 3 weeks and 3x LEDs are blown already.

I asked oneeighty for a replacement they said theyd send replacement and just ignore any emails I sent asking what the status is...
sorry to hear that

can you confirm that OneEighty just install the bare LED Rings to the headlights without any clear plastic cover, leaving all the LED's exposed when lights are off?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 07:22 PM   #28
888Concept
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 n54 FBO COBB'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualvic View Post
These things look boot leg, should have added the rings and made it look oem.
I totally agree with you. Their craftsmanship seems pretty legit from the photos, but the bare naked LED rings do make your headlights look really cheap.
Appreciate 0