F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Interrior CF Wrap
Extreme Powerhouse

01-21-2015, 09:48 PM   #23
Fronzdan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M240 xDrive

I found out from another thread that you can pry up the tray that holds the USB/Aux plate. Not the plate itself but the whole tray. I'll try it this weekend. If I can get it off, I'll be drilling a small hole.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 09:21 AM   #24
XenaBimmer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 328i, '14 320i

Nice work!!
I've done the same thing with the iDrive control trim and gear shift surround, but not the dash trim pieces as I was concerned I wouldn't be able to make the transition from the silver to the red line look clean. How'd you go about getting that done so well?
Also how did you do the wrap for the silver surround around the base of the gear shift? I popped out that whole black panel and then removed the silver part from the black panel removing those weird rivet pieces and then wrapped the piece wrapping the excess vinyl underneath the silver trim, but found it very difficult to not get creases at the corners of the trim
      01-22-2015, 02:55 PM   #25
O4x5dude
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenaBimmer View Post
Nice work!!
I've done the same thing with the iDrive control trim and gear shift surround, but not the dash trim pieces as I was concerned I wouldn't be able to make the transition from the silver to the red line look clean. How'd you go about getting that done so well?
Also how did you do the wrap for the silver surround around the base of the gear shift? I popped out that whole black panel and then removed the silver part from the black panel removing those weird rivet pieces and then wrapped the piece wrapping the excess vinyl underneath the silver trim, but found it very difficult to not get creases at the corners of the trim
I just covered the whole thing including the red stripe, then used a litle bit of hair dryer heat and dragged a credit card along the line tha seperate the red from the silver to make a small grove, then carefully put a Exaco knife along the line, being careful not to scrach the silver or the red.
For the gear shift surround, I did not remove the plate at all, took a square of CF overlay, poked a hole in the middle to get it to go through the shifter
and then exact same process I did for the dash trim. The trick is to get a good grove so you can cut the vinyl.
How did you do the gear shift ? Did you remove it ? I couldn't figure out how to do it, that's why I left it as is.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 04:43 PM   #26
XenaBimmer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 328i, '14 320i

Thanks for the pointers! I may try doing the rest of the trim now.
I removed the silver trapezoidal shaped trim piece from the black panel (first I just popped up the panel and removed that from the car) by removing the little silver rivets from the underside of the piece that clips it into the black panel, then I wrapped the vinyl around the sliver piece and cut off the extra under the trim, so it was hard on the bottom two corners to do that without getting a small crease. I may redo that piece like you did next time