F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Southern California Mod Friendly Dealer
proTUNING Freaks

10-24-2019, 12:30 PM   #1
PrincessEru
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i

Southern California Mod Friendly Dealer

Hey everyone, new to the BMW community. Previously owned a Volvo S60 T6 but now own a 2016 BMW 328i Sportline as of this March.

I have a few questions listed below, I've dug through a majority of the forum posts but I really just want to make sure that I have the right idea on things before I start digging into it...

1. Looking to get a VRSF Catless Downpipe for the N26, a TBD Intercooler (VRSF or Burger...but my friend has a Gplus lying around that I got for free), and then a bm3 mod. I'm likely going to get this from Extreme Powerhouse after seeing how active they are on here. Is the Downpipe upgrade and the intercooler upgrade enough to handle a 91 tune for bm3?

2. My car is still under extended warraty for CPO. I still have at least another 1.5 years left so I don't want to mess with that. I heard Charlie@McKenna is mod-friendly but also CrevierBMW (which is where I purchased it) is as well? I would prefer to stay at Crevier, but would not mind going to Norwalk or Torrance in order to NOT void my warranty.

Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 10:36 AM   #2
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428i Gran Coupe

Sound like a good plan to me for a Bm3 stage 2.

According to what you going to do with your car I don't think you will blow up anything. But when it comes to warranty...being a mod friendly dealer just means they will not flag your car for what you did (mods). But (this is a big but) they got nothing to say if ever BMW want a deeper inspection on your vehicle. That's all there is to it.

Those two dealer you mention are friendly...Charlie also. He seems to be on southbay bmw now. (Charlie can correct me if he's still in norwalk)
Appreciate 0