F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > US F30 OEM Adaptive Xenon Retrofit DIY
Extreme Powerhouse

05-14-2017, 10:58 AM   #177
gapon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 328d xDrive (F30)

my original headlights were halogen when i plugged it in nothing worked except for blinker. when i redid the wiring for the headlight pin 12 moved to 8 and added pin 4 & 7 tapped into pin 2 i was able to get low beams to work. after coding i was able to get halo lights working. so tutorial was very useful
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 05:28 PM   #178
jkwhar
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Xdrive | F15 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapon View Post
my original headlights were halogen when i plugged it in nothing worked except for blinker. when i redid the wiring for the headlight pin 12 moved to 8 and added pin 4 & 7 tapped into pin 2 i was able to get low beams to work. after coding i was able to get halo lights working. so tutorial was very useful
Hmm...interesting. I guess your headlights weren't plug and play (designed for halogen headlights)?

FOR SALE! Sport line Steering wheel with heated, paddle shifter, vibration motor, no airbag | EDM Bi-Xenon adaptive headlights (SOLD) | surround view retrofit kit (sold) | KAFAS2 camera and ECU | FLA camera(sold) | 6WB cluster (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2017, 09:23 PM   #179
Furbo80
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 328 Xdrive

same here guys I will return soon my bimmer lease car and I have to put the halogen back and readjust everything like it was. I will sell my xenon, if someone is interested to it PM me, I will remove it... Los Angeles Area!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2017, 02:13 PM   #180
gapon
Enlisted Member
Rep

well guys, im in the same boat again, I returned my after market headlights and purchased used OEM headlights. I have a problem with High beam and Halo lights now.

my Halo lights do not turn on at all, and my high beam is same. the shutter works but the second lens does not have light in there. what can I do to fix the high beam and Halo lights.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2017, 07:01 AM   #181
jkwhar
Captain
Rep

Quote:
well guys, im in the same boat again, I returned my after market headlights and purchased used OEM headlights. I have a problem with High beam and Halo lights now.

my Halo lights do not turn on at all, and my high beam is same. the shutter works but the second lens does not have light in there. what can I do to fix the high beam and Halo lights.
The inner projector are dummy projectors and don't do anything.

Do you have the drivers control module with the OEM headlights? Double check your wiring at the FEM, I remember one of the transfer pins giving me resistance when putting it in the harness.

FOR SALE! Sport line Steering wheel with heated, paddle shifter, vibration motor, no airbag | EDM Bi-Xenon adaptive headlights (SOLD) | surround view retrofit kit (sold) | KAFAS2 camera and ECU | FLA camera(sold) | 6WB cluster (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2017, 11:25 AM   #182
gapon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwhar View Post
The inner projector are dummy projectors and don't do anything.

Do you have the drivers control module with the OEM headlights? Double check your wiring at the FEM, I remember one of the transfer pins giving me resistance when putting it in the harness.

JKWHAR!! Thank you soooo much for letting me know that. I returned 2 headlights already thinking that it suppose to work.

so now I know my highbeam works all I need to figure out now is my DRL (Halo Lights). before coding I used to have an option on my iDrive to enable and disable Day Running Lights. I dont see that option in there. could have i disable it somehow?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2017, 09:39 AM   #183
jkwhar
Captain
Rep

Quote:
JKWHAR!! Thank you soooo much for letting me know that. I returned 2 headlights already thinking that it suppose to work.

so now I know my highbeam works all I need to figure out now is my DRL (Halo Lights). before coding I used to have an option on my iDrive to enable and disable Day Running Lights. I dont see that option in there. could have i disable it somehow?
Can you tell me what exactly did you code?

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2017, 10:25 AM   #184
gapon
Enlisted Member
Rep

I figured out the problem, when I was coding other stuff like folding mirrors and welcome lights I turned Dayrunning_Light from Standard to PermOn. i put that back to default and that option in iDrive showed up. now, for my Halo lights not working, I have feeling its a problem with Control Module. I took off one of the LED modules and tested to see what voltage im getting for the LED, it was at 3.21v not enough to turn on the LED, when I remove the Control Module I get nothing. so my next trouble shooting step is to barrow a friends control module to test it out i guess.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2017, 10:27 AM   #185
gapon
Enlisted Member
Rep

BTW does anyone know the difference between AHL F30 Control Module and BIX F30 Control Module? the ones I have on my car are BIX F30
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2017, 01:42 PM   #186
jkwhar
Captain
Rep

Quote:
BTW does anyone know the difference between AHL F30 Control Module and BIX F30 Control Module? the ones I have on my car are BIX F30
AHL is adaptive (headlight swivels as your turn your steering wheel) and BIX is just xenon, non adaptive.

Either should work as far as the angel eyes goes. With the latter one, your headlight wouldn't swivel.

Does your angels stay on after you lock the door? Also, is your headlight switch on Auto?

Ps - I'll PM you my number.

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2017, 10:18 AM   #187
jdsowa
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW F31

Xenon Headlight Retrofit Issue - US

I just did the Xenon headlight retrofit and have run into a problem. All of the lights work; low, high, signal, and the adaptive lights are working. However, I have an issue where the passenger light will tilt back when hitting the brakes or accelerating even in the slight bit. I have attached a video of the issue. Does anyone have an idea what the problem may be? It doesn't seem like a software issue to me, more like something is loose in the light. I also still need to adjust the headlights down a little bit, but need to figure out how to adjust them.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 03:47 PM   #188
jkwhar
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsowa View Post
I just did the Xenon headlight retrofit and have run into a problem. All of the lights work; low, high, signal, and the adaptive lights are working. However, I have an issue where the passenger light will tilt back when hitting the brakes or accelerating even in the slight bit. I have attached a video of the issue. Does anyone have an idea what the problem may be? It doesn't seem like a software issue to me, more like something is loose in the light. I also still need to adjust the headlights down a little bit, but need to figure out how to adjust them.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Does it do the same thing (when you hit the brakes) while parked or only when you're moving?

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 11:32 PM   #189
jdsowa
United_States
Rep

It does it while moving. I tried to bounce the front of the car in park to see if the light would jump but I couldn't get enough movement on the suspension to really test. I am wondering if the headlight motor for vertical adjustment is not getting power so it is not holding the headlight in place but need a way to confirm.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2017, 07:08 AM   #190
jkwhar
Captain
Rep

Quote:
It does it while moving. I tried to bounce the front of the car in park to see if the light would jump but I couldn't get enough movement on the suspension to really test. I am wondering if the headlight motor for vertical adjustment is not getting power so it is not holding the headlight in place but need a way to confirm.
I believe its the opposite. You give power to the solenoids that will pull the shutter down.

Just rewatched your video, it looks like your whole inner headlight assembly is moving, as if your adjusters are broken. Try this, open the back cover and see if you can grab the back of the xenon bulb and move it up and down just like the way it moves when you brake/accelerate.

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2017, 08:30 AM   #191
jdsowa
United_States
Rep

Yes I was able to grab the back of the bulb assembly and move it up and down. I did this on both the driver and passenger side when the car was powered off and they reacted the same. The tension to do this on both sides were about the same. I am thinking to try swapping the headlight control module to see the if problem follows. Any ideas on what else I can try?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2017, 08:41 AM   #192
jkwhar
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yes I was able to grab the back of the bulb assembly and move it up and down. I did this on both the driver and passenger side when the car was powered off and they reacted the same. The tension to do this on both sides were about the same. I am thinking to try swapping the headlight control module to see the if problem follows. Any ideas on what else I can try?
It shouldn't move with light pressure. I wonder if your adjusters are broken or the adjuster ball popped out.

At night, aim the headlights at a wall with the lights on and try moving the inside assembly again.

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2017, 09:21 AM   #193
jdsowa
United_States
Rep

If it popped off how do I pop it back on? Also how can I tell if the adjuster is broken and is there a way to fix it without replacing the entire headlight? Thanks for your assistance.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2017, 10:18 AM   #194
jkwhar
Captain
Rep

Quote:
If it popped off how do I pop it back on? Also how can I tell if the adjuster is broken and is there a way to fix it without replacing the entire headlight? Thanks for your assistance.
This just an assumption. Very common issues on the e39's when I had it so its a thought that popped in my head.

Try adjusting the level of the headlights at night while aiming at a wall (give it about 25feet gap). See if it goes up and down, you'll have to turn the screw driver a few times in each direction. Google f30 xenon light adjustment.

can you take a video of you moving the internal headlight assembly from the back/xenon bulb? I'm curious to see the amount of play you get.

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2017, 11:08 AM   #195
jdsowa
United_States
Rep

I am working on it now. There is definitely something wrong with the passenger light assembly when I manually move it. See video below. The driver's side does not move this much. Also I tried to adjust the vertical light to move the light down and it won't adjust down anymore. Do you know if it popped off or if it is something with the adjustment screws?

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2017, 11:58 AM   #196
jkwhar
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I am working on it now. There is definitely something wrong with the passenger light assembly when I manually move it. See video below. The driver's side does not move this much. Also I tried to adjust the vertical light to move the light down and it won't adjust down anymore. Do you know if it popped off or if it is something with the adjustment screws?

Yup...it looks like the popped out of the adjuster or something. Give me a few hours and when I get home, I'll take some pics of the inside and we could probably figure out how to get it back on the adjuster. I have one torn apart.

On a side note, I wonder if its possible that the adjuster was turned too much/far and caused it to let go?

Watch this video and maybe you'll understand my thoughts lol.

Appreciate 0
      09-08-2017, 11:50 AM   #197
jdsowa
United_States
Rep

Something like this: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494479

Do you have any details on how to hook this back up on a F series headlight?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2018, 03:36 PM   #198
riky123
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 318d Sport

Thx for this DIY it whas helpful
Appreciate 0