F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > ODB2 mapping for the n20 engine?
GetBMWParts

01-23-2021, 10:58 PM   #1
defrakt619
Rep
Drives: bmw f30 328i m sport stage 2

ODB2 mapping for the n20 engine?

I would like to get some raw data out for myself from my odb2 interface. I have a wifi enet adapter.

I'm a programmer and want to map the oil pressure of my engine and track it to see if the numbers are good along with maybe air fuel ratio.
Just for my piece of mind im ever to go tracking I want to make sure the engine is behaving well.

I found a js library https://github.com/sipimokus/node-obd2 .
Seems good enough but doesn't include the mappings for all the values. I imagine this is car/engine/generation specific values.

If some efforts haven't already been made I would make this an e20 specific api open for anybody to use.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 05:44 PM   #2
culpability
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i Gran Coupe

No idea if it provides exactly what you need, but bootmod3 provides an absolutely phenomenal logging / mapping program. Not sure if it works if you don't own a tune license though, but worth a shot going to bootmod3.net and signing up and seeing if the "dashboard" and logging stuff works.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 03:30 PM   #3
joeyz
Registered
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by defrakt619 View Post
I would like to get some raw data out for myself from my odb2 interface. I have a wifi enet adapter.

I'm a programmer and want to map the oil pressure of my engine and track it to see if the numbers are good along with maybe air fuel ratio.
Just for my piece of mind im ever to go tracking I want to make sure the engine is behaving well.

I found a js library https://github.com/sipimokus/node-obd2 .
Seems good enough but doesn't include the mappings for all the values. I imagine this is car/engine/generation specific values.

If some efforts haven't already been made I would make this an e20 specific api open for anybody to use.
Its my understanding that the bus runs on a TCP/IP stack now. Just came from an e92 into a f30 this week so I havent been able to mess with it yet.

As a fellow Dev, you can probably make yourself an OBD2 port to rj45 and use something like Wireshark to sniff the connection?
Appreciate 0