F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > F30 Suspension Discussion
Extreme Powerhouse

10-27-2020, 07:46 AM   #1
McBill
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i M Sport

F30 Suspension Discussion

What suspension setups are you running, how do you like them and why?

I'm looking for a setup that's good/comfortable for street use, no tracks, while lowering about .5-1 inch.

What I have: 340xi m sport package, non-adaptive suspension.

Please share your experiences and thoughts with only lowering springs, lowering springs paired with aftermarket struts and/or full premium coilover setups.

What I seem to find is that some people end up regretting installing only lowering springs as the stock struts appear to gain a bouncy feeling afterwards from being inadequately dampened.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 08:35 AM   #2
blumagic
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i xdrive , 2013 SHO

My first was on H&R sport with stock dampers, it looked decent and was comfortable but would crash on sharp bumps and float on big dips.

Now I'm on F80 Emmanuel design springs with Bilstein B8s. It is a coilover low spring setup, it handles much better than the previous. The B8s are harsher on sharp bumps than I expected (I also have Millway camber plates which may make it a little more harsh), other than that its smooth and stays composed on big dips. Where I felt the previous setup I was flying in the air.

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 10:48 AM   #3
zole2112
Modder of everything I own
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Xdrive

I have a '13 335xi and I went with coilovers and at the same time did the rear sway bar and rear subframe bushing inserts. I love mine, handles great no regrets at all! I set mine really stiff because I have my wheels poking out like I did in the 70's but that's just me. I'm still going to do the front sway bar probably next spring.

One other thing that I love is that I have had my CATuned coilovers for about a year and a half and no clunks, squeaks etc. I'm actually impressed with that.
Attached Images

2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55 PWG/VRSF DP/ER CP/Injen CAI/AA FMIC/JB4 map 7/Fuel= E50 w/ E85:93oct/Stock LPFP & HPFP/CATuned coilovers/Megan Racing Rear Swaybar/Powerflex Rear Subframe Bushing Inserts/Dual aFe Power Mach Force Mufflers/Resonator Delete/MHD & BMS Race BEF
Appreciate 0