F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > PDC retrofit BMW F30 2014
Studio RSR

06-08-2023, 06:01 AM   #1
lebronze
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Exclamation PDC retrofit BMW F30 2014

Hello guys, I have a very big problem.
It all started few months ago when I bought an F30 without backup camera or any PDC sensors, so I decided to retrofit those things.

I bought camera and PDC sensors from wrecked BMWs and Installed the camera with no problem, everything went smooth, the camera is still working to this day without any problem.

The biggest issue is with the sensors, because firstly the guy from the auto morgue sold me wrong OEM PDC sensors(which I paid to be painted and put on my car, but without success), so I returned them and bought brand new sensors(which are NOT OEM) and when I installed them they are working correctly for a few seconds and then this Error shows up(PARKING ASSISTANCE: No Parking Assistance , please park unaided)

I checked that all of the 8 sensors are clicking correctly, and they are working until the error shows up. After I click OK the error disappears and they are working properly again and after few seconds(sometimes 5sec, sometimes 30 - 40 sec) everything just repeats itself and that is going forever. I checked all the connections and soldering points. To my knowledge everything is as it should be, but I hope to be wrong and some of you to tell me the proper way to fix that problem because I am very tired of these sensors already.

PLEASE HELP!
Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2023, 09:41 AM   #2
eff32fl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i M Sport THP MPPSK

It's probably because the sensors aren't OEM.
Appreciate 0