F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > F30 N55 950WHP Project
Extreme Powerhouse

07-27-2020, 11:44 AM   #23
bimmerace
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive M-Sport

Thank you guys for all your help!! This data is really what I needed from a real stand point as people are all over the place!

I will start with the turbo upgrade and take it slow until all supporting mods are done.

Another question that may be relevant to location, my shop is charging me 2600 to install the turbo kit, does that seem like a good deal? Attached is the quote.

Last edited by bimmerace; 07-28-2020 at 07:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 03:25 PM   #24
Logicoeur
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive

Looks like they are charging you twice for installation of the the turbo charge.

Removal and replacing of the turbo should already include draining the fluids, and right motor mount, then putting all of that back in and on.
F30 335iX | Remus Axleback | Fabspeed Catted DP | VRSF Comp IC | 18X9 ET35 19lb MT1 | 255/40/18 ECS | Ohlins RT Millway Street | Millway Control Arm Bushings | Turner Endlinks | TMH 75mm 14x1.5 Studs | BMW MPerf LSD | XDelete | Pipercross Filter | MHD Stg2 93
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 03:51 PM   #25
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicoeur View Post
Looks like they are charging you twice for installation of the the turbo charge.

Removal and replacing of the turbo should already include draining the fluids, and right motor mount, then putting all of that back in and on.
I was going to say the same thing. For example turbocharger remove and replace should overlap with the turbo install...
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 11:19 PM   #26
bimmerace
Private First Class
Rep

Those were my thoughts! Specially cause it's almost the same as replacing the turbo, with the only difference of upgrading the boost piping right?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 12:15 AM   #27
DreamerJoe
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i M.G. w red interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerace View Post
Thank you guys for all your help!! This data is really what I needed from a real stand point as people are all over the place!

I will start with the turbo upgrade and take it slow until all supporting mods are done.

Another question that may be relevant to location, my shop is charging me 2600 to install the turbo kit, does that seem like a good deal? Attached is the quote.
that's a lot, the average price I was quoted for PS2 install was around $1,200-$1,500 just labor.
      07-28-2020, 12:19 AM   #28
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Those were my thoughts! Specially cause it's almost the same as replacing the turbo, with the only difference of upgrading the boost piping right?
Well you would be removing inlet, TIC, and IC anyways, so its not like its extra work to install those along with a turbo swap. The estimate is definitely high. As mentioned above i think 1500 is more reasonable...
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 07:48 PM   #29
Munchi435i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 435i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
Well you would be removing inlet, TIC, and IC anyways, so its not like its extra work to install those along with a turbo swap. The estimate is definitely high. As mentioned above i think 1500 is more reasonable...
Wow this makes me feel like I got a great deal at $900 for install, granted I wish I would have just waited to install the IC,CP and DP, lol. But my shop is very reasonable and I'm also RWD so that makes a difference too.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2020, 02:17 PM   #30
bimmerace
Private First Class
Rep

Just got the great news that my kit is ready to be shipped!

Has anyone tried doing a Walbro LPFP upgrade on the stock bucket? I see that Fuel-It just upgrades the pump, so why not do it myself and save a few hundred bucks? I see that they have multiple models that meet the power goals, just not sure if any of them are better than the others in other areas other than power, or if any of them is already suited for the F30 chasis. Will be doing either a PI kit or HPFP upgrade later on, so it has account for that as well.

Does anything else have to be upgraded like the fuel lines etc.?

Was thinking on keeping it at around 20psi until I decide on either HPFP upgrade or PI kit
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2020, 02:41 PM   #31
zole2112
Modder of everything I own
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Xdrive

Quote:

Has anyone tried doing a Walbro LPFP upgrade on the stock bucket? I see that Fuel-It just upgrades the pump, so why not do it myself and save a few hundred bucks? I see that they have multiple models that meet the power goals, just not sure if any of them are better than the others in other areas other than power, or if any of them is already suited for the F30 chasis. Will be doing either a PI kit or HPFP upgrade later on, so it has account for that as well.

Was thinking on keeping it at around 20psi until I decide on either HPFP upgrade or PI kit
I did do it, there was a thread on it that I followed. It worked fine with no issue. I replaced the stock pump with the Walbro 450. for mine I cut the bottom mostly off and used a large fuel pickup but I don't think that was necessary. the stock lines are just on by friction, you need stainless clamps or you'll blow the line off with the higher pressure..guess how I know lol.
2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55 PWG/VRSF DP/ER CP/Injen CAI/AA FMIC/JB4 map 7/Fuel= E50 w/ E85:93oct/Stock LPFP & HPFP/CATuned coilovers/Megan Racing Rear Swaybar/Powerflex Rear Subframe Bushing Inserts/Dual aFe Power Mach Force Mufflers/Resonator Delete/MHD & BMS Race BEF
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2020, 05:15 PM   #32
bimmerace
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zole2112 View Post
I did do it, there was a thread on it that I followed. It worked fine with no issue. I replaced the stock pump with the Walbro 450. for mine I cut the bottom mostly off and used a large fuel pickup but I don't think that was necessary. the stock lines are just on by friction, you need stainless clamps or you'll blow the line off with the higher pressure..guess how I know lol.
Damn lol I'll keep that in mind! Is the 450 good enough for full e85, and a goal of 650whp?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2020, 08:57 PM   #33
zole2112
Modder of everything I own
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Xdrive

When I asked a member on here, Obriennathaniel, if I could do 600hp with just stage 2 he told me...

"The stage 2 LPFP should be able to support 600hp on its own without the 2nd walbro pump. I run full e85, I haven't mixed my gas since I went PI, and my e85 actually tests at e95 so that proves the strength of the stage 2 lpfp."

So I may start with just a stage 2 LPFP with PI and run e50 and see what I can get out of it. I already have a 2nd Walbro I can hook up to the PI if I need it. I just need to make a bracket for it to add it to the stage 2 LPFP bucket as an outboard pump.
2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55 PWG/VRSF DP/ER CP/Injen CAI/AA FMIC/JB4 map 7/Fuel= E50 w/ E85:93oct/Stock LPFP & HPFP/CATuned coilovers/Megan Racing Rear Swaybar/Powerflex Rear Subframe Bushing Inserts/Dual aFe Power Mach Force Mufflers/Resonator Delete/MHD & BMS Race BEF
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 09:55 PM   #34
harkes
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: M135i, E39 M5, NSX and AE86

PWG big turbo!!!

I'll be following this VERY closely especially considering it took me and three different tuners 1,5 years to get my PWG PS2 running as it should (yes, still not perfect but it feels great now)
      09-28-2020, 10:00 PM   #35
harkes
Colonel
China
Rep

Quote:

Update????!!!!

Careful with the LPFP. The wiring and control module is barely enough to handle the stock I read. I would advise not to upgrade until shown necessary.
      09-29-2020, 09:55 AM   #36
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zole2112 View Post
Not trying to be rude - but why would you do a LPFP and PI after reading how complicated and likely unnecessary for your goals it is?
      10-01-2020, 10:59 PM   #37
bimmerace
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by harkes View Post
Update????!!!!

Careful with the LPFP. The wiring and control module is barely enough to handle the stock I read. I would advise not to upgrade until shown necessary.
Sorry guys, I barely have an update as of yesterday. I picked up the car from the shop, and that thing pulls!! It doesn't even have a proper tune yet, just a JB4. Map 1 and 2 and it pulls pretty well, map 5 it goes nuts! But yeah it desperately needs a HPFP and a proper tune. I'm actually gonna do some maintenance on it like belt n pulleys, plugs n coils, walnut blasting, charge pipe (surprised the stock one hasn't blown, it's BMW's replacement so it might be an improved version?), 3.5 bar sensor, xHP, and maybe a 535 or 525 custom custom upgrade. I'm getting most of that stuff delivered by next week except for the fuel pumps, and installed on the following saturday.

Anybody know the differences between the Walbro 525 "Hellcat" and the 535 pumps? They have very similar specs:

https://walbrofuelpumps.com/walbro-f...ve-tcd470.html

Should I do the injectors? Car is at 127k miles, so also got the rod bearings/oil pan gasket in mind

https://walbrofuelpumps.com/walbro-5...utomotive.html
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 08:23 AM   #38
Bl00DY F30
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' 335i M-Sport RWD

I know if you do a lpfp upgrade the EKP usually gets fried and can't keep up you'll need to get a BPM4 I know there sold out right I'm currently waiting on one as well but here's the link for you.

https://www.eospeed.com/products/bpm...ump-controller
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 10:31 AM   #39
Bowenpuref3p
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
PWG big turbo!!!

I'll be following this VERY closely especially considering it took me and three different tuners 1,5 years to get my PWG PS2 running as it should (yes, still not perfect but it feels great now)
Hey man so I'm pwg and currently waiting on my ps2 to arrive. What tuning issues did you have? Boost control issues because of being pwg? I'm wondering who you got yours tuned by that got it running properly and which software you used?
I will be running the mhd ots pure map until I can set something up with a custom tuner.
I'm trying to decide if a dorch stg1 hpfp will be enough for e30-e50 mix and around 500hp. What fueling are you using? I will also be adding methanol but more for cooling then fuel supplementing. Any tips or advice would be awesome.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 08:25 AM   #40
harkes
Colonel
China
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowenpuref3p View Post
Quote:
PWG big turbo!!!

Hey man so I'm pwg and currently waiting on my ps2 to arrive. What tuning issues did you have? Boost control issues because of being pwg? I'm wondering who you got yours tuned by that got it running properly and which software you used?
I will be running the mhd ots pure map until I can set something up with a custom tuner.
I'm trying to decide if a dorch stg1 hpfp will be enough for e30-e50 mix and around 500hp. What fueling are you using? I will also be adding methanol but more for cooling then fuel supplementing. Any tips or advice would be awesome.
PureBoost was the only of three high profile tuners that was able to get my car running great. The two others could not crack the boost control for the PS2. I have 2—300 logs on datazap.me so you can take a look.
      12-05-2020, 11:52 AM   #41
bimmerace
Private First Class
Rep

Dorch Stage 2 coming up! Gotta fix a few issues though, any ideas on these codes? I get limp mode

120408 - Charging pressure control: Switch-off as consequential reaction.
123002 - Wastegate valve activation: Short circuit to ground
12B102 - Oxygen sensor heating before catalytic converter, activation: Short circuit to ground.
12B302 - Oxygen sensor heating after catalytic converter, activation: Short circuit to ground.
1B5202 - Supply, terminal 15N_1: Short circuit to ground.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2021, 03:49 PM   #42
bimmerace
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Dorch Stage 2 coming up! Gotta fix a few issues though, any ideas on these codes? I get limp mode

120408 - Charging pressure control: Switch-off as consequential reaction.
123002 - Wastegate valve activation: Short circuit to ground
12B102 - Oxygen sensor heating before catalytic converter, activation: Short circuit to ground.
12B302 - Oxygen sensor heating after catalytic converter, activation: Short circuit to ground.
1B5202 - Supply, terminal 15N_1: Short circuit to ground.
Replacing the Integrated Supply Module fixed these codes.

Now on the the next road block, rod knock. I ordered a replacement engine from Ghassan, it's their G700. What do you guys recommend I upgrade or replace at the same time to save some money? VANOS Solenoids? Oil Cooler upgrade? I recently had replaced the coils and plugs and accessory band, but anything else I should replace or upgrade?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2021, 11:53 AM   #43
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Replacing the Integrated Supply Module fixed these codes.

Now on the the next road block, rod knock. I ordered a replacement engine from Ghassan, it's their G700. What do you guys recommend I upgrade or replace at the same time to save some money? VANOS Solenoids? Oil Cooler upgrade? I recently had replaced the coils and plugs and accessory band, but anything else I should replace or upgrade?
How did you get rod knock?

Also, i highly recommend you do some research on Ghassan. There was an entire thread dedicated to them with people saying they are scammers. Also check reviews other places online.
Appreciate 1
harkes1077.00
      02-22-2021, 02:51 AM   #44
harkes
Colonel
China
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowenpuref3p View Post
What is the status on your build? Very excited to hear!
ctt30047.00