F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > My new pride and joy
GetBMWParts

02-15-2014, 05:14 AM   #23
Adybaby
Private
Rep
Drives: 320i F30

Nice - is the engine as noisy as they say? (Assume in the cabin it is not noticeable)
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 05:31 AM   #24
agnesx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M Sport

Hey Adybaby, i was worried too when i saw some videos on youtube where it sounded like a rough diesel.. but happy to say, inside the car, barely hear the engine,
even outside it wasn't that bad, but when the bonnet is opened... then yeah.. bit more noisy..

but dont think its much concern... esp when she drives so well
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 08:44 AM   #25
MP423
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: it like its a rental

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnesx
Thanks for the nice comments and welcomes guys!
MP423, nice collection of cars, how were the RX7s?? always loved them and the rotaries...
nearly brought one instead of my S15 back in the days... but was too worried about expertise with Rotaries vs the SR20...

now that I've had more time with Zoe, just loving her more and more, I'd leave the eco mode for the wifey... but honestly dont mind the normal mode when just doing some sedated traffic driving around peak hour, car feels heaps nice and comfy and kinda relaxes me even in the traffic

when there's less traffic about, flick into sports to enjoy some tight turns or fwy on ramps haven't gone to the usual playgrounds yet but looking forward to it sometimes

love her more and more with each drive
Yes rotaries were a lot of fun...had a peripheral port in the series 3...it used to rev to 12000 rpm so was more like a bike...very fast but had to work hard for it...series 5 was my favourite though...it's balance was amazing and you could take it right to the limit of traction at any speed and know exactly what it was going to do.
      02-16-2014, 03:59 PM   #26
agnesx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M Sport

wow... sounded like great fun...
that's what i loved about my s15 also... the fact that you can 'feel' so much feedback as a driver that you can easily hammer it to the limits and know where they are, be it corner or series or corners
kinda miss her in that sense.. but do love Zoe alot still a different kind of love
Appreciate 0