F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > X3 M40d gone, Mini JCW inbound (I think)
Extreme Powerhouse

08-19-2020, 03:04 PM   #23
EvilDrPorkChop
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayman

Have to say our Minis Pan roof creaks too - especially in winter (Actually been meaning to get it back to the dealer). But would I be without it? No, we love it. Let's so much light and fresh air in we have it open majority of the spring/summer and tilt in winter.

Only thing I'm slightly disappointed with the Mini coming from BMW is the build quality. Certainly not as good as our 1er. There's a few creaks everywhere tbh, the carpets aren't as good quality and the plastics aren't as good. Other than that it's a great car and i'd happily have another.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 11:48 AM   #24
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

So got the revised quote with the extra options and only gone up to £373 a month, with £355 deposit still.

That’s only another £12 for the extra £1k added, must be discounted and improving gfv I guess.

Having a drive of one on Saturday and then placing order Monday.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 11:59 AM   #25
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SRB 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
So got the revised quote with the extra options and only gone up to £373 a month, with £355 deposit still.

That’s only another £12 for the extra £1k added, must be discounted and improving gfv I guess.

What mileage is that for?
Appreciate 1
      08-20-2020, 12:12 PM   #26
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringPleb View Post
Appreciate 1
      08-20-2020, 12:15 PM   #27
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

Nobody wants a basic Mini on resale so some of options do affect gfv....
Edited to add - are you now on wheels, leather, SPG, and stripes? £1500 in total extras? for £18 a month, pretty impressive...about 60% of full cost,

Let us know what you think. Most reviews say ride is firm, so I would probably go 18s and adaptive (although I suspect that whilst that costs the same as 19s, the GFV impact isnt the same...)

Last edited by isleaiw1; 08-20-2020 at 12:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 01:54 PM   #28
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
That’s for 8k as Ian said, I asked what 15k would be and it’d be £415 with the same options.

Excess mileage is around 9p plus VAT.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 01:57 PM   #29
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
Nobody wants a basic Mini on resale so some of options do affect gfv....
Edited to add - are you now on wheels, leather, SPG, and stripes? £1500 in total extras? for £18 a month, pretty impressive...about 60% of full cost,

Let us know what you think. Most reviews say ride is firm, so I would probably go 18s and adaptive (although I suspect that whilst that costs the same as 19s, the GFV impact isnt the same...)
Never been overly sensitive to hard ride, some notice, some don’t. I’m in the don’t camp. It just doesn’t register when I’m driving. Same with creaks and rattles, I just zone them out and don’t hear them.

All my cars have had the biggest wheels possible and never bothered me.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 02:13 PM   #30
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SRB 440i GC

Quote:
Quote:
That’s for 8k as Ian said, I asked what 15k would be and it’d be £415 with the same options.

Excess mileage is around 9p plus VAT.
So possibly around 425-435 for the 20k I do.

Sometimes it's a pain the arse doing so many miles!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 02:57 PM   #31
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
So possibly around 425-435 for the 20k I do.

Sometimes it's a pain the arse doing so many miles!
When I did 25k miles a year I used to HP them over 5 years, no guaranteed value but the position after 4 years was a small debt which meant normally a little bit of equity in the car. If I did more miles, nobody cared, if I did less then car worth a bit more and a bit more equity.

Obviously the payments were slightly higher but more flexibility for changing...

Last edited by isleaiw1; 08-20-2020 at 03:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 03:00 PM   #32
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Never been overly sensitive to hard ride, some notice, some don’t. I’m in the don’t camp. It just doesn’t register when I’m driving. Same with creaks and rattles, I just zone them out and don’t hear them.

All my cars have had the biggest wheels possible and never bothered me.
I didnt think I was until I jumped out of an SQ5 on 21s into a 530d on 19s. God, it was like night and day....

The M5 was firm but rode better overall than the SQ5.

So in future I am going to aim for a bit more sidewall.... plus the black 18s are less overt and I do like a sleeper....
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 03:30 PM   #33
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I didnt think I was until I jumped out of an SQ5 on 21s into a 530d on 19s. God, it was like night and day....

The M5 was firm but rode better overall than the SQ5.

So in future I am going to aim for a bit more sidewall.... plus the black 18s are less overt and I do like a sleeper....
Really not a fan of totally black wheels, need some contrast with the tyres. To my eye they just look like sofa castors.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 03:37 PM   #34
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Really not a fan of totally black wheels, need some contrast with the tyres. To my eye they just look like sofa castors.
Wouldn't be my first choice but just had one refurbed at a cost of £50 which is much better price than a diamond cut one... and no limit on number of times they can be done...

Lets be honest, more bothered about the drive than the look, and people seem to like all black judging by the number on the road!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 05:15 PM   #35
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Wouldn't be my first choice but just had one refurbed at a cost of £50 which is much better price than a diamond cut one... and no limit on number of times they can be done...

Lets be honest, more bothered about the drive than the look, and people seem to like all black judging by the number on the road!
I’m only buying for me (and the wife who hates black wheels as well), doesn’t matter one little bit what others like. And as I said, I won’t be able to tell the difference between the 19 and 18’s. Previous experience tells me that, no problem that others can. I can’t tell the difference between run flat and non run flat either.

And I’ve never had a wheel repair in 30 years of driving, not starting now, if they get scratched they get scratched.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 05:21 PM   #36
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I’m only buying for me (and the wife who hates black wheels as well), doesn’t matter one little bit what others like. And as I said, I won’t be able to tell the difference between the 19 and 18’s. Previous experience tells me that, no problem that others can. I can’t tell the difference between run flat and non run flat either.

And I’ve never had a wheel repair in 30 years of driving, not starting now, if they get scratched they get scratched.
Well I always work on principle I might want to get rid before time, you know like your X3, so what others like matters...

Nor had I - but then you had probably never added 1500 quid in extras either! Open your mind, be flexible!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 05:34 PM   #37
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Well I always work on principle I might want to get rid before time, you know like your X3, so what others like matters...

Nor had I - but then you had probably never added 1500 quid in extras either! Open your mind, be flexible!
If it’s ok with you I’ll spec my car how I want it, not how you think you/others might want it. And it’s not like I’m doing anything wild or individual with it that would put buyers off.

There are loads of Clubmans with the diamond cut 19 inch cost option, a quick look on autotrader shows about 50/50 with the standard black. So I’m sure it’ll make zero difference. And given how adding the 19’s slightly increased the GFV, Mini must think they’re more in demand.

And my mind isn’t closed, I’ve tried all different tyres and wheels. It just isn’t a factor for me. If you remember I got my X3 with 20’s and non run flat tyres which I drove for a few weeks. I then had fitted 21’s on run flats and I couldn’t tell a difference at all. No problem that some notice it instantly, that’s just not me.

When I go from a Mini to a Q7 I’m sure I’ll notice a big difference. A 5mm difference in sidewall on 2 different wheels on the same car less so.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 06:10 PM   #38
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
If it’s ok with you I’ll spec my car how I want it, not how you think you/others might want it. And it’s not like I’m doing anything wild or individual with it that would put buyers off.

There are loads of Clubmans with the diamond cut 19 inch cost option, a quick look on autotrader shows about 50/50 with the standard black. So I’m sure it’ll make zero difference. And given how adding the 19’s slightly increased the GFV, Mini must think they’re more in demand.

And my mind isn’t closed, I’ve tried all different tyres and wheels. It just isn’t a factor for me. If you remember I got my X3 with 20’s and non run flat tyres which I drove for a few weeks. I then had fitted 21’s on run flats and I couldn’t tell a difference at all. No problem that some notice it instantly, that’s just not me.

When I go from a Mini to a Q7 I’m sure I’ll notice a big difference. A 5mm difference in sidewall on 2 different wheels on the same car less so.
Feel free, as you say its your choice... as it is all of our choices on a FORUM to debate it....Perhaps I misunderstood, are forums only for others to debate my choices, Silly me...

Good luck with it.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 06:24 PM   #39
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Feel free, as you say its your choice... as it is all of our choices on a FORUM to debate it....Perhaps I misunderstood, are forums only for others to debate my choices, Silly me...

Good luck with it.
I debated your choices. I told you I didn’t like them and clearly explained my reasoning. You continued to push.

What would you like me to do, just agree with you for peace on MY choice of car? Jeez, in this case this one is on you, not me.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 06:27 PM   #40
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I debated your choices. I told you why I didn’t like them. You continued to push.

What would you like me to do, just agree with you for peace on MY choice of car? Jeez, in this case this one is in you, not me.
I'd like you to continue to have an opinion on all other things and get stroppy if someone offers an alternative to yours. That works well on a forum. Have fun.

Of course you never continue to push so its obvious why you would be annoyed if someone else does.....

Goodnight...
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 06:39 PM   #41
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I'd like you to continue to have an opinion on all other things and get stroppy if someone offers an alternative to yours. That works well on a forum. Have fun.

Of course you never continue to push so its obvious why you would be annoyed if someone else does.....

Goodnight...
Crikey, you’re worse than me, at least I put my hands up to it occasionally.

I did not get stroppy over your suggestions. I clearly explained why when I considered them that they didn’t work for me, with absolutely no emotion or insult to you in my comments. You then accused me of a closed mind etc etc and are still continuing to do so.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 06:42 PM   #42
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Crikey, you’re worse than me, at least I put my hands up to it occasionally.

I did not get stroppy over your suggestions. I clearly explained why when I considered them that they didn’t work for me, with absolutely no emotion or insult to you in my comments. You then accused me of a closed mind etc etc and are still continuing to do so.
I wonder why...

I tried before but again... goodnight...
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 06:45 PM   #43
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I wonder why...

I tried before but again... goodnight...
And still going. I’ve no idea why me stating my reasons for not liking black smaller wheels offends you so much. I even stated that I understood why other people might prefer them.

Perhaps you’d care to explain why you’ve taken such offence when you’ve slept on it.

At the moment it feels like my only option is to say I’m wrong and order black wheels.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 06:54 PM   #44
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
And still going. I’ve no idea why me stating my reasons for not liking black smaller wheels offends you so much. I even stated that I understood why other people might prefer them.

Perhaps you’d care to explain why you’ve taken such offence when you’ve slept on it.

At the moment it feels like my only option is to say I’m wrong and order black wheels.
You can order whatever you like -everyone can have their opinion.

Mine was an opinion, I don’t expect you to change yours. It’s what forums do, we agree to disagree.

Goodnight..

PS I haven’t taken offence. I won’t over your politics, your religion or your wheels. Debate is what grown ups do. It’s a great car, I have my perfectly reasonable views on spec, so I am voicing them. Let’s not get started on stripes!
Appreciate 0