F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > DIY: F30 Rear Park Distance Control (PDC) Retrofit
Extreme Powerhouse

02-05-2020, 03:30 AM   #309
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloobydo View Post
Kudo's to tokenmaster where ever he lives.
http://tokenmaster.blogspot.com/2019/

FWIW - I did donate $250 to a charity I'm fond of helping profoundly deaf kids with cochlear implants. greatervoice.com

My car is 2013, and it was a bit difficult tracking down a psdz lite file with older i-step codes. I found one here: https://mega.nz/#F!6hBkRSzI!9FVyH3WK3w5uorZJ5ph-FA

Again the instructions were great. The only risk I took was choosing CADF presented in the psdz data (F020-13-03-501) that didn't exactly match my existing Istep in my car (F020-12-11-505). They were only 1 rev different, and it injected w/o issue. It was way better than trying to update ECU firmware.

Thank you also for your feedback.
But you don't need a launcher to code the PDC, beacuse E-Sys can do many things without Launcher.
If you want to code other things and still want to have the launcher, there is also the free Launcher Pro 2.8.2.
Furthermore you don't need the old psdzdata, you can always take the newest.
But of course it's still good that you donated.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 08:50 AM   #310
air_kido91
Registered
Rep
Drives: f34

Can anyone help me :
I want to put pdc sensors front and back on an e87, I coded the module and see it in Ista but not code it intro vo,...... if I put only the rear sensors will the module work or it will not work until the front sensors are connected ? thx hope you can help me with this out...
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 05:03 AM   #311
aingaran92
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 116D

I'm still kind of lost
Done the vo coding 507
I had to replace my rem box which I ordered a 2nd hand one but still no parking sensor working:/
Did I forget anything
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 09:46 PM   #312
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30 2016 BMW 328i

Sub'ed
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 08:05 AM   #313
avantix
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4CS Lime Rock Grey

If anyone is looking to do this project I have a brand new wiring/parts set for sale. I was going to do this on my 2016 M3 then changed cars before I had time to do it. 8 Silvestone sensors can be included or not. Even the unused drill tap is included. Make me an offer and take this kit off my hands.
Attached Images

11-20-2020, 03:03 AM   #314
Marko_Bimmer
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Hello guys, I am trying to retrofit rear PDC in my 2012 F30.
I've bought used PDC harness. I am trying to figure out connection but I see that I suppose to have 6 cables at the end, meanwhile I have 12 (3 from each sensor).
Do you know if I should connect 4 green together as well as brown?
It looks like that.

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2020, 11:56 AM   #315
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko_Bimmer View Post
Hello guys, I am trying to retrofit rear PDC in my 2012 F30.
I've bought used PDC harness. I am trying to figure out connection but I see that I suppose to have 6 cables at the end, meanwhile I have 12 (3 from each sensor).
Do you know if I should connect 4 green together as well as brown?
It looks like that.
You need 3 cables for each sensor.
Every sensor gets a green/black wire.
Every sensor gets a brown/black wire.
On the picture you see the rest of the connections.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 02:11 AM   #316
Marko_Bimmer
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by atzebmw View Post
You need 3 cables for each sensor.
Every sensor gets a green/black wire.
Every sensor gets a brown/black wire.
On the picture you see the rest of the connections.
Hi, yes I had 3 cables to one sensor but then only 6 are going housing.
According to scheme you posted I should link 4 brown into one as well as green. Then I will have 4 yellow cables which are unltrasonic signal.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 09:19 PM   #317
scoopy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f30 320d

Hi my car is 2013/06 build date i have a factory rear pdc and i will be installing 3ag backup camera. Would just like to ask if somebody here installed this center console pc on their cars? If its just a plug and play? Thanks [IMG][/IMG]

Would love to put it in my car thank you

*** pulled out i already have a wire coming from pin2 however im not sure where it is connected. Do i need to tap pin2 going to icm?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 02:23 AM   #318
david51
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: bmw M3 F80

Garage List
Thanks for the tutorial
everything works perfectly
who can send me the caf file of PMA generation 2 to compare with generation 1
thank you
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 05:08 PM   #319
pici192
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 316d

Hi my F31/2015 came without rear sensors, I planing to install them.

I did check my REM, there is no PDC pins.
I found other REM with PDC pins, but there some other pins are missing...
Dont know may I use that REM in my F31?
Could you help me, for what are those pins?

https://ibb.co/Wk8wjBV

Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 01:31 PM   #320
etz
Rep
Drives: 435i

Has anyone run into an issue where after moving from reverse to drive, it doesnt return to the previous screen (Journey Computer), but instead to the menu (Vehicle Info menu)? HU Entry with a used REM and 507 Coded.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 03:31 PM   #321
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by etz View Post
Has anyone run into an issue where after moving from reverse to drive, it doesnt return to the previous screen (Journey Computer), but instead to the menu (Vehicle Info menu)? HU Entry with a used REM and 507 Coded.
Your display is original 6,5"?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 03:41 PM   #322
etz
Rep

Quote:
Your display is original 6,5"?
Yes, it is.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 04:20 PM   #323
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Yes, it is.
OK.
And all is coded correctly?
The REM have got a new CAFD and coded?

If yes, i would try to code the HU and REM again and maybe also the FEM and ICM.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 01:49 PM   #324
etz
Rep

Quote:
OK.
And all is coded correctly?
The REM have got a new CAFD and coded?

If yes, i would try to code the HU and REM again and maybe also the FEM and ICM.
Do you mean adding the 507 option code to FEM and ICM aswell?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 03:44 PM   #325
SharkGrogu
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i F30 LCI

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidlyboy View Post
My Rear Electronic Module (REM) - Part #61359329700 - arrived this week, and since my retrofit cables have not come in yet, i figured i would go ahead and do the REM replacement first since its a necessary pre-requisite task. Thanks to everyone who did NOT bid on this on Ebay ... It was sitting there at $175 for the longest time, and i finally offerred the guy $125, which he accepted It had one missing mounting tab, but between one mounting tab and another mounting screw it was good enough to secure it in the battery compartment.

This particular REM is the one roxxor recommended as having all the necessary pins/connectors needed to power the PDC sensors and connect/run the data to the NBT head unit and stereo speakers. I was tempted to take apart the REM unit to see how its wired, but ahh.. was too lazy But i did take some pics of the install and wanted to share some of my install details in case anyone might find it useful during your own rear PDC retrofit.

Btw... other than having to drill holes in the rear bumper, this part (replacing REM) of the overall rear PDC retrofit made me the most nervous, since its such a key part of the car and could screw up a lot if something went wrong. However, after seeing how easy it was to replace, most of those fears are gone.

The whole install takes less than 15-20 minutes as there is not a lot to remove. This was one of the easiest things i've replaced on the car. However, coding WILL be required after replacing this part to get rid of an innocuous dash error and your rear windows not being able to open/close. Or you can do coding all at once after the PDC sensors are installed. More on the coding part later. Here is the removal/swap procedure:

1. Remove storage cover to reveal the battery compartment in the trunk. The nice thing here is that you don't have to remove any of the trunk liners which woulda been somewhat of a PITA. Its nice for once not to have to tear apart the car to do something. The battery compartment area is conveniently covered up by this recessed storage cover that is removed by just turning that dial at the top of it.
  2. Remove battery ground cable (13mm nut) - for safety and to protect sensitive electronic components should something weird occur. You might see small sparks fly when the connector/cable contacts the grounding post. It kinda freaked me out a little when i did this. Don't be alarmed. Use an insulated needle-nose pliers to hold the grounding cable for safety. I was always wondering with these new type of computerized cars, that if you remove the power to the car, what would happen? It turns out for a BMW, the only thing that is affected is the time/date. Thats the only thing lost when you "unplug" your car. Very minor impact.
  3. Remove all three (3) electrical connectors from the REM - There are 3 connector/harnesses plugged into the original REM, and all will need to be removed in order to replace the REM. These connectors have the flip-locking mechanism that holds them into place. In order to remove these, a) Press in the release lever/button in the middle of the connector, then
    b) Flip the release handle upwards . As you flip the handle up, the connector should start to move out of the connector slot on its own.
  4. Remove power cable to the REM - this is the +12 power cable to the REM. In order to remove it, there are two things you'll need to do. a) first, use a pair of needle-nose plier to grip the red locking tab and pull it straight out. Then b) press down on the release lever using needle nose pliers, then pull the connector straight out/back towards you.
  5. Remove 10mm mounting screw that holds REM to chassis - now that all cables/connectors have been removed, the only thing that remains is a 10mm screw that holds the REM to the mounting point on the chassis. Remove that and the REM will just pop out.
  6. Replace REM - a) two mounting tabs into chassis slots - there are two tabs on the left side of the REM that slide into the accompanying slots/holes in the chassis where the original REM went. Just slide the tabs into those two holes/slots, then b) align the mounting hole on the right side of the REM on the hole in the chassis where the original REM went, then screw the 10mm screw back in. Your new REM is now secured!
  7. Replace everything in reverse order - just be careful with the little pieces - e.g. red locking tab to power cable, nuts... if you drop them, it will fall between the battery compartment and it will be a PITA to fish out. When you re-connect the battery ground cable to the post, you will definitely see small sparks now if you didn't see any during the removal. Again, don't be alarmed, but i do recommend using an insulated pair of pliers to hold the cable to place back on the post.

Once you button everything back up, turn on the car to make sure everything looks the same/normal. The only thing that should show up on your dash is a warning to set the date/time on the car again and a Trunk Open warning on your dash. Don't be alarmed about the Trunk warning. You have a new REM that requires new coding to bring it up to snuff. From Rsnic:

One other side effect of changing out the REM (but no error shows up for this on dash) is that the rear windows don't seem to respond to the driver window controls. This seemed to also have been corrected after programming. YMMV.

Thanks again to roxxor for pioneering this Rear PDC Retrofit DIY thread, taking all the initial risks and paving the way for the rest of us! You did the hard work, and the rest of us are just filling in details, and enjoying the fruits of your labor

EDIT: add coding info about the 'Trunk Open' warning on dash

Guys, please help a brother in need:

I'm a newbie with E-sys, where can I find the proper CAFD?
"CAFD that matches your EXACT I-step to minimize any issue "
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 05:11 PM   #326
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Do you mean adding the 507 option code to FEM and ICM aswell?
Code the FEM, REM, HU_Entry and ICM
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 05:12 PM   #327
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbogdan21 View Post
Guys, please help a brother in need:

I'm a newbie with E-sys, where can I find the proper CAFD?
"CAFD that matches your EXACT I-step to minimize any issue "
Don't care about that.
Choose the CAFD you like or the CAFD with the highest numbers or the botton one.
You will get no problems.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 11:51 AM   #328
avantix
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4CS Lime Rock Grey

Parts

Hi everyone, if anyone is interested I have the entire kit to do front and back PDC including the actual sensors (not the REM module though) all brand new sealed BMW. I was going to do this to my 2016 M3 but changed my mind and sold the car.

PM me if interested
      11-14-2021, 01:46 PM   #329
Bastanold
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i F30

hi guys,

My 2018 BMW 330i (F30) USA has no PDC sensors, and I decided to equip the rear PDC for the start and front PDC after.
My BMW also has NBTevo (S609), Reversing Camera (S3AG), Lane Change Warning (S5AG) options in the configuration.

How get compatible REM list with PDC support? And should new REM have the same versions of HWEL BTLD SWFL with the current REM?

I checked support REM list in realoem, but current OEM REM id is not specified in this list, and I doubted the correct list it shows?

REM #61359866980
HWAP 00000F48
HWEL 003.000.002
BTLD 003.044.010
SWFL 003.044.010

Photo of REM
      11-14-2021, 11:09 PM   #330
Anden320d
Registered
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d