F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > M Performance 335/435i Huge Price Drop
ARMA SPEED

05-17-2019, 07:42 PM   #155
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by digistil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Why the price drop clearly the demand is there are they just trying to clear excess inventory?
I'm guessing it's no longer being manufactured and they decided they needed space for other inventory, but not sure.
As I said long ago on this thread, 3.15 is a dead ratio for BMW and they were clearing out inventory.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 08:12 PM   #156
kpgray
GasCompressor
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche 911 Cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkdore View Post
I just got a cancelation of my order from getbmwparts because "BMW has cancelled our order for this item as they've sold out" I wonder if any other vendors have some on order and can sell me one.

Edit: Reordered through shopbmwusa. Crossing my fingers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52172 View Post
It got cancelled
Ordered mine from Bimmerworld Monday May 6th, said it would be first couple weeks of June... no cancellation at this point, fingers crossed. Already set up install for second week of July.

2022 Porsche 911 Cabriolet Agate Grey/Black PDK
2019 440i M-Sport Smoke Topaz Metallic/Opel (Sold)
2014 335i M-Sport Black/Beige MPPK/MPE (Totaled)
2013 328i Sport xDrive Imperial Blue/Grey (Sold)
Appreciate 1
bkdore103.00
      05-18-2019, 07:13 PM   #157
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpgray View Post
Quote:
I just got a cancelation of my order from getbmwparts because "BMW has cancelled our order for this item as they've sold out" I wonder if any other vendors have some on order and can sell me one.

Quote:
It got cancelled
Ordered mine from Bimmerworld Monday May 6th, said it would be first couple weeks of June... no cancellation at this point, fingers crossed. Already set up install for second week of July.
As I said, 180 were showing in stock in Germany Friday 5/10 so if they ordered from a Dealer when you purchased, you should be fine. As they are a 3rd party, they need to order through a Dealer they do business with. That's why they quoted early June instead of 7-10 days.

So if the Dealer ordered for them in a timely manner, you should be fine.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 08:43 PM   #158
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbear View Post
Can anyone attest to the characteristics of this LSD? Is it a very distinct engagement point? Does it make a noise when it engages, noticeable? Smooth when it engages or do you feel it through the car as if it were a rough gear change?
Quote:
Can anyone attest to the characteristics of this LSD? Is it a very distinct engagement point? Does it make a noise when it engages, noticeable? Smooth when it engages or do you feel it through the car as if it were a rough gear change?
FYI- the BMW info sheet for the LSD has very specific breakin instructions for the first 500 miles. There are posts that definitely describe a difference in how it drives during and after this breakin period. Supposed to be smooth after breakin.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 08:50 PM   #159
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
It got cancelled
As I said, 180 were showing in stock in Germany Friday 5/10 so if they ordered from a Dealer when you purchased, you should be fine. As they are a 3rd party, they need to order through a Dealer they do business with. That's why they quoted early June instead of 7-10 days.

Quote:
Curious where you obtained inventory information from Germany? I spoke with six different US dealers and they all consistently said that their US computer systems have no insight into German inventory at all.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 09:05 PM   #160
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Any consensus on this LSD working on 335i xDrive Automatic?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by digistil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Why the price drop clearly the demand is there are they just trying to clear excess inventory?
I'm guessing it's no longer being manufactured and they decided they needed space for other inventory, but not sure.
As I said long ago on this thread, 3.15 is a dead ratio for BMW and they were clearing out inventory.
I know that when this particular part# M Performance LSD came out years ago the written description from BMW said that it fit 335i/435i with automatic transmissions. But weren't there recent posts that said it also fits 335i/435i xDrives as long as they are automatic transmissions?

I believe the rational was that the part numbers for the rear differentials, drive shafts and final drive ratios in the sdrive and xdrive models were the same, so the LSD would work in both. I've got a 2015 335i xDrive and that was in the range that supposedly worked.

Does anyone know for sure? Has anyone installed this discounted MP LSD in a 335i/435i xDrive with automatic transmission? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 09:05 PM   #161
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
It got cancelled

Quote:
Curious where you obtained inventory information from Germany? I spoke with six different US dealers and they all consistently said that their US computer systems have no insight into German inventory at all.
You are no talking to the right people at your Dealership.

Bottom line. Even If checking now they will have no insight to this part in Germany as they are not available anywhere now.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 09:13 PM   #162
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
It got cancelled

Quote:

Bottom line. If checking now they will have no insight to this part in Germany as they are not available anywhere now.
Quote:
Talked to parts departments at six different dealerships. They all claimed that their US parts computers can't show them how many of any part is available in German inventory, not just this particular part. I'm not saying that they are correct. I'm just reporting what they said and that they all said the same thing. Maybe there's a way to do it but they don't train the typical parts person on how to do it. Who knows? The people I spoke with all seemed to be experienced knowledgeable people, not employees new to the job.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 09:17 PM   #163
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
It got cancelled

Quote:

Bottom line. If checking now they will have no insight to this part in Germany as they are not available anywhere now.
Quote:
Talked to parts departments at six different dealerships. They all claimed that their US parts computers can't show them how many of any part is available in German inventory, not just this particular part. I'm not saying that they are correct. I'm just reporting what they said and that they all said the same thing. Maybe there's a way to do it but they don't train the typical parts person on how to do it. Who knows? The people I spoke with all seemed to be experienced knowledgeable people, not employees new to the job.
Every parts department I've ever dealt with has always been able to tell me how many parts were available in USA (and actually which Dealerships) and if not in stock in USA, number of items available in Germany.

If that were not the case, they would be unable to tell you if a part that was out of stock in USA could be ordered from Germany.

Finally, if something is out of stock in USA and ordered from Germany, the part should be to a USA Dealership in 7-10 days. Perhaps 14 days on rare occasion.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 09:23 PM   #164
razzy530
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungatron View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOO :-)

My bank account is going to get crushed today. I literally just purchased a M Performance Exhaust.

2015 335i Auto RWD for the win today
I just purchased the MPE too. For only $540.

BMWCCA MEMBER 397411
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 09:27 PM   #165
TheJungatron
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD- USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzy530 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungatron View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOO :-)

My bank account is going to get crushed today. I literally just purchased a M Performance Exhaust.

2015 335i Auto RWD for the win today
I just purchased the MPE too. For only $540.
Yeah I didn't buy the $540 one because it's the older one and I want cf tips at some point
(Retired - 1987 325i Vert)
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2019, 10:19 AM   #166
yoandry
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX & X5 M50i

DO you think I can still get one? I saw this really late fu.k. Some website says it doesn't fit when I put my 2013. Shopbmwusa still has it to buy it. mmmm

Last edited by yoandry; 05-19-2019 at 10:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 08:35 AM   #167
lefthander
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

I have a f30 320i VIN NS51555 how do I know what's my final drive? I see that its listed as 3.15/2.81. It's so confusing.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 11:52 AM   #168
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthander View Post
I have a f30 320i VIN NS51555 how do I know what's my final drive? I see that its listed as 3.15/2.81. It's so confusing.
They are all gone so really doesn't matter now.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 09:23 AM   #169
TheJungatron
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD- USA

Mine just showed up!!! i'm super pumped :-)
Appreciate 5
      05-22-2019, 09:40 AM   #170
yoandry
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX & X5 M50i

Quote:
I got an order placed 2 days ago through shopbmwusa/my dealership and got cancelled next day, but I called and seem they still doing it as back order with a 90+ days wait. I dont mind waiting so, lets see in 3 months. lol
      05-22-2019, 10:18 AM   #171
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoandry View Post
Quote:
I got an order placed 2 days ago through shopbmwusa/my dealership and got cancelled next day, but I called and seem they still doing it as back order with a 90+ days wait. I dont mind waiting so, lets see in 3 months. lol
You won't.

These are gone.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 02:53 PM   #172
ctbear
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i m-sport

Quote:
You won't.

These are gone.
How are you so sure?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 03:41 PM   #173
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You won't.

These are gone.
How are you so sure?
Because they are not making anymore.

Foolish to think they could make them for several hundred dollars.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 03:48 PM   #174
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
You won't.

These are gone.
+1. I have my original open differential sitting in the basement and the M Performance LSD installed into my car from about 2 years ago. I was thinking of ordering another one but when I saw they were no longer available on getbmwparts I figured they are going to discontinue the products. Would have been nice to snag a brand new spare at under $700.
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4486.00
      05-22-2019, 03:51 PM   #175
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo08816 View Post
Quote:
You won't.

These are gone.
+1. I have my original open differential sitting in the basement and the M Performance LSD installed into my car from about 2 years ago. I was thinking of ordering another one but when I saw they were no longer available on getbmwparts I figured they are going to discontinue the products. Would have been nice to snag a brand new spare at under $700.
Yep.

They could not sell the OEM 3.15 Diffs in stock replacements for $2500 if they were going to keep selling a LSD at $560.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 09:11 PM   #176
natesi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30

[nevermind]
Appreciate 0