F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > N20 motor and aftermarket intakes
proTUNING Freaks

02-29-2020, 08:03 AM   #23
DadzBmer_N2o
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 320ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZf30 View Post
Recently installed a GFB diverter valve on my 328i f30, what mission getting the screws in place.
Thas what i keep hearing, how much that thing is like a surgery. I think i will wait as long as i can to change that out....
      02-29-2020, 09:48 AM   #24
Luverse
First Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadzBmer_N2o View Post
I think that Stge 2 AGG might have made things speed up the process, whatcha think?
i guess stage 2 is too much for 4 cyl
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 01:34 PM   #25
kahnfucious
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i - M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luverse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by svartorn View Post
😳 What all mods were you running to make it blow?
stage 2 AGG BM3
Decat straight pipe exhaust
GFB DV+
Injen Evolution CAI
FTP Charge Pipe
FTP TIC
Wagner competition FMIC
36k miles
Was your car a 320 or a 328 - and what are you going to do now? Fix it?
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 02:35 PM   #26
alohasurftoad
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 440i gran coupe w/mppsk

Quote:
Thas what i keep hearing, how much that thing is like a surgery. I think i will wait as long as i can to change that out....
maybe if you wait long enough, turbosmart will come out with one for a N20. they currently only have plumb-back or dual port valves for the N55 and N13 engines. from what i've read in N55 sub-forum, i believe it's better than the GFB DV+ and easier to install because it doesn't have a thick base, like the GFB DV+. i don't mind paying more for products that i believe are worth the difference in price.

I emailed them a few weeks ago and they replied,"we currently do not have any for the N20 but are looking to in the future so check back in the upcoming months". I'm not holding my breath, though...

https://www.turbosmart.com/product/b...lumb-back-vr9/
https://www.turbosmart.com/product/b...dual-port-vr9/

Last edited by alohasurftoad; 02-29-2020 at 03:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 06:12 PM   #27
DadzBmer_N2o
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohasurftoad View Post
Quote:
maybe if you wait long enough, turbosmart will come out with one for a N20. they currently only have plumb-back or dual port valves for the N55 and N13 engines. from what i've read in N55 sub-forum, i believe it's better than the GFB DV+ and easier to install because it doesn't have a thick base, like the GFB DV+. i don't mind paying more for products that i believe are worth the difference in price.

I emailed them a few weeks ago and they replied,"we currently do not have any for the N20 but are looking to in the future so check back in the upcoming months". I'm not holding my breath, though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohasurftoad View Post
Quote:

Nice, keep us updated when u can!!

And dang it, Kies sells this but not for N20's, i could have used my $5k Affirm approval for this lol..
      03-01-2020, 07:13 PM   #28
Luverse
First Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahnfucious View Post
i fix and rebuilt the engine, and sold the car
now i'm driving 330i - B48 engine
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 05:45 AM   #29
kahnfucious
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i - M Sport

Quote:
Quote:
i fix and rebuilt the engine, and sold the car
now i'm driving 330i - B48 engine
Thanks for replying - curious to know what kind of cost it took to repair that car. I guess 320s aren't quite BM-2 ready. The slightly higher compression ratio probably becomes an issue at those boost levels.
Appreciate 1
sspade2467.00
      03-02-2020, 01:07 PM   #30
FastActionJax
Go Fast Dont Die!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 328i Sport 6MT

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
As mentioned earlier

I have the FTP charge pipe and inter to turbo pipe and I also have the MST inlet pipe and my car makes the "swoosh" sound without the GFB+ and I also don't have an aftermarket intake, I removed it and have a K&N drop in now (I just drilled some holes in air box like the Msport air box)

I'm waiting for turbosmart I guess because I don't want to go thru the GFB crap lol. I may just replace my OE BOV with a new one and wait. if it's not out in 6 months I guess I'll have no choice but go with the GFB
BootMod3 stage 2 93 octane AGG| K&N Drop In| Turner Motorsports Intercooler| BMS Catchcan| FTP Chargepipe & TIC| MST Turbo Intake Pipe| CW Catless Downpipe| BAV Coils| KW DDC Coilovers| Active Autowerke Exhaust| CF Mirrors| CF Spoiler| Rohana RFX11| Black Painted Roof| @instagram.com/fastactionjax/
@youtube.com/fastactionjax/
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 01:29 PM   #31
DadzBmer_N2o
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastActionJax View Post
I have the FTP charge pipe and inter to turbo pipe and I also have the MST inlet pipe and my car makes the "swoosh" sound without the GFB+ and I also don't have an aftermarket intake, I removed it and have a K&N drop in now (I just drilled some holes in air box like the Msport air box)

I'm waiting for turbosmart I guess because I don't want to go thru the GFB crap lol. I may just replace my OE BOV with a new one and wait. if it's not out in 6 months I guess I'll have no choice but go with the GFB
Nice way to approach this, gonna have to rethink things lol..Hey i also subbed you on your IG acct, look for me as my user name here is the same for my IG acct.
      03-02-2020, 05:52 PM   #32
Luverse
First Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for replying - curious to know what kind of cost it took to repair that car. I guess 320s aren't quite BM-2 ready. The slightly higher compression ratio probably becomes an issue at those boost levels.
around US$ 3000

Quote:

last year, when i'm still using N20, i also use GFB DV+
it's hard to screw it, unless you remove the turbo
but thankfully, my mechanics can screw it with special tools without removing the turbo
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2020, 09:25 AM   #33
FastActionJax
Go Fast Dont Die!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 328i Sport 6MT

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Nice way to approach this, gonna have to rethink things lol..Hey i also subbed you on your IG acct, look for me as my user name here is the same for my IG acct.
Yeah will do bro!

Quote:
around US$ 3000

last year, when i'm still using N20, i also use GFB DV+
it's hard to screw it, unless you remove the turbo
but thankfully, my mechanics can screw it with special tools without removing the turbo
And I know I could do it by using "the grinding down the long allen" technique but I just dont feel adding a piece to an already worn BOV is my solution yunno. I know many people have used it and say its great but with the design flaws of this motor I want to make sure things are tip top, I'm sure with your experience that can be appreciated. I see why many people dont make things for the N20 but it blows.
BootMod3 stage 2 93 octane AGG| K&N Drop In| Turner Motorsports Intercooler| BMS Catchcan| FTP Chargepipe & TIC| MST Turbo Intake Pipe| CW Catless Downpipe| BAV Coils| KW DDC Coilovers| Active Autowerke Exhaust| CF Mirrors| CF Spoiler| Rohana RFX11| Black Painted Roof| @instagram.com/fastactionjax/
@youtube.com/fastactionjax/
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 05:49 PM   #34
Luverse
First Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Yeah will do bro!

And I know I could do it by using "the grinding down the long allen" technique but I just dont feel adding a piece to an already worn BOV is my solution yunno. I know many people have used it and say its great but with the design flaws of this motor I want to make sure things are tip top, I'm sure with your experience that can be appreciated. I see why many people dont make things for the N20 but it blows.
yea i know what you mean
not many workshop in my country wants to replace the BOV of N20, considering the work and risk they taken
Appreciate 0