F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Base Audio upgrade/improvements
Extreme Powerhouse

04-22-2024, 09:44 AM   #1
Madone69
Registered
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 420 Msport

Base Audio upgrade/improvements

Hi all.

My BMW base audio system is not great.I want more clarity and loudness, not huge on base.

I am wanting to upgrade my system speakers ie, 2x front door speakers, 2x underseat subs with the below:

1.Vibe Optisound Bmw mids and tweeters and crossovers (I have the A-pillar trims for the tweeters)
2:H&K underseat subs
3.Vibe 4channel LOC
3.Phase Linear 4channel mosfet amplifier
4.Vibe or JBL rear panel Coaxial speakers

1.What is your opinion on these components. Will they work with the least amount of hassle.
2. The H&K subs will they be a direct replacement for my base subs and will this old school Phase linear amplifier be able to power this without issues
3.Can someone provide me supply with the colour code for the wires I would need to cut into at the radio plug for the LOC connection

Many of the components listed by members here are not available in Cape Town or just cost a fortune. I have the amp, the h&k subs and tweeter covers and most of the wiring.

Any advice and guidance would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2024, 11:17 AM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

First things first, there are no magic speakers that will instantly transform your sound, no matter what the advertising says. The best value is going to be used OEM Hi-Fi or H-K speakers being sold by those who believed the advertising.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2024, 02:17 PM   #3
Madone69
Registered
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 420 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
First things first, there are no magic speakers that will instantly transform your sound, no matter what the advertising says. The best value is going to be used OEM Hi-Fi or H-K speakers being sold by those who believed the advertising.
So sourcing a good used set of H-K mids and tweeters and running them via the LOC and amp is first choice. Would I need additional magical items to run them?
Appreciate 0