F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > F30 2013 328i Enhanced Bluetooth
proTUNING Freaks

11-28-2018, 03:39 PM   #1
akke92
Sweden
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 328i M Sport

Lightbulb F30 2013 328i Enhanced Bluetooth

Hey guys!

I recently got myself a F30 2013 328i as stated in the title with a lot of extra equipment. What now bothers me the most is that i really want to be able to listen to music from my phone through bluetooth but the car only supports calls being made via bluetooth.
I've read some about it, mainly to see if i had the possibility to code Enhanced Bluetooth before opening the wallet, but after research i think i'm doomed to spend some cash.
The car seems to be equipped with the basic HU_Entry as it doesn't have any navigation what so ever. That removed the possibility of the Combox being integrated with the HU.
I aswell checked in the trunk for a Combox but to my concern there was nothing to the left of the fusebox....

So what i basically have is the HU_Entry without a combox...

What are my options now?
What's the best way to be able to listen to music through bluetooth without spending more than the car costed me?
I've seen some people doing retrofits on Comboxes but the most popular seem to be to retrofit a NBT unit.

Are their any other options for me or are these two options the only possibilites?

Best regards,
akke92
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2018, 04:41 PM   #2
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

I had hu entry and the combox Still upgraded to nbt n couldn't b happier.

It's def not to cheapest option, if u do wanna go the combox route I have one I can sell u. It's the updated version with subscription good until 2020.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2018, 11:38 PM   #3
jmaak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 370z

hey man i was in a similar situation. You have two "cheap" options.

https://www.amazon.com/Bovee-Bluetoo...19155338&psc=1

This goes in your arm rest and plugs into both the usb and the aux. you connect via bluetooth and set to aux in the car.
I've had this for 4 years and it worked great.

you can also upgrade your Headunit to HU_EntryNav which has enhanced bluetooth built in. This way the bluetooth is through the car and is a much better experience (in my opinion).
I picked on up on ebay for $100. Another benefit is that you can do the screen upgrade from the 6.5 to the 8.8.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 02:49 AM   #4
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport

You can get EBT 'if' you had the combox. The VO coding would have been 6NH to 6NK.

Adding in combox, IMHO is going to be quite job. It will much easier if you just upgraded the HU_ETNRY to HU_NBT + Emulator (if you want to activate navigation). It's almost PnP + a small bit of coding.

VO Coding:

Add 609 (ProNav)
Add 6NR (if the donor VIN has BMW Apps)
Change 6NH to 6NS (Basic BT to Enhanced BT). Note you can't have both as the same time.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 01:22 PM   #5
akke92
Sweden
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhnblckwood View Post
I had hu entry and the combox Still upgraded to nbt n couldn't b happier.

It's def not to cheapest option, if u do wanna go the combox route I have one I can sell u. It's the updated version with subscription good until 2020.
So you upgraded to the NBT HU?
I'm thinking i'm gonna go that route aswell but i'm not quite sure i know exactly what items i'm gonna need to order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaak View Post
hey man i was in a similar situation. You have two "cheap" options.

https://www.amazon.com/Bovee-Bluetoo...19155338&psc=1

This goes in your arm rest and plugs into both the usb and the aux. you connect via bluetooth and set to aux in the car.
I've had this for 4 years and it worked great.

you can also upgrade your Headunit to HU_EntryNav which has enhanced bluetooth built in. This way the bluetooth is through the car and is a much better experience (in my opinion).
I picked on up on ebay for $100. Another benefit is that you can do the screen upgrade from the 6.5 to the 8.8.
Huh, never thought of the HU_EntryNav... That's definitely cheaper than picking up a whole setup for the NBT HU. Do i need anything else than the HU_EntryNav when doing a replacement? Any extra cables or equipment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitster View Post
You can get EBT 'if' you had the combox. The VO coding would have been 6NH to 6NK.

Adding in combox, IMHO is going to be quite job. It will much easier if you just upgraded the HU_ETNRY to HU_NBT + Emulator (if you want to activate navigation). It's almost PnP + a small bit of coding.

VO Coding:

Add 609 (ProNav)
Add 6NR (if the donor VIN has BMW Apps)
Change 6NH to 6NS (Basic BT to Enhanced BT). Note you can't have both as the same time.
Yea it's a shame that the car wasn't equipped with the Combox, else i would have just coded in EBT but now i can't sadly...
What is your opinion on the HU_EntryNav compared to the HU_NBT?
HU_EntryNav seems to support EBT aswell so what's the main differences?

Thanks for all the replies guys, greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
akke92
Appreciate 0