F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Clearing VIN on Cluster Gauge EEPROM
Studio RSR

02-07-2019, 02:02 PM   #1
Alturiak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i

Clearing VIN on Cluster Gauge EEPROM

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is somewhere on this forum, but I couldn't find anything that answered my question. I'm trying to clear the VIN on a replacement F30 cluster for my F30, and was hoping someone could tell me which line of code the VIN resides on the EEPROM?

When I took it apart there were two EEPROMS on the rear board (none on the front board), I suspected the VIN info is on the 160D0WQ chip, as it is on the E9x boards. From my experience with E9x boards, the VIN is written on line 2E0 and is the last 8 characters on the right (columns 08-F). But on the F30 board I don't see a VIN written on this line, only 2 characters were written in columns 08 and 09 and that's it.

Can someone let me know how the VIN is supposed to be cleared on these boards? Am I missing something? Any help is greatly appreciated!
2011 E92 M-Sport BSM, Built N55 with 9.5:1 compression and forged internals, VAC Stage 3 Ported Head, custom tuned by Twisted Tuning, PR Coils, Pure Stage 2, Fuel It! Phoenix Race PI Manifold, StopTech BBK 380mm front 345mm rear, BBS CH-R Titanium, Dinan exhaust w/black tips, BMS Intake, DCT shifter retrofit, VRSF 3.5" downpipe, VRSF 7" HD IC, CSL CF trunk, 335is Rear Diffusor, Alpina B3 Trans Flash
Appreciate 0