F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Best tuner for stock 320xi
GetBMWParts

12-27-2019, 11:41 PM   #23
sitetech
Banned
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2018 320iX M-sport

Yeah, jb is worse than complete solutions like bootmod3 or mg flasher. Last one much cheaper and you do not need a PC.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 07:35 PM   #24
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 12:56 PM   #25
PuroMexicano
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 320i Sport Line 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitetech View Post
PuroMexicano what results do you get with mg flasher?

answered in the other thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechamanz View Post
Hi, when you had the JB+, did you dyno your car before and after? If not, how was the power+torque improvement? What setting did you have it in?

I have a b48 320i, and this seems like a good start to adding power to my car on a budget. I have found 2nd hand JB+ for a relatively cheap price online

Also, I know this has been asked and answered many times, but is JB+ reliable?

Thanks
I did not dyno the car, improvement from stock with the JB+ was good in terms of torque and power, I liked it a lot but decided to increase the hp/tq with a ECU tune from MGflasher

The JB+ is a good start for tuning, it was reliable for me and I'd recommend it.

For the price difference, I'd go directly to the MGflasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
Don't
Tuning threads are not for you, please allow people interested to hear from experienced tune users and not this type of answers that aren't worth crap.
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2020, 01:54 PM   #26
mechamanz
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 320i LCI

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuroMexicano View Post
answered in the other thread

I did not dyno the car, improvement from stock with the JB+ was good in terms of torque and power, I liked it a lot but decided to increase the hp/tq with a ECU tune from MGflasher

The JB+ is a good start for tuning, it was reliable for me and I'd recommend it.

For the price difference, I'd go directly to the MGflasher

Tuning threads are not for you, please allow people interested to hear from experienced tune users and not this type of answers that aren't worth crap.

Thanks for the constructive response. I have found a second hand JB+ for a good price (£80) hence why I am asking. MG flasher is around 349 EUR (~£300) I believe.
I do plan to get Bootmod3 at some point this year, cant afford it at the moment unfortunately. The 320i just feels sluggish atm so either i get JB+ and upgrade to BM3 later, or I just wait and go straight to the BM3 when i can afford it.....Decisionsss
Appreciate 0