F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > How can I get Apple car play?
GetBMWParts

12-10-2019, 04:32 PM   #23
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlev View Post
I can't imagine it would impact warranty at all. You can still operate the normal iDrive system as if you never had the CarPlay unit installed at all.
Not sure of anyone who has this CarPlay/Android Auto MMI Prime and "doesn't like it". Maybe you saw older reviews on the previous iterations (the earlier wired or non full screen versions, or ones that required a second mic?). Or maybe you are referring to people that don't like Apple's CarPlay in general? The latest version has only been out for a few months.

My experience was posted in that thread I linked. It's not hard, just takes some patience. Install videos are also in that thread. Duration also depends on options in the car - larger head unit with Nav, HK & Sirius will be installed differently than one without those options which uses a smaller head unit. Reason being is the head unit is larger (with more options) and gives less space to store the box behind it.

At only $240 it's been a total game changer to have wireless, full screen, 8.8" CarPlay support which uses OEM mic that activates without me needing to press or touch anything once I start my car.
I mean the feature, members over here don't seem to like CarPlay, or just don't prefer it, evident from a few comments on this thread too. I personally love it on my girlfriend's car, you can get google, waze and spotify on the screen and it is easy to use, along with siri for texts. Also easier than ConnectedDrive to send location to the car, and now that my connected drive is expired I need to buy it to do that too
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 09:55 PM   #24
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
I equate Apple car play to super cheap cars, mainly because all my rentals come with it, so it would just feel weird to have it installed in my 435.

Just personal preference, I suppose. May be my bias, but I think it looks cheap - simplistic- for BMW
What a Bizzaro world you live in.
Appreciate 1
Poochie9104.50
      12-10-2019, 10:57 PM   #25
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen13 F36 View Post
My friend have apple car play.... and he is a apple sheep.... you know iphone, iMac desktop and air book.... and I never seen him use CarPlay....lol
I equate Apple car play to super cheap cars
You mean like in this $300,000 hoopty..

Looks sooo tacky..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 11:28 PM   #26
SimpleJack
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen13 F36 View Post
My friend have apple car play.... and he is a apple sheep.... you know iphone, iMac desktop and air book.... and I never seen him use CarPlay....lol
I equate Apple car play to super cheap cars
You mean like in this $300,000 hoopty..

Looks sooo tacky..
Yea looks like trash tbh
Appreciate 0