F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > HR Sport Springs - Front Left Camber Way off
proTUNING Freaks

12-06-2019, 05:00 PM   #1
InceptionBW
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92

HR Sport Springs - Front Left Camber Way off

Just went in to do an alignment and the front left camber was -3.9!
The tech mentioned to me that the spring may not be seated correctly against the rubber mount. I'll take the spring out tomorrow to take a look, but I'm thinking something else is damaged/bent. The ride has been smooth, no noises , everything seemed normal until I saw the camber.. What do you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 06:46 AM   #2
xpro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by InceptionBW View Post
Just went in to do an alignment and the front left camber was -3.9!
The tech mentioned to me that the spring may not be seated correctly against the rubber mount. I'll take the spring out tomorrow to take a look, but I'm thinking something else is damaged/bent. The ride has been smooth, no noises , everything seemed normal until I saw the camber.. What do you guys think?
Make sure the strut has been seated correctly firstly, and secondly have you reset the front tension arms when under load with lower setup?

Not that it should make to much camber difference but it should be done, especially with HR lowering

Basically, car needs to be in fully loaded position with bottom arms fully loose ( On the subframe side) to release the pressure on the bushings, and them tighten them again in the loaded position. Recheck the alignment.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 06:58 AM   #3
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

-3.9 ? That's a bit shift from OEM. What's the camber on the opposite side ?

Even using camber plates, or other means, that's a fairly extreme neg camber. Unlikely to be as simple as a mis-seated spring.

How much lower is the ride height with the H&R springs ?
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 11:47 AM   #4
InceptionBW
Enlisted Member
Rep

When I installed it, I didn't take the strut out so I think it should be seated correctly. I'm going to take it apart today and have a closer look.

Yea, it's extreme, that's why I thought it's probably more than just a reseat. The opposite side is exactly 0. The springs lowered it about an inch..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 03:07 PM   #5
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

My car has -1.75 and the wheels are noticeably tucked inside the front arches. At -3.9, assuming your car is running OEM lower arms, your left wheel must be really tucked.

How long have you been running the H&R springs ? Has the camber changed since they were first installed ?
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 10:25 PM   #6
InceptionBW
Enlisted Member
Rep

Yea it looked off, but I think I managed to fix it *fingers crossed*. The spring and the strut weren't aligned straight. When we installed it (at night) we didn't take the whole strut housing out, just unmounted the strut bolt, took the spring out and jacked it.

I've only been running it for 2 weeks, hopefully its all set. Will take it back for alignment on Monday and report back.
Appreciate 0