F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > M sport bumper bad fitment
GetBMWParts

08-10-2022, 01:59 PM   #1
Lings_
Rep
Drives: 435d

M sport bumper bad fitment

Hello, i have a question. I have a F32 435d with regular sport front Bumper, and i wanna change to the M sport bumper. The problem is that, it doesnt fit properly at the bottom to meet the screws underneath. I found out that it would be the 3 duct vent tubes at the front, the metal bracket under the driverside duct and the foam bar that could cause the bad fitment. And i say 3 duct vents, because there is 2 and the passenger side, one for wheel and one for a cooler. I also saw that the brace bar the same height as the wheel ducts might be it too. But i dont wanna remove parts that sits there with a purpose or might lower the safety of the car. If there is anyone here who can supply on this topic, as there is no video online with all these causes of bad fitment. Ive seen many people removing bars and foam to get it to fit, witch i think lowers the safety. I would appreciate it if you could supply to this question with Any parts i should get insted, to get the right fit. Thank you😇
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 03:16 PM   #2
Aziego
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 330, 2023 X5, 2023 i4

All the parts you mentioned are different for the Msport bumper, did you replaced those to the ones compatible with the Msport bumper?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2022, 12:54 PM   #3
Lings_
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aziego View Post
All the parts you mentioned are different for the Msport bumper, did you replaced those to the ones compatible with the Msport bumper?
No i havent, took the old bumper off and put the M sport bumper on.. of course mounting Sensors, foglights etc
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2022, 04:47 PM   #4
Aziego
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Go to realoem.com and you can find the part numbers. There are about 4 parts that are different if I remember correctly. I just did the same conversion due to an accident that took out my sport line bumper.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 01:43 PM   #5
Lings_
Rep

Quote:
Go to realoem.com and you can find the part numbers. There are about 4 parts that are different if I remember correctly. I just did the same conversion due to an accident that took out my sport line bumper.
Ive tried my best finding the 4 parts, with no luck. I believe im looking for the 2 brackets and the Bar attaches to thoese two, and the shockfoam. But i only see Diagrams for the sport line only, and there is no way i can find the productnumbers in them too. Is there any way you could link those 4 parts? 2 brackets, the 1 bar attached to it, and the foambar. Witch i see as the only 4 things needed the 435dx is a 2014 model. I know 2016 might have different parts, but sure could fit all together if i knew what oarts to use. I dint think spportline factory brackets and so on before 2016 fits. I i would love to know 2016+ oarts

Last edited by Lings_; 08-19-2022 at 02:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2022, 06:21 AM   #6
Aziego
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Without knowing your VIN, I am not 100% sure. But here is an example

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=51_9253

Look for the parts that's has the supplement of S715A=Yes, that means it is meant for the Msport package.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2022, 05:39 PM   #7
BashShah
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sedan

where did you get the m-sport bumper?
AfterMarket or Used OEM?

if aftermarket,it should come with everything you need to do the conversion.
not just the lights and sensor wiring.
check this link, second picture in the ebay post
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-3Series...72.m2749.l2649

also this video:

Last edited by BashShah; 08-20-2022 at 05:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 05:23 AM   #8
Aziego
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I bought the eBay bumper that you listed. While it includes most items it was not complete. There are structural pieces that you need to replace like the foam, deformation element, and lower bumper mount.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2022, 11:53 PM   #9
Lings_
Rep

Quote:
I bought the eBay bumper that you listed. While it includes most items it was not complete. There are structural pieces that you need to replace like the foam, deformation element, and lower bumper mount.
Its aftermarket, usually the set that comes with the rectangle intake, the 2 air ducts, side skirts, front and aft bumper. Ive seen videos where it looks like the crash bar, the 2 brackets holding the crash bar and foam peace looks to be 2-3cm retracted from the parts i have. Witch perfectly makes sense, because at the bottom og the bumper i need 2-3 cm to align the bumper screwholes to mount it properly with the undercarrier cardboard panels. So the bumper it self, from mid-low region actually lies up agaisnt parts that stick to far way out i reckon
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2022, 01:02 PM   #10
Lings_
Rep

Hello guys, thanks for great feedback on my topic. I eventually found out what caused this issue, and i will adress them below.

Lower crashbar (witch is not on M-sport models from factory)
- i took it off, i have a cruise radar witch was pinned to the bracket itself and is a whole peice once you screw the radar off the main crashbar and the alumminum bracets holding the lower crashbar. I drilled the pins out to disassemble the lower crashbar from the radar and mounted the radar back on the main crashbar with bolts. At this point its is strongly secured underneath the main crashbar.

Air ducts for wheels and passenger side cooler
- i de mounted the ducts and replaced them with the parts that comes with the bumper set. These would not fit correctly if the lower crashbar was mounted. The ducts comes with a single hole that you put your temp sensor in. In this case my temp sensor was sitting on the bottom plate of the car, driverside.
The passengerside cooler duct was completely removed as i now have a bumper with open intakes. Driverside side intake does not have a cooler, therefore i reccomend using the plastic cover to close the intake to not fill unessecary air behind the bumper and the fenderliners (could make weird noises) that cover is in the bumper set also.

The old intercooler airbox mid bumper intake was also replaced
Appreciate 0