F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Super Cheat Sheet - PDF Attached! [Updated July 1st, 2015]
Studio RSR

03-08-2022, 09:15 PM   #727
halmo20
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328ix

Awesome. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2022, 11:34 PM   #728
iCRC2114
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 328d xDrive touring

Garage List
Great tool. Put me on to coding options I wasn't aware of before reading thoroughly.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2022, 05:30 AM   #729
claderknz
Registered
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i M Station wagon

This is great - thank you!!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2022, 07:07 AM   #730
ChcLeo
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 420i

Thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2022, 02:56 AM   #731
JCLA
Registered
Rep
Drives: F36

Dashboard daytime lights

Hello, let me introduce myself, I bought a couple of months ago a black 420d from 2016, beautiful but of course I'm going to say it myself, I'm really delighted, and well I decided to code some little thing, digital speed, auto star/stop memorized to the last position, temperature of the wheels, and everything works fine, and I saw another option that was to view the temperature on the computer and when doing so, the white lights on the panel and climate went off and the time was misconfigured.
The temperature bar appears, but the indicator does not move, and the white lights of the box have not turned on again, the orange night lighting works fine, it is only the daytime.
I have removed the temperature again,
I have done code to all the modules that it has touched but it is still the same.
Can they be turned on by coding or what? Let's see if you can tell me something, thanks a greeting to all.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2022, 12:15 PM   #732
Alinspark
Rep
Drives: BMW 118D

The engine temp doesn't work on all models. I have a friend with a 328i and it doesn't work. I find it irrevelevant anyway because you have an oil temp gauge already.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2022, 05:56 PM   #733
Bean801
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 320d Msport

Hi all,
I have tried to code the LCD panel on my 6WA to stay white at night.
I believe I’ve coded it right.
I’ve changed the KOMBI>3007>DIM_NACHT_EIN value from 0x08 as it was to 0xFF but it is still orange at night.
Have I done something wrong or missed a code somewhere?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2022, 09:19 PM   #734
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

You'll get a lot more answers if you start your own thread with your question as the title than having it buried 34 pages into a thread on a totally different subject.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2022, 10:22 PM   #735
Ajburns651
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i f10

Works with f10?

Does anyone know if this cheat sheet also applies to the f10? I am trying to find a good cheat sheet for coding
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2022, 12:25 PM   #736
kosminhopavel
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Is the cheat sheet up-to-date?
Appreciate 1
      08-01-2022, 05:50 AM   #737
zs0mby
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Does this work for a 2016 F30 model as well? I see that the last update was in 2015.

Thanks ,
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 08:00 AM   #738
Mizuuti
Rep
Drives: bmw 320i 2013 F30

Thank you for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2023, 12:14 PM   #739
Srahman94
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30 BMW 330E

Thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2024, 05:41 PM   #740
Joshc99
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmwF30,E83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsifer View Post
LATEST UPDATE:
Updated to v1.7 (07/01/2015 1:30AM CST): (Download attached below, or click here)
  • Added FA Code: Sport Auto Transmission - Enable SAT for quicker and smoother shifts.
  • Added Code: ‘ICMKOD_B_SPORTINDIVIDUALISIERBAR’ - Allows Macro_fds to function. Sport Mode Configuration.
  • Added Code: ‘KOMFORT_OEFFNEN’ - Delay before activating Comfort Opening
  • Added Code: ‘C_ZSW_Aktivierunggeschwindigkeit_Funktion_low’ - Change Active Blind Spot Activation Speed.
  • Added Code: ‘NAVI_ROAD_PREVIEW’ - Enables ‘Route Info’ (Turn-By-Turn Directions)
  • Added Code: ‘EINAUSSTIEGSHILFE’ - Activates Easy Entry when entering the vehicle.
  • Added Code: ‘MEMORY_GONG’ - Enables chime when seat position successfully stored in memory
  • Added Codes: Active Sound Design Modification (Change to M3/M5/Disabled)
  • Added Codes/Section: Active Spoiler (F34 3-Series GT only)
  • Added Test Codes: ‘REGEN_SCHLIESSEN’ - Close Sunroof on Rain Detection
  • Changed Code: ‘NAVI_FLIGHT’ -> ‘ROUTE_FLIGHT’ (Updated Name)
  • Changed Description: Enhanced Bluetooth (Added difference between 6NK & 6NS)
  • Changed Description: ‘Macro_fds’ (Now working with all Head Units)
  • Changed Description: ‘TFL_Modus’ (Gave difference between Tfl_s and Drl_s)
  • Fixed Code: ‘SL021_IBA_3’ -> ‘SL21_IBA_3
  • Fixed Code: ‘MAPPING_TAGAHRL_H2_L_OUTPUT’ -> ‘MAPPING_TAGFAHRL_H2_L_OUTPUT
  • Fixed Code: ‘MAPPING_TAGAHRL_H2_R_OUTPUT’ -> ‘MAPPING_TAGFAHRL_H2_R_OUTPUT
  • Fixed Description: SeatBeltReminder_SBR_Beifahrer & SeatBeltReminder_SBR_Fahrer (Was Reversed)
  • Moved Code: ‘TFL_MODUS’ to Day-Running Lights & Activate Rear Fog Lamps
  • Moved Code: ‘Daydriving_light’ to Day-Running Lights & Activate Rear Fog Lamps
  • Removed Code: ‘ASD_SOUND_OFF’ - Varied Results. Replaced with Active Sound Design Section.
  • Removed Code: ‘KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_PA’ - Unnecessary. Active in all CA cars by default.
  • Removed Code: ‘RLS_FLC_SCHWELLWERT_SATZ’ - Not found in F30, only F10.
  • Removed Code: ‘MAPPING_UNIVERSAL_6_OUTPUT’ - Unused.
  • Removed Code: ‘MAPPING_UNIVERSAL_7_OUTPUT’ - Unused.
  • Removed Code: ‘Sportschalter’ - Replaced with Sport Auto Transmission FA/VO Coding
  • Removed Code: ‘Sportschalter_alt’ - Replaced with Sport Auto Transmission FA/VO Coding
  • Verified Code: ‘KOMFORT_OEFF_HINTEN’ -> Moved to 'General Locking/Window Features & Convenience Features'
  • Verified Code: ‘KOMFORT_OEFF_SHD’ -> Moved to 'General Locking/Window Features & Convenience Features'
  • Verified Code: ‘KOMFORT_SCHL_VORNE’ -> Moved to 'General Locking/Window Features & Convenience Features'
  • Verified Code: ‘KOMFORT_SCHL_SHD’ -> Moved to 'General Locking/Window Features & Convenience Features'
*Any codes added or changed will have the function and description bolded in the cheat sheet.
**If you decide to test codes in the 'TO BE TESTED' section, please let me know your results!

Previous Versions:
v1.6 (12/23/2014 11:45AM PST):
  • Added Code: 'CLM_TIMEOUT_HK_SMO' - Change the Comfort Access trunk opening delay time.
  • Added Code: 'CLM_SMO_INDICATOR' - Turn off taillight flashing when opening trunk via Comfort Access.
  • Added Codes: Enable LIM Function. (It will change Cruise Control's 'SET' button on the steering wheel to act as the 'LIM' button)
  • Added Codes: Show Active Cruise Control iBrake Distance in HUD.
  • Verified Code: ENT_MC_VIDEO_SUPPORT -> Moved to 'Video In Motion & Playback Features' (Does not save videos to internal HD)
v1.5 (10/18/2014 5:00PM PST):
  • Added Section: 'Seat Heating Temperature Levels'
  • Added Code: (REM) 'FH_TUERAUF_STOP_MAUT' - Allows the rear windows to be rolled up while the door is opened.
  • Added Code: 'NSW_EIN_AUF_LDS_STL' - Allows Fog Lights to turn on while only parking lights are on.
  • Changed Code: 'OFF_MEMORY' -> 'MEMORY_OFF'
  • Changed Code: 'LCMKOD_B_SPORTLENKUNG' -> 'ICMKOD_B_SPORTLENKUNG'
  • Fixed: 'C_CLC_ENA' - Value and Default Value.
  • Fixed: 'JUNCTION_VIEW_HUD' - Now working. (Sometimes images/writing are messed up though.)
  • Fixed: Description in 'FRA_H_R_IS_LED/FRA_H_L_IS_LED' - May cause check engine light.
  • Fixed: Description in 'Variable Light Distribution' - No need to code FLA/KAFAS2.
  • Fixed: Description in 'General Locking/Window Features & Convenience Features' section. (Explained how some cars with MEMORY_OFF enabled may always have the A/C defaulted to Off at each startup.)
v1.4 (9/03/2014 1:45PM PST):
  • Added Section: 'INEFFECTIVE OR UNAVAILABLE CODES'
  • Added Code: 'VOL_MAX_ON' - Retain volume setting up to 100% at vehicle startup
  • Added Code: 'MEMORY_UMLUFT' - Remember Air Re-Circulation Setting from previous shutdown.
  • Changed Description: BMW Logo - '(Not working on updated cars.)'
  • Fixed: Launch Control code - Added both Function Names to Code
  • Fixed: Description in 'General Locking/Window Features & Convenience Features' section. (Explained how ASP_MAX_GESCHWINDIGKEIT_BEIKLAPPEN and ASP_GESCHWINDIGKEIT_AUTO_AUSKLAPPEN are dependent on each other.
  • Moved to Testing Codes: NAVI_AUTOZOOM - Users appear to find this unable to be selected.
  • Moved to Testing Codes: HINTERGRUND_FARBE_NACHT & HINTERGRUND_FARBE_TAG - Users unable to find these codes.
  • Moved to Unavailable Codes: FLA_AUTO_AKTIV
  • Moved to Unavailable Codes: HUD_TLC_ENABLE
  • Moved to Ineffective Codes: HVAC_POPUP codes
  • Moved to Ineffective Codes: ASD_CONFIGURATION
  • Moved to Ineffective Codes: BC_MOTORTEMP_ENABLE
  • Verified Code: ROAD_EDGE_WARNING_ENABLED -> Moved to 'Safety Features & Precautions'
v1.3 (8/17/2014 2:45PM PST):
  • Added Code: Another line of code for Auto Headlamp Sensitivity
  • Added Code: Disable Active Sound Design
  • Added Code: Changes Navigation Voice from English to British English
  • Added Code: Remove Speed Require to Watch videos on HU_NBT
  • Added Code: Removes speed requirement to read service messages on HU_NBT
  • Added Code: Removes speed requirement to read office messages on HU_NBT
  • Added Test Codes: Active Sound Design Configuration Menu
  • Added Test Codes: Active Sound Design Configuration Menu
  • Added Test Codes: Enable Speech Input for E-Mail reply or SMS reply
  • Added Test Codes: Enable Time-Stamp Display for Call Logs
v1.2 (8/17/2014 1:20PM PST):
  • Added Section: 'Heads-Up Display'
  • Added Section: 'TO BE TESTED'
  • Added Code: Threshold Speed for Activating Emergency Brake Light
  • Added Code: Reverse Gear Gong Chime Code
  • Added Code: Maximum speed the mirrors are allowed to fold
  • Added Code: Time before it auto-locks the car when no doors have been opened
  • Added Code: Number of turn signal flashes when unlocking/locking.
  • Added Code: Ringtone Type (All BMW ringtones)
  • Added 4 more codes for Headlamp washers
  • Separated Active High Beam Assistant and Variable Light Distribution in FA Codes
  • Added Test Codes: Delays between opening/closing Front, Rear, and Sunroof Windows during Comfort Opening/Closing
  • Added Test Codes: Auto High Beam Automatically On as Default (Pretty sure it won't work on F30.)
  • Added Test Codes: Toggle PDC between vertical and horizontal
  • Added Test Codes: Codes to show Climate Control on iDrive Display
  • Added Test Codes: Make Lane Departure recognize grass/curbs and light up lanes only when detected.
  • Added Test Codes: Change Steering Wheel Vibration Intensity
  • Added Test Codes: Show Engine Temperature
  • Added Test Codes: Show Lane Change and ACC Distance in Heads Up Display
v1.1 (8/6/2014 8:00PM PST):
  • Removed a duplicated Lighting Section.
  • Added LED Turn Signal Coding
  • Fixed Table of Contents and Links

Original Post:
So a while ago, I decided to make my own cheat sheet. I have kept it to myself for a while but then I shared it with a few people on the BMW forums and got really good feedback and suggestions to share it with everyone.

This is basically a compilation of all the codes I could find on forums, external sites, PMs, and other cheat sheet. I wanted to make it because I was sick of how tiny the writing was on spreadsheets and how lose and all over the place codes were. So I made it how I thought it would look the best! (In my opinion of course.) I revised it to make it coherent with everyone. So download it below

If people here end up liking it, I can continue updating it and posting it to the forums with a change log. I want to continue to add codes or missing information, so feel free to notify me if I'm missing anything.

Anyways, check it out and lemme know what you guys think!

Here's a screenshot of the Table of Contents for reference... They are clickable links in the PDF.

Can you please update this? These are basic and outdated good sir.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2024, 05:48 PM   #741
jaddie
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue M4 Comp

Mate, we made that cheat sheet 10 years ago lmao, also on another note, what do you mean by basic?

These cover pretty much most things people want to do. Also as for update, the coding values in there are pretty much all spot on still.

If you want stuff for newer cars and can't figure it out from google information or yourself.

It likely would be a good idea to either get a license for a program that does it for you like bimmer utility on the PC, or protool, bimmercode etc on the phone.

Or just pay someone else to do it for you, as otherwise you'll end up coming unstuck with it.

Current: F82 M4 Comp '19
Previous: F36 440i M Sport '18
Previous: F32 430d xDrive M Sport '15
Previous: F30 320d M Sport '14 & E81 118d M Sport '09
Appreciate 1
F20_M135i100.50
      01-25-2024, 04:42 AM   #742
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 M140i Xdrive

"Integrated chassis management" / 3000 DATA / C_Wunschgeschw_min_kmh / Custom value = 0A (10km/h) = Adjusting the cruise control

"FEM_BODY 3110" line "ASP_MAX_GESCHWINDIGKEIT_BEIKLAPPEN" and "ASP_GESCHWINDIGKEIT_AUTO_AUSKLAPPEN" by default being 14 this seems to correspond to 20km/h = The mirrors which fold/unfold at 20 km/h -- /!\ the engines of our F retros are deemed fragile /! \
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 02:25 PM   #743
Erinra
Rep
Drives: F31, E46

Nice work! Thank you
Appreciate 0