F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Need some Bimmercode tips
Extreme Powerhouse

08-10-2022, 07:26 PM   #1
Angvik97
Norway
Rep
Drives: Bmw F31 2014

Bimmercode - How to enable US blink on mirrors to stay on all the time?

Hi!

I'm all new to this forum, but I got a 2014 F31 316i. (Preface)

I have Bimmercode, and have tried it out for quite some time now, but there is one coding option I don't really understand.

I have seen plenty of people that has these
https://bit.ly/3QC7CGA
(Same as I have) But they have managed to code that these stay on while in "Park" or "Driving" mode on the headlight switch.

I'll add a picture of my switch to make it more easy to understand.

The quick question is:

How do I code in "expert mode" in Bimmercode to make these light all the time (And actually dynamic blink when blinker is on) when in marked modes (picture)?

I just can't make it work
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2022, 03:16 AM   #2
TheNine90
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angvik97 View Post
(Same as I have) But they have managed to code that these stay on while in "Park" or "Driving" mode on the headlight switch.
Which indicator are you talking about? Rear tail light, Side mirror, Side marker.

Quote:
How do I code in "expert mode" in Bimmercode to make these light all the time (And actually dynamic blink when blinker is on) when in marked modes (picture)?
Are you try to make it to be constantly ON and activate dynamic blink when blinker is ON? If so then i dont think thats possible since the dynamic blinker is a hardware mod so it will activate dynamic mode regardless of coding
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2022, 08:21 AM   #3
NxTH
AH3 Owner
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i ActiveHybrid 3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNine90 View Post

Are you try to make it to be constantly ON and activate dynamic blink when blinker is ON? If so then i dont think thats possible since the dynamic blinker is a hardware mod so it will activate dynamic mode regardless of coding
This is the confusion I'm having here. If it's dynamic, then you'd need to somehow differentiate the different states of LED's lit, and extract the one where all the LED's are on, and not only that, but then to be able to hold the lights there, unless the blinker is on. Sounds like a nightmare or just downright impossible. Dynamic is what it is, it's dynamic. I don't think you can freeze it. Certainly not to this degree. It's either getting power or not, and when it is getting power it's dynamic. There is another potential issue if tampering was even possible: You could mismatch the blinking ratio with your headlights.

To my knowledge, this is only possible on normal signals.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2022, 09:21 AM   #4
TheNine90
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

there is a cable that plugs between the lights and power source, this handles everything. So it will always be dynamic when the lights receive power. some cables have an option to change the frequency of lighting
Appreciate 1
      08-13-2022, 01:57 PM   #5
Angvik97
Norway
Rep
Drives: Bmw F31 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNine90 View Post
Quote:
Which indicator are you talking about? Rear tail light, Side mirror, Side marker.

Quote:
It's the side mirror blinkers 😅

I have no idea how people do it, but I have seen it done 🙈 So I was only thinking of how tf do they do it 😳
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2022, 06:55 PM   #6
NxTH
AH3 Owner
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i ActiveHybrid 3

Garage List
Quote:
It's the side mirror blinkers 😅

I have no idea how people do it, but I have seen it done 🙈 So I was only thinking of how tf do they do it 😳
Their side mirror signals are OFF/ON models, not dynamic. That's how.
Appreciate 0