F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Bosch injectors help
Extreme Powerhouse

04-03-2024, 06:47 PM   #1
Bxrger
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw

I’m about to replace my injectors with the Bosch ones and am wondering if I need to compress the teflon rings to make it flush with the injectors or if it does that itself when installed. There’s a little gap in between the tip of it and the teflon ring as circled in the photo
Attached Images

04-04-2024, 07:14 AM   #2
g340ix
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bxrger View Post
I’m about to replace my injectors with the Bosch ones and am wondering if I need to compress the teflon rings to make it flush with the injectors or if it does that itself when installed. There’s a little gap in between the tip of it and the teflon ring as circled in the photo
those are new injectors correct? When I installed my new injectors I left the plastic caps on until installing, although the don't cover the full seal, but I didn't use the seal compressor and have had no issues whatsoever. I did use the injector install tool though.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2024, 08:37 AM   #3
Bxrger
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by g340ix View Post
those are new injectors correct? When I installed my new injectors I left the plastic caps on until installing, although the don't cover the full seal, but I didn't use the seal compressor and have had no issues whatsoever. I did use the injector install tool though.
Yes sir these are brand new Bosch injectors, did yours have the tiny gapping between the teflon and tip as well?
      04-04-2024, 09:05 AM   #4
g340ix
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes sir these are brand new Bosch injectors, did yours have the tiny gapping between the teflon and tip as well?
yes, looked exactly like yours
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2024, 12:23 PM   #5
WrxToBeamerGuy
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i xDrive

Quote:
+1 to g340ix I saw you tried to inbox me earlier and my inbox was full. But yes you are good to install them as is. You only need to press the seals on if you've installed new seals yourself.
      04-06-2024, 11:05 AM   #6
Bxrger
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrxToBeamerGuy View Post
+1 to g340ix I saw you tried to inbox me earlier and my inbox was full. But yes you are good to install them as is. You only need to press the seals on if you've installed new seals yourself.
Are your Bosch injectors pretty loud? I don’t know if I’m just listening for everything but these are pretty damn loud even in the car
      04-17-2024, 10:48 AM   #7
g340ix
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Are your Bosch injectors pretty loud? I don’t know if I’m just listening for everything but these are pretty damn loud even in the car
they don't seem loud to me, I have a dorch stage 2 as well and have all the sound deadening out, but I don't really notice it
Appreciate 0