F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Looking at buying a 328xi
Extreme Powerhouse

04-11-2021, 06:21 AM   #45
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnf30x View Post
I've heard that about the used market being insane right now...and it makes sense what with all the stimulus checks going out, makes that down payment a lot easier for some.

But, I bought my 330i xDrive back in January for an absolutely killer deal. Only reason I can think of is that it is AWD, which is generally useless here in the south. Originally in Connecticut, my car ended up for sale in Atlanta, GA somehow. Ended up being great for me, though, kayaking and other outdoor stuff I enjoy doing occasionally make me very glad I have the added traction.

With that in mind to the OP, have you considered shopping virtually at other nationwide dealers? I imagine AWD comes at a premium up north, you could probably find a much better deal finding one in stock at a place that doesn't really need it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnf30x View Post
I've heard that about the used market being insane right now...and it makes sense what with all the stimulus checks going out, makes that down payment a lot easier for some.

The price of used cars are high because of stimulus?

Or because of supply and demand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 08:23 AM   #46
Stephenj007
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i Metallic Silver

Hey guys super dumb question but I couldn't find the answer. I noticed when i drove the light blue one from sterling that it showed my speed and stuff on the windshield i believe from a heads up display? Is this on all the f30 models or only some?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 08:49 AM   #47
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephenj007 View Post
Hey guys super dumb question but I couldn't find the answer. I noticed when i drove the light blue one from sterling that it showed my speed and stuff on the windshield i believe from a heads up display? Is this on all the f30 models or only some?
Only on some.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

04-11-2021, 08:51 AM   #48
Stephenj007
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i Metallic Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2017F30 View Post
I believe PA is a SULEV warranty state? Definitely keep an eye out for a SULEV engine.
Quote:
I'm not positive on that, i see plenty of non sulev for sale
PA is an SULEV state.

Quote:
Ah gotcha, my worry is my inspection is coming up 06/20 which is gonna be 1,200 for suspension work which I'd rather avoid and just get a newer car
I sure understand how money can be. There's not a whole lot of difference in asking price between that 2013 higher mileage silver 328i and the 2017 lower mileage silver 330i. But it might be a little too much.
Could you explain the sulev thing to me, i can't figure it out even after reading. Can I buy one from say Maryland or do I need to get one with this rating
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 08:59 AM   #49
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Could you explain the sulev thing to me, i can't figure it out even after reading. Can I buy one from say Maryland or do I need to get one with this rating
It doesn’t really matter for used cars. When new in certain states dealers have to sell Super Ultra Low Emissions Vehicles. Once they’re in the used market it doesn’t matter.

There’s an N20 motor and an N26 motor, which has a few more emission controls on it. Same with the B48 and B46 SULEV, which are in the 330i.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

04-11-2021, 03:56 PM   #50
tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
The price of used cars are high because of stimulus?

Or because of supply and demand?
The price of used cars shot up at the beginning of the pandemic. There were various factors - city folk escaping to urban and suburban areas needing cars; job insecurity causing those needing a car to get used instead of new; less driving making people consider a cheaper alternative to a new car. This was before stimulus payments.
Appreciate 0