F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Apple Carplay not showing up after a call!
GetBMWParts

12-10-2018, 05:50 PM   #1
Rockyz
Enlisted Member
Egypt
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

Exclamation Apple Carplay not showing up after a call!

Hi forum members,

I recently activated Apple car play in my brand new 340i 2018, and i am having a very frustrating problem.

I have an Iphone 7 IOS 12.1.1 connected as main telephone through carplay. I use this phone only for Spotify and Google Maps. I also have Samsung Galaxy S8+ Android version 8.0.0 (Latest patch applied) connected as additional telephone only for calling as this is my main business line.

The problem occurs 90% of the times when i receive or make a call through the Android phone and just after hanging the call the music on carplay resumes playing and the carplay interface itself doesn't show up again even when i click on the carplay icon or through the multimedia menu. It is just running in the background. I can skip to next song and can hear navigation instructions though!

In order to recover this, i just need to disconnect and reconnect Apple phone again.
My Apple phone is connected to idrive through wifi, and my idrive versions are:

Telephone: TB-006.016.002
Media: MB-006.016.002

Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 12:41 PM   #2
Rockyz
Enlisted Member
Egypt
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

Any ideas?