F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Different KW EDC Delete Kits?
proTUNING Freaks

01-12-2024, 07:24 PM   #1
Ibeast55
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Xdrive

Different KW EDC Delete Kits?

For quick context, I drive a 2016 F30 340i xdrive (B58 boys ) sitting at about 95K miles and I had the KW Street Comfort V2 coilovers installed maybe 2 or 3 months ago.

Since install the shop and I have been trying to adress a Chassis code that kicks me out of Sport+. We thought the EDC delete modules that came with the KW coilovers was faulty but after looking a bit deeper into the issue it looks like I may have recieved the wrong modules when I bought the coilovers. The shop is telling me the modules sent with the coilovers won't plug into the car for the two front wheels and that I need a different kit.

My question is has anyone else experienced anything similar? Does anyone know the difference in the kits? I made sure to verify the coilover set was the correct one for my car both online and over the phone before ordering.

KW kit that came with coilovers: https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-3...yABEgIJWvD_BwE

KW kit the shop said I need: https://www.bimmerworld.com/KW-EDC-C...22-X3-F25.html
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2024, 06:53 AM   #2
pauli18c
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i RWD M Sport

The first kit is the correct kit.

::If you actually read:: the directions that came with the kit, the connectors either need to be changed out with the ones supplied by KW in the kit.

OR

You can clip a little piece off the OEM connector with a pair of small side cutters allowing the KW connector to plug into the OEM plug.

I chose option #2 as it's very minor and would never know
      01-21-2024, 11:42 PM   #3
Ibeast55
Registered
United_States
Rep

Thanks, this is the first suspension mod I’ve done which is why I took it to a shop, I’m interested to hear what they say.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2024, 09:34 PM   #4
Sapphire55
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW F30 335i PWG N55

Personally, I would save the hundreds of dollars and hit up someone that does remote BMW coding like Kubax86 to remotely code out the EDC and you will be solid. Just if you go to dealership they do not try to update idrive software or do any firmware related stuff, it will wipe it.
https://bimmer-remote.com/products/e...66a3acff&_ss=r
Technically, you can just drive around with the EDC error code, I had a friend with F80 on V3's do that for a year, it's just a visual then I feel like.

Last edited by Sapphire55; 01-23-2024 at 05:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 10:16 AM   #5
Ibeast55
Registered
United_States
Rep

If all else fails I will just get it coded out. I’ve heard of people having issues with the coding in the past so I was wary of it.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2024, 02:42 PM   #6
sapphire black
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire55 View Post
Personally, I would save the hundreds of dollars and hit up someone that does remote BMW coding like Kubax86 to remotely code out the EDC and you will be solid. Just if you go to dealership they do not try to update idrive software or do any firmware related stuff, it will wipe it.
Technically, you can just drive around with the EDC error code, I had a friend with F80 on V3's do that for a year, it's just a visual then I feel like.
For anyone thinking of doing this - yes kubax does offer the service for 100 dollars, but the problem is if you want to reverse it you are reliant on them to code it back - who knows if they’ll be around and how much they will charge.

Still its more affordable than the 400 dollar edc delete kit (unless u buy it from the forum - i just got a kit for 235$ shipping included)

Also pauli’s comment is underrated 😂 my kit comes with the same alternate clips he mentioned
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2024, 02:45 PM   #7
sapphire black
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire55 View Post
This is a good alternative but has a few problems:

1. U are reliant on the coder and their prices if you ever want to reverse it
2. U can resell the kit to recover some/most of your money, but can’t resell the code

That said the kit is quite pricey if u buy it at retail
Appreciate 0