F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > F82 springs on F32
ARMA SPEED

01-26-2024, 10:33 PM   #1
Bim20k
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i

F82 springs on F32

I recently bought the eibach 05-22 kit but wasn't happy with drop. My only other options are H&R or coilovers but I hear alot of people dislike the ride comfort and coilovers are a little out of my price range right now. I know it's xdrive but I'm just trying to find the best springs that'll lower it the most.

I'm wondering if aftermarket specifically, emd springs, from an f82 fit on f32 xdrive? I've seen a couple of posts of people fitting oem f82 springs on a f32 but I don't know if aftermarket springs will also fit.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2024, 12:30 AM   #2
LuxoM3
(formerly exe36M3)
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 435i

Personally, for my 435i - I went the Eibach Pro Kit, then added rear springs from the Sport kit which brings the total drop to .8" which on a 235/40-19 and 265/35-19 puts the tire about 1 finder width/.5" from the fender edge. To me, it was almost perfect look and wheel travel-wise (got rubbing but because offset and tire a little wide up front).

I pulled those springs a few months later because I paired them with the stock EDC shocks and the car just dipped and dived when I drove more aggressively.

I redid it all with the XA Coil-overs from ST. So not only do I have a similar drop, but the XA set-up offers a bit more sportier ride and adds adjustable rebound dampening, so I can fine tune the ride/response. The ST-XAs were just under $1300 on sale (shipped/no sales tax) from XTreme Powerhouse out of Nevada. $1310 at the time was the retail price direct from ST.
      01-28-2024, 09:54 AM   #3
sapphire black
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxoM3 View Post
Personally, for my 435i - I went the Eibach Pro Kit, then added rear springs from the Sport kit which brings the total drop to .8" which on a 235/40-19 and 265/35-19 puts the tire about 1 finder width/.5" from the fender edge. To me, it was almost perfect look and wheel travel-wise (got rubbing but because offset and tire a little wide up front).

I pulled those springs a few months later because I paired them with the stock EDC shocks and the car just dipped and dived when I drove more aggressively.

I redid it all with the XA Coil-overs from ST. So not only do I have a similar drop, but the XA set-up offers a bit more sportier ride and adds adjustable rebound dampening, so I can fine tune the ride/response. The ST-XAs were just under $1300 on sale (shipped/no sales tax) from XTreme Powerhouse out of Nevada. $1310 at the time was the retail price direct from ST.
Edit: just realized you were the guy i found out about the pro/sport kit from lmao

Eibach pro/sport hybrid (looks great, killed rear EDC dampers though) > just bought ST XA (i got them shipped by ml performance for 1150 shipping included, same part was 1370 on st website)

Question for you, did you end up reusing the strut top mounts? Really debating dropping the extra 300 since mine are only at 45K miles

Also do you have any pics? Im aiming for a similar drop in the rear (same as eibach sport drop) and maybe 0.2” lower in the front - but I’ve read the rear is very low even at max height

Last edited by sapphire black; 01-28-2024 at 10:00 AM..
Appreciate 1
LuxoM347.00
      01-30-2024, 10:27 AM   #4
LuxoM3
(formerly exe36M3)
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire black View Post
Edit: just realized you were the guy i found out about the pro/sport kit from lmao

Eibach pro/sport hybrid (looks great, killed rear EDC dampers though) > just bought ST XA (i got them shipped by ml performance for 1150 shipping included, same part was 1370 on st website)

Question for you, did you end up reusing the strut top mounts? Really debating dropping the extra 300 since mine are only at 45K miles

Also do you have any pics? Im aiming for a similar drop in the rear (same as eibach sport drop) and maybe 0.2” lower in the front - but I’ve read the rear is very low even at max height
$1150, wow that's a pretty killer price! Nice find!

OK so the top strut mounts, I got new ones, but I was also at 75k miles... When I pulled them, they looked pretty good for 75k miles still. So You can probably keep your 45k ones for at least 3-4 years (assuming you dive like 12k miles a year).

With the ST coils, I dropped my car the same .8" lower as the Eibach Pro kit front/Sport spring rear. I don't have the diving like I had before and the ride is firmer, like having sport mode on all the time. There is 5/8" space between the tire and fender edge (finger width) with my ST coils just like the Eibach.

This is the .8" Eibach drop using taller tires (235/40 and 265/30)...

ST XA coils in place, bad angle... but you get the idea...

The coils at this point have an easy 1" adjustment to go back to stock height and 1.5" to 2" more adjustment to go lower.

Last edited by LuxoM3; 01-30-2024 at 10:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2024, 01:33 PM   #5
sapphire black
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxoM3 View Post
$1150, wow that's a pretty killer price! Nice find!

OK so the top strut mounts, I got new ones, but I was also at 75k miles... When I pulled them, they looked pretty good for 75k miles still. So You can probably keep your 45k ones for at least 3-4 years (assuming you dive like 12k miles a year).

With the ST coils, I dropped my car the same .8" lower as the Eibach Pro kit front/Sport spring rear. I don't have the diving like I had before and the ride is firmer, like having sport mode on all the time. There is 5/8" space between the tire and fender edge (finger width) with my ST coils just like the Eibach.

This is the .8" Eibach drop using taller tires (235/40 and 265/30)...

ST XA coils in place, bad angle... but you get the idea...

The coils at this point have an easy 1" adjustment to go back to stock height and 1.5" to 2" more adjustment to go lower.
Thank you sir, appreciate the feedback and great build btw, fitment is looking nice as usual!

I’m also glad to find an excuse to reuse my top hats - will probably replace just the torque to yield bolts and rubber bits and sway bar end links since im edc
Appreciate 1
LuxoM347.00