F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > WAGNERTUNING Radiator Kit BMW F-Series B58 Engine
Extreme Powerhouse

01-22-2019, 04:50 PM   #67
dereksM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MG 340i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWIN-SCROLL View Post
GUYS, PROBLEM IS FINALLY SOLVED !

Long story short, my garage found that the culprit was a faulty ground in the electrical system. Took him 2 days to figure it out.

This ground problem lead to the pump noise problem, plus it happened to also trigger the front fan abnormally AND I had a loss in power past 4500RPM too.

Truth be told, I did a dyno run before Christmas and I was too ashamed to report it here... Ground problem also screwed up engine map apparently.

Now it's sorted, I need to find time to test the car more deeply before transmission flash and engine tuning, I have a new tuner in my area who has a franchise of BR-Performance, a well known tuner in Europe.

Stay tuned but I'm so relieved for now !
Without having dedicated before and after dyno's I don't suspect your going to be able to extract any meaningful conclusion besides that your car was running poorly before.

Intercoolers whether is be air-to-air or water-to-air are simple heat exchangers that have some level of thermal capacitance. Changing it doesn't magically give you power...the only thing the extra fluid and surface area of the heat exchanger will do is prolong heatsoak before reaching it's peak thermal capacitance.

Until this has been proven I'm with others in thinking the OEM B58 cooling setup is already VERY good and one of the best OEM solutions...I'm not sure how much there is to be gained here unless you race on a circuit in a southern climate with substantially more power than OEM - even then that's a stretch. Seems to be an expensive part with difficult installation that hasn't shown any proven gains (so far at least). I think if Wagner wanted to prove the efficiency of this piece then datalogs when multiple runs before and after showing Delta temperatures in regards to IAT would be a start. Illustrating internal volume and surface area does very little to prove this point.

Not knocking your purchase in any way but merely stating I wouldn't expect some magical power increase because of this.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 05:48 PM   #68
TWIN-SCROLL
Private
Rep
Drives: 440i xDrive Gran Coupé MPPSK

Well, at least it was pointed out that my problem was not related to the change of radiator, at least next dyno has to confirm it.

I wasn't expecting any increase of power anyway, I agree with you it's probably a useless mod for most owners, I hope at least it would help with keeping IAT lower longer during track day.

I feel Wagner just went with this product because people asked for something for the B58 engine and the only thing they could do was this (and the sport downpipe)
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 06:05 PM   #69
G.Newt
Major
Rep
Drives: CT4-V Blackwing 6MT

Quote:
Well, at least it was pointed out that my problem was not related to the change of radiator, at least next dyno has to confirm it.

I wasn't expecting any increase of power anyway, I agree with you it's probably a useless mod for most owners, I hope at least it would help with keeping IAT lower longer during track day.

I feel Wagner just went with this product because people asked for something for the B58 engine and the only thing they could do was this (and the sport downpipe)
It's still helpful to know that someone actually went and purchased/installed it without much hassle. This would probably help in Texas if you're doing some
extended spirited backroad driving with a stage 2+ tune during the summer lol.
DAW v2.5 turbo E40 | Dorch S2 | VRSF DP | MST intake | AWE catback | 335is clutch | CSF heat exchanger | RK Autowerks intake manifold | Orange M Perf Brake Kit | KW Street Comfort coilovers | GTS taillights V2
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 02:11 PM   #70
CruzM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 "Velocity Edition"

@TWIN-SCROLL have you noticed any increased turbo lag?
2016 328i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 02:47 PM   #71
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Quote:
Little update, the radiator seems to be available in 10 days, Wagner Tuning is supposed to email me when it's available. Cheers.
Mike, is there a radiator upgrade for the 540i B58 yet? I didn't see it listed in your initial announcement.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 12:38 AM   #72
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Mike, is there a radiator upgrade for the 540i B58 yet? I didn't see it listed in your initial announcement.
Its not confirmed to fit on the 540i

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0