F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Brexit... (Moderator: non-political only, effective Sept 2020)
Extreme Powerhouse

12-10-2020, 01:07 PM   #2113
pmgreenwood
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320D se auto sold, Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Well good old Brexit now remains the only blocker to the P Car plan! Mrs JustChris fully onboard and even meddling with colours now .....however signed the usual 10% Tariff paperwork and salesman understands and advised me to cancel if its to be applied.

FFS UK/EU pull your finger out some big issues in hand here.
If arrives after Jan 1 and no deal in place just get the order redirected to the Belfast Porsche Centre, no tariff buy it there and then take the Larne - Stranraer Ferry back to UK mainland
Appreciate 1
DougMcL787.00
      12-10-2020, 01:12 PM   #2114
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Well good old Brexit now remains the only blocker to the P Car plan! Mrs JustChris fully onboard and even meddling with colours now .....however signed the usual 10% Tariff paperwork and salesman understands and advised me to cancel if its to be applied.

Pah, 10%, sure you can man maths that into your affordability. You’ve done worse I’m sure........
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 05:03 PM   #2115
DougMcL
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 40e, Honda Jazz Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmgreenwood View Post
If arrives after Jan 1 and no deal in place just get the order redirected to the Belfast Porsche Centre, no tariff buy it there and then take the Larne - Stranraer Ferry back to UK mainland
That made me laugh. The cars coming into Porsche Belfast will be via the GB landbridge. Actually Ireland is shitting itself right now because most of its imports come via the GB landbridge and not direct from Europe....
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2020, 02:12 AM   #2116
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmgreenwood View Post
Quote:

Hmmm sounds like a plan. Used P Car stock might become more appealing but I'd have to have quite a re think.