F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Mosque Attack Video
ARMA SPEED

03-15-2019, 07:46 PM   #23
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: Chav white Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln61 View Post
It's fine to be reminded of the human condition by David Attenborough, Having it live streamed on facebook is just voyeurism! If you think watching a video of a dictators crimes makes you a better person, you need help!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 09:17 PM   #24
agentorange
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328d

Quote:
It's fine to be reminded of the human condition by David Attenborough, Having it live streamed on facebook is just voyeurism! If you think watching a video of a dictators crimes or a mass murderer in action makes you a better person, you need help!
What an interesting slant on what I wrote. Are you employed by CNN or Infowars?

I'm talking about the head in the sand lack of awareness that is rife in the "developed" societies.

I don't need to watch any videos to understand that there is evil in the world. My awareness began at an early age. My grandfather's non-fatal encounter with Frankie Fraser; the number of times the German war machine nearly killed my father when he was a kid; my dad having to have his car searched EVERY FUCKING DAY because he didn't have a garage and his workplace was a potential IRA target. These are just the examples I'm prepared to talk about. I have more awareness that most will ever want or be able to deal with.

Now, I don't wish my level on anyone, but the amount of shrug by most these days just makes me want to shake people some days.
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2019, 01:23 AM   #25
Lincoln61
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 430d Msport+

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentorange View Post
What an interesting slant on what I wrote. Are you employed by CNN or Infowars?

I'm talking about the head in the sand lack of awareness that is rife in the "developed" societies.

I don't need to watch any videos to understand that there is evil in the world. My awareness began at an early age. My grandfather's non-fatal encounter with Frankie Fraser; the number of times the German war machine nearly killed my father when he was a kid; my dad having to have his car searched EVERY FUCKING DAY because he didn't have a garage and his workplace was a potential IRA target. These are just the examples I'm prepared to talk about. I have more awareness that most will ever want or be able to deal with.

Now, I don't wish my level on anyone, but the amount of shrug by most these days just makes me want to shake people some days.
So many chips on your shoulder there....Are you from Liverpool?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 02:34 AM   #26
Grant_7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Caterham 420R. Tesla Model 3

To answer the OP, I've watched it.

Like others have said, it's like a video game. Clearly the perpetrator has zero compassion for human beings. That's probably the aspect that shocked me to most - how cold the whole thing is. Literally he could have been a robot.

But for me - someone who has always had a bit of a morbid fascination with our own mortality - I watched it from the perspective of 'what would I do in this situation'. As distasteful as it no doubt is to some, things can be learned from this type of scenario. A scenario I hope to never be in, but one in which I want to be able to react to do everything possible to save my family.

However, more important than the video, my thoughts go out to all the poor families affected. Truly a terrible act, and yet again more hate based on differing religious beliefs
F31 340i | GS with CR & Ash Grain Trim | M Sport+ Pack | Prof Media Plus Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Leather Dash | Folding Mirrors | Pano Roof | Elec Mem Seats with Lumbar | Adaptive Suspension | Comfort Access | Reverse Cam | Surround View | SLD | Rear Sunblinds | Folding Headrests | Model Designation Delete | Trim Designation Delete | MPPSK
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2019, 03:13 AM   #27
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep

Quote:
So many chips on your shoulder there....Are you from Liverpool?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 04:00 AM   #28
R0B
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
It's fine to be reminded of the human condition by David Attenborough, Having it live streamed on facebook is just voyeurism! If you think watching a video of a dictators crimes or a mass murderer in action makes you a better person, you need help!
Did someone say they were a better person for seeing it then? Must have missed that.
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2019, 04:08 AM   #29
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0B View Post
Quote:
Did someone say they were a better person for seeing it then? Must have missed that.
Not a very sharp tool R0B.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 04:20 AM   #30
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Not watched it, no interest in watching it. Amused by agentoranges claim that watching it helps formulate a defence strategy.

Would be intertested to hear what strategy that is, and how it differs to what he'd have done without watching it.
Appreciate 2
      03-16-2019, 12:01 PM   #31
agentorange
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
Not watched it, no interest in watching it. Amused by agentoranges claim that watching it helps formulate a defence strategy.

Would be intertested to hear what strategy that is, and how it differs to what he'd have done without watching it.
Grant7 gets where I'm coming from.

Due to the excellent work by the tech companies I'm unlikely to ever see the video. Kudos to them. That's OK, because others I correspond with have and I respect their experience on self-defence situations.

They have said that it seems to them that a mosque is the almost perfect killing ground for an attacker. No seating to restrict his movement or provide concealment for the worshipers. One guy summed it up like this:

"I carry daily, practice a lot and like to think I am situationally aware. I'd have been screwed in that scenario."

Now I know all I need to know.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 01:27 PM   #32
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentorange View Post
Grant7 gets where I'm coming from.

Due to the excellent work by the tech companies I'm unlikely to ever see the video. Kudos to them. That's OK, because others I correspond with have and I respect their experience on self-defence situations.

They have said that it seems to them that a mosque is the almost perfect killing ground for an attacker. No seating to restrict his movement or provide concealment for the worshipers. One guy summed it up like this:

"I carry daily, practice a lot and like to think I am situationally aware. I'd have been screwed in that scenario."

Now I know all I need to know.
Still don't get what benefit that's provided you. Are you going to keep away from open spaces from now on? Or cancel tonight's visit to the mosque?

Maybe change your house around, no more modern open plan rooms, get some walls back in for cover?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 05:50 AM   #33
Oceanic
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi S5

Watched it twice, only bit that made me wince was when he finished that Woman off in the gutter with a head shot who'd already been shot and was crying out for help.

If this clip isn't a good argument for gun control especially military caliber weapons I don't know what is.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 06:48 AM   #34
sspade
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
Yes I would watch it. In fact, can someone send me a link?

Im on WhatsApp. PM for details.

Im interested to see what actually transpired.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 08:18 AM   #35
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
In the aftermath of the shootings, 1,500,000 people attempted to upload copies of the video to Facebook. Apparently 1.2m of those were blocked but 300,000 still made it through.

Personally I don't wish to see the video. Watching innocent people being murdered will not enrich my life.

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0