F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Dinan Springs and Bump Stops + Michelin PSS on a 340i xDrive
GetBMWParts

10-22-2016, 07:58 AM   #45
Araemo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 340iX 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomoM3 View Post
including a loaner and alignment.
Don't overlook either. I need to start investigating the local after market BMW shops. I have a good shop for VW/Audi/Porsche, and they even have a loaner car, but despite the owner being a former BMW master tech, they don't have the BMW specific tools and software to do BMWs. (Though oddly enough, they are technically a Dinan authorized reseller)
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2017, 03:22 PM   #46
tdesanto
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435ix

MomoM3, I'm considering this setup for same reasons you stated, and it looks great too. When discussing with the techs, was there any mention of premature wear on the shocks after adding the shorter springs?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 02:28 PM   #47
cshawkeye
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

I am about to buy the springs and the dinan Ride Quality and Handling Kit. Just wanted to get some more feedback on if this is still worth adding?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 07:18 PM   #48
harperium
Major
Rep
Drives: G80 M3cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshawkeye View Post
I am about to buy the springs and the dinan Ride Quality and Handling Kit. Just wanted to get some more feedback on if this is still worth adding?
cshawkeye - what did you end up going with? Dinan springs and bumps? If so, how did that work out? Did you also get new dampers and if so, which ones?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 01:12 PM   #49
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Is there a way to get more drop on the front(without coil-overs), there is more wheel gap on the front thus more drop on the front will look better? Might result in rubbing in some scenarios.
I saw a 335i the other day and it looked like it was sitting lower in the front, looked amazing!

Last edited by thatBimmerBloke; 06-12-2019 at 09:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 05:16 PM   #50
J-Michael
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 340i xdrive

Dinan Springs and Ride Handling Kit, Apex Arc 8, (18x9 et 30) 255/40/18 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S installed! The car is glued to the road now. Insane amounts of traction!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
WagonHo553.50
      04-27-2022, 10:04 PM   #51
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Next steps to perfection: Add VAC monoball upper and lower control arms. Also, Dinan Shockware if you have adaptive suspension.
Appreciate 2
      04-28-2022, 10:20 PM   #52
J-Michael
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Next steps to perfection: Add VAC monoball upper and lower control arms. Also, Dinan Shockware if you have adaptive suspension.
Thanks for the tip. Just purchased the VAC control arm set. The uppers are unfortunately on back order though. I don’t think it would hurt to replace just the lowers first though, do you? What was install time on the arms as well? I do have adaptive suspension. Shockware offers big improvement in sport and sport +?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 10:53 PM   #53
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Michael View Post
Thanks for the tip. Just purchased the VAC control arm set. The uppers are unfortunately on back order though. I don’t think it would hurt to replace just the lowers first though, do you? What was install time on the arms as well? I do have adaptive suspension. Shockware offers big improvement in sport and sport +?
My indie charged $500 for both upper and lower. I don't know the breakdown.

Also, I had them both done at the same time so I don't know if getting the lowers done is enough. I can say that getting both done awesome.

Regarding Dinan Shockware, all modes are noticeably better. Comfort is now more like Sport and so on. But more importantly (in my opinion) is that the floaty, porpoising is eliminated with Dinan Shockware. It is a night and day difference.

I think you've already done it, but the only other think I would mention is to ditch the run flat tires.

I know these changes add up to a fair amount of change, but your car is so amazing it really needs these changes to be the best it can be.

Go for it and report back!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 01:16 PM   #54
J-Michael
Rep

Quote:

Also, I had them both done at the same time so I don't know if getting the lowers done is enough. I can say that getting both done awesome.

Regarding Dinan Shockware, all modes are noticeably better. Comfort is now more like Sport and so on. But more importantly (in my opinion) is that the floaty, porpoising is eliminated with Dinan Shockware. It is a night and day difference.

I think you've already done it, but the only other think I would mention is to ditch the run flat tires.

I know these changes add up to a fair amount of change, but your car is so amazing it really needs these changes to be the best it can be.

I really appreciate it. Shockware is getting done on Monday then upper and lower control arms the following Monday. Super excited. Was there an alignment required after the control arms were installed?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 04:18 PM   #55
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I really appreciate it. Shockware is getting done on Monday then upper and lower control arms the following Monday. Super excited. Was there an alignment required after the control arms were installed?
You are welcome. I can't wait to hear how you like the changes. It's nice they are not being done at the same time. This way, you can focus on the Shockware changes separate from the control arms.

For me, Shockware made Comfort mode go from horrible to perfect. The porpoising went away completely.

Are you getting VAC Monoballs? If so, you shouldn't need an alignment unless you need one anyway. The arms are OEM arms. My indie recommended that I NOT get an alignment and see how the car drives after he installed Monoball UCAs and LCAs. It's perfect without alignment.

Please report back and let us know how it went.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 05:53 PM   #56
khanmohammed
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 CS

Quote:
Quote:

Cross your fingers, I went to get shockware on mine after installing springs and bumpstops and I was sad when my installer told me the software isn't compatible after spending 30 minutes on the phone with Dinan
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2022, 11:44 PM   #57
J-Michael
Rep

Quote:
You are welcome. I can't wait to hear how you like the changes. It's nice they are not being done at the same time. This way, you can focus on the Shockware changes separate from the control arms.

For me, Shockware made Comfort mode go from horrible to perfect. The porpoising went away completely.

Are you getting VAC Monoballs? If so, you shouldn't need an alignment unless you need one anyway. The arms are OEM arms. My indie recommended that I NOT get an alignment and see how the car drives after he installed Monoball UCAs and LCAs. It's perfect without alignment.

Please report back and let us know how it went.

So I realized I don’t have adaptive suspension. That being said, I had both the upper and lower VAC monoball front control arms installed today and WOW. The difference is striking. Road feel through the steering wheel and the associated feeling of connectedness to the front end is dramatically improved. I’m not sure if the car is actually making more traction but the improved confidence it inspires sure makes the car feel that much more in tune with the road. All the car needs now is a high quality set of coilovers and it will be the complete package for me I believe. The Dinan springs are great up to a point but when the car is pushed hard the weaknesses of an OEM shock plus simply an aftermarket spring kit come to the forefront and the car is clearly just overwhelmed. Mind you I could be smoother when pushing the car hard but still, past a certain point it’s very apparent. Overall though extremely pleased with the control arms. It’s a major improvement in the overall driving experience for me.

Last edited by J-Michael; 06-07-2022 at 12:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2022, 02:12 AM   #58
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
So I realized I don’t have adaptive suspension. That being said, I had both the upper and lower VAC monoball front control arms installed today and WOW. The difference is striking. Road feel through the steering wheel and the associated feeling of connectedness to the front end is dramatically improved. I’m not sure if the car is actually making more traction but the improved confidence it inspires sure makes the car feel that much more in tune with the road. All the car needs now is a high quality set of coilovers and it will be the complete package for me I believe. The Dinan springs are great up to a point but when the car is pushed hard the weaknesses of an OEM shock plus simply an aftermarket spring kit come to the forefront and the car is clearly just overwhelmed. Mind you I could be smoother when pushing the car hard but still, past a certain point it’s very apparent. Overall though extremely pleased with the control arms. It’s a major improvement in the overall driving experience for me.
I was hoping you'd pull the trigger and get the VAC Monoballs. What an improvement in the steering and overall road feel. I'm glad you are happy with the results. In my view, its one of the best modifications you can do. And the cool part is you can feel the difference at any speed and in any situation. I smile every time I get into the car.

Thanks for sharing your experience with all of us. Hopefully, others who may be sitting on the fence will go make this change. Have fun driving your "new" ride!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2023, 10:59 AM   #59
fashiongreyb58
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 340i xdrive

lowering springs on 340i xdrive

Hello guys, its my first post here. I have a 2017 340i xdrive in fashion gey,m i got the cs wheels in 19x8.5 et40 and 19x9.5 et45 still did not install them, i want to install lowerings springs but i am debating on weather i should get the h&r sport springs or the dinan lowering springs. I honestly dont want to lower it much since i daily it and i dont want to scrape the lip. SO i was wondering if the rear wheels would get tucked with the dinan springs and make the wheels not stick out if they do i would definetly go with dinan. [IMG]file:///Users/anaskindo/Downloads/IMG-3347.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]file:///Users/anaskindo/Downloads/IMG-3739.jpg[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 11:52 AM   #60
AllaVodka
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW B58

Do the dinan springs lower the 340i even more for rwd? I have them on my 340i rwd and I swear the car looks a bit lower. Tbh its almost too low for my liking and prefer your ride height
Appreciate 0