F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Passing NY emissions
GetBMWParts

03-13-2019, 10:29 PM   #1
filthy_F30
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 335xi

Garage List
First, I'm in a 2015 335i with a VRSF catless downpipe, I already tried the VRSF downpipe fix, wired everything correctly and it didn't work, heard it only works on PWG cars and mine is EWG, not my question though and not looking to try another "fix".

Second, I am running MHD Stage 2+ and don't know if that will mess with my readiness, Do I need to flash back to the stock map?

and Third, I've come to the conclusion that i'm just going to replace my catless downpipe with my old OEM catted downpipe.

So my main question is, if I switch to the stock map on MHD, and re-install my OEM catted downpipe, will I pass emissions? and if not what do I need to do?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 04:59 AM   #2
Jake From State Farm
Uhh... Khakis?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F250 Powerstroke

You’re right, the catsim will only work on PWG. Put the stock DP on and upload the stock tune then buy a $15 OBDII reader to confirm readiness. You will need to complete a drive cycle to achieve readiness, see below:

https://www.instructables.com/id/How...or-Smog-Check/
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2019, 03:31 PM   #3
tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by filthy_F30 View Post
Before I get attacked for "not searching other forums" I wanna say that I don't have time to read through pages and pages of discussions, I have a few simple questions.

First, I'm in a 2015 335i with a VRSF catless downpipe, I already tried the VRSF downpipe fix, wired everything correctly and it didn't work, heard it only works on PWG cars and mine is EWG, not my question though and not looking to try another "fix".

Second, I am running MHD Stage 2+ and don't know if that will mess with my readiness, Do I need to flash back to the stock map?

and Third, I've come to the conclusion that i'm just going to replace my catless downpipe with my old OEM catted downpipe.

So my main question is, if I switch to the stock map on MHD, and re-install my OEM catted downpipe, will I pass emissions? and if not what do I need to do?
Well, I would suggest modifying the title of this thread if you want people to weigh in with the info you need, rather than search the forum for very specific terms like "VRSF" "catless", etc. People seeing the "Passing NY Emissions" title may not realize what info you really need, and may not click on the thread to see the details.

#GIGO

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 06:18 PM   #4
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthy_F30 View Post
Before I get attacked for "not searching other forums" I wanna say that I don't have time to read through pages and pages of discussions, I have a few simple questions.

You don't have time read and I don't have time to write a detailed explanation either, so I'll answer your question quickly.

Maybe.

GL
Appreciate 2
tex26702411.00
hoyas490131.50
      03-16-2019, 11:59 AM   #5
FastF30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i xdrive Msport Mbrake

Garage List
you have mhd...flash what ever tune and just drive the 50+miles within 3 cold/hot cycles at 40-60mph to get you to ready state... should be all good.. .
Appreciate 1