F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Best way to lose weight?
proTUNING Freaks

09-16-2020, 09:39 AM   #265
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

anyone who is interested, I started my fitness journey about 3 years ago been super into it ever since. the thing that changed everything was getting someone to dial in my meals. I hired a nutritionist who created all my meal plans down to the grams. diet as we all know is 90% of the results. IF you are interested Ive been using this guy for 3 years its super cheap and he breaks it down anyone can follow it. Does weekly check in and its all done through an app. Sent over 10 people to him all of which made drastic changes.

https://nicpalladino.com

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:Jimmym@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 05:45 PM   #266
sspade
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
The concept is very simple. Burn more calories than you consume.

If you can’t keep your fat ass from eating 3,000 plus calories a day... you’ll need to spend a lot of time on the treadmill.

If you aren’t into fitness then start cutting back on calories big time. That includes drinks and condiments, which are the silent diet killers.

+1 on intermittent fasting. Stop eating by 7pm and do not eat again until at least 9-10am the next day (except for morning coffee).
Appreciate 1
chassis6336.00
      09-24-2020, 02:34 AM   #267
tombaker
Registered
Rep
Drives: Ford fiesta

The best way to lose weight is to eat and exercise properly. This is a long-known formula that practically does not fail. Avoid carbonated drinks, alcohol, fatty, fried, sweet, starchy foods, etc. in your diet. The diet should be dominated by proteins and complex carbohydrates. Diets that promise fast weight loss are usually effective, but only for a short time. the weight lost returns fairly quickly. Therefore, if you need to lose more than 5-6 kg, then it is better to choose the right diet and gradually lose weight. Choose the physical activity that suits you, it can be running, swimming, fitness, yoga or something else. The main thing is to start gradually so as not to harm the joints and muscles. If possible, you can add massages and wraps so that losing weight does not affect the skin and avoid stretch marks.
      10-07-2020, 08:24 AM   #268
bucketfoot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Toyota GT86

Plenty of people have said the obvious one of eat less, but the big one that I'm sure I said earlier in this thread and that many people miss is: Do not drink your calories
      10-07-2020, 08:53 AM   #269
Dlpfcb
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

What am I reading...protein....protein....protein please don’t listen to this. I highly suggest researching about food and the effects on the body. Meat, dairy and cheese by far some of the worst things to eat especially do to it’s inflammatory effects. And everyone says grains are bad? Grains have been in our history since the beginning of time, and some countries that have the lowest obesity rates eat grains as part of every daily meal. Take a look at the US today, we are pushing almost 50% obesity rates for adults and children already being obese by 3. Why? The industry has massively changed, we consume an average of 300lb of meat cheese and dairy per person per year in the US. All of this is packed with fats, saturated fats and so many other chemicals for growth properties that are needed to meet the US consumption rate. It really boils down to this, intake under daily burn....that’s it. Easiest way to achieve that is to maintain a daily workout routine, reduce fats and highly processed foods. I’m not saying don’t eat meat by any means but meat should never be the star on you plate by weight. The bulk of your food by weight should be whole grains, nuts, seeds, fruits and vegetables. Vegetables and fruits are basically free calories and of course the vitamins reduce and prevent so many illnesses. Good luck and please don’t do one of those meat only diets....you may lose some weight but internally the effects on your body are brutal.
Appreciate 3
rebekahb3120.50
tcphoto3450.00
chassis6336.00
      10-08-2020, 08:54 PM   #270
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlpfcb View Post
What am I reading...protein....protein....protein please don’t listen to this. I highly suggest researching about food and the effects on the body. Meat, dairy and cheese by far some of the worst things to eat especially do to it’s inflammatory effects. And everyone says grains are bad? Grains have been in our history since the beginning of time, and some countries that have the lowest obesity rates eat grains as part of every daily meal. Take a look at the US today, we are pushing almost 50% obesity rates for adults and children already being obese by 3. Why? The industry has massively changed, we consume an average of 300lb of meat cheese and dairy per person per year in the US. All of this is packed with fats, saturated fats and so many other chemicals for growth properties that are needed to meet the US consumption rate. It really boils down to this, intake under daily burn....that’s it. Easiest way to achieve that is to maintain a daily workout routine, reduce fats and highly processed foods. I’m not saying don’t eat meat by any means but meat should never be the star on you plate by weight. The bulk of your food by weight should be whole grains, nuts, seeds, fruits and vegetables. Vegetables and fruits are basically free calories and of course the vitamins reduce and prevent so many illnesses. Good luck and please don’t do one of those meat only diets....you may lose some weight but internally the effects on your body are brutal.
I agree and summarize by saying: eat all food groups.

Forget "programs" and "plans" and "systems". They are bollocks.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 01:58 PM   #271
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketfoot View Post
Do not drink your calories
Why not? Obviously a person doesn't want to drink high caloric drinks (i.e. soda) but if I'm trying to gain muscle, why would I not drink protein shakes as a source of protein? Fewer calories for the same or more protein.
Appreciate 1
      10-17-2020, 03:22 PM   #272
No Boost
enthusiasm > practicality
United_States
Rep
Drives: 987 CS | G35x

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Why not? Obviously a person doesn't want to drink high caloric drinks (i.e. soda) but if I'm trying to gain muscle, why would I not drink protein shakes as a source of protein? Fewer calories for the same or more protein.
Perhaps he was referring to alcohol.

90% of my daily caloric intake is in liquid form. Specifically, water/pea protein powder/C8 MCT oil/extra virgin olive oil (first cold pressed)/Brazil nuts/broccoli/Brussel sprouts/mushrooms/chard/avocado (including skin and seed)/egg shells all blended and consumed multiple times per day. Most people would retch at this mixture but I've grown accustomed. It's the sickly sweet, inflammatory causing whey proteins that I just can't do anymore.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2020, 03:43 PM   #273
4Hockey4
Banned
Rep
Drives: Pinto

85% of weight loss is food, eat way more veggies and fruit, less processed carbs (pasta/breads) and do light cardio (more for your heart) and low fat meats, turkey/deer/local chicken, fish and red meat max once a week in smaller portions. No fast food or sodas, drink more water. Snacks are some nuts, bananas

Wife went from 160 to 140 with above regiment in 2 months. (she swam 4-5 times a week, some walks) She also fights a bit of heredity on moms side. (obviously fighting your metabolism, everyone has a weight, it may not be thin enough for you, but its your body type)

Cheers and good luck.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2020, 02:41 PM   #274
chassis
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
There is heredity and there is a social (family) norm. A phrase for norm is "monkey see, monkey do". Families pass down behaviors including, and especially, eating behaviors.

If a family eats high fat, high starch foods in front of the television and washes it all down with sugary drinks, this behavior gets passed to the kids who are confronted with it in early adulthood as their work schedule increases, metabolism decreases, and exercise decreases. And weight goes up.

Changing the behavior means breaking the social norm from the family of origin. It can be difficult for the adult child, when mom and dad see junior behaving in a way contrary to the family norms.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 03:00 PM   #275
Bunnny
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 & 2002 330ci e46

Im not a pro, but I've been studying fitness and nutrition for the past 3 years. I had to because I developed a medical condition that forces me to eat a very strict diet, and I also need to exercise to have desire to eat. Anyways, I learned alot and I would suggest changing up your diet. Oats are great, but add some raw protein like plain eggs. Peanut butter contains alot of fat, and go easy if you can on honey. Lunch: protein is great, but think about maybe skipping the bread. If you find that you become tired after eating bread, its time to look for alternatives that are low in gluten like sour dough. (also, shame on subway for training people to think that eating a loaf of bread for lunch is healthy.) Sour dough is easier to digest also.
And dinner: you are not eating enough at dinner, and the amount of calories between the time of your last meal is not sufficient enough, so you're going into starvation mode instead while in calorie deficit.
I'd really recommend lifting weights as opposed to the treadmill also. Using the treadmill is just working the same muscle out over and over again, but if you were to lift weights, it builds the muscle to tone you, while you burn off calories.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 03:48 PM   #276
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnny View Post
(also, shame on subway for training people to think that eating a loaf of bread for lunch is healthy.)
Lol! I've never thought of it in that manner. Hilarious and very true.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 01:34 PM   #277
The Chaddening
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bicycle - reducing carbon

Imagine thinking bread is unhealthy.
Appreciate 1
FizzyElf133.00
      01-01-2021, 09:02 PM   #278
crgtheman
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E92 M3

Lower calorie intake, more exercise.
Appreciate 1
David701567.00
      01-02-2021, 08:36 AM   #279
chassis
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Folks, there is nothing wrong with eating bread. It's been around for thousands of years.

Calories in must = calories out for weight to be maintained.

Calories in must < calories out for weight be be reduced. It is no more complex than that.

It's possible to eat bread and ice cream exclusively. If calories in are less than calories out when eating bread and ice cream, you will lose weight. But feel crummy.

Don't fall into the modern culture trap of over exercising to increase calories out. It's a trap, don't do it.

I strive to eat all food groups at each meal. This happens often.

All food groups as I define them:
- protein: meat, fish, dairy, eggs
- grains: including bread, pasta and pizza
- fruit and vegetables

Unless prescribed by a doctor, do not do "-free" anything, to wit: gluten free, dairy free, vegan, meat free, etc. These are abnormal and sensationalized ways of eating. They get likes and views on social media and generate revenue in the form of "programs" and "subscriptions" and "products".

Anything that has been in the human diet for thousands of years is good to eat today.
Appreciate 2
5.M0NSTER3353.50
FizzyElf133.00
      01-02-2021, 09:03 AM   #280
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
Folks, there is nothing wrong with eating bread. It's been around for thousands of years.

Calories in must = calories out for weight to be maintained.

Calories in must < calories out for weight be be reduced. It is no more complex than that.

It's possible to eat bread and ice cream exclusively. If calories in are less than calories out when eating bread and ice cream, you will lose weight. But feel crummy.

Don't fall into the modern culture trap of over exercising to increase calories out. It's a trap, don't do it.

I strive to eat all food groups at each meal. This happens often.

All food groups as I define them:
- protein: meat, fish, dairy, eggs
- grains: including bread, pasta and pizza
- fruit and vegetables

Unless prescribed by a doctor, do not do "-free" anything, to wit: gluten free, dairy free, vegan, meat free, etc. These are abnormal and sensationalized ways of eating. They get likes and views on social media and generate revenue in the form of "programs" and "subscriptions" and "products".

Anything that has been in the human diet for thousands of years is good to eat today.
Do you think some breads are unhealthy ? Sugar type/content, processed fats/oils acting as preservatives and the extent the grains are chemical cleaned and mechanically ground.

Who is to say hominids millenniums past were at all healthier due to diet ? They probably conceived at early onset of puberty and we could easily match their ability to survive generations regardless of dietary habits.

One thing about dieting that is positive. In the non to distant past due to lack of preserving food many societies are very seasonal. So a month or two w/o dairy or w/o grains or fruit was natural and through evolution may be the prime way mammals create strength and strong blood lines.

It’s interesting to imagine all the different types of diets (not dieting) may increase our performance.
Appreciate 1
chassis6336.00
      01-02-2021, 11:27 AM   #281
chassis
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
Do you think some breads are unhealthy ? Sugar type/content, processed fats/oils acting as preservatives and the extent the grains are chemical cleaned and mechanically ground.

Who is to say hominids millenniums past were at all healthier due to diet ? They probably conceived at early onset of puberty and we could easily match their ability to survive generations regardless of dietary habits.

One thing about dieting that is positive. In the non to distant past due to lack of preserving food many societies are very seasonal. So a month or two w/o dairy or w/o grains or fruit was natural and through evolution may be the prime way mammals create strength and strong blood lines.

It’s interesting to imagine all the different types of diets (not dieting) may increase our performance.
I don't know anything about hominids. There is, however, written history on diet for humans that extends thousands of years. Any food item written therein is good for you.

"Bread", as the word is used in American popular culture, is not bread. It is a squishy, airy, low density matrix structure of starch and sugar. Not bread and not good for you. Compared to bread in other countries, for example Germany, "bread" in the American parlance is a culinary disaster.

Bread, using only flour, water, salt and yeast, is good for you. Very good for you, in fact.

Don't forget, calories in must < calories out.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2021, 11:37 AM   #282
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
I don't know anything about hominids. There is, however, written history on diet for humans that extends thousands of years. Any food item written therein is good for you.

"Bread", as the word is used in American popular culture, is not bread. It is a squishy, airy, low density matrix structure of starch and sugar. Not bread and not good for you. Compared to bread in other countries, for example Germany, "bread" in the American parlance is a culinary disaster.

Bread, using only flour, water, salt and yeast, is good for you. Very good for you, in fact.

Don't forget, calories in must < calories out.
I would say the 1300b.c. bible has pretty good dietary guidelines
Appreciate 1
chassis6336.00
      03-17-2021, 02:36 PM   #283
Garrus
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i E88

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqueMR View Post
Hello ALL,

I am trying to lose weight from past 18 months. With no luck

Weight: 195lbs
Body Fat: 30%
Height: 5'9"
Fat Deposits: lower belly, lower back, love handles, face/chin

So from 2 weeks, I have been aggressive and started the following routine:

Treadmill: Morning and Evening (total of 800 calories burn/day) for 5 days/week. So total I am burning about 3500-4000 calories a week on treadmill.
Weight-lifting: once a week, burning 500 calories.
Give and take: I am burning around 4000 calories per week combined.

Breakfast: oatmeal/milk/nuts/peanut butter/honey, about 350 calories.
Lunch: pretty heavy lunch mix of meat or poultry, rice or bread, about 400-700 calories.
Dinner: snacking, about 200-300 calories.

I really want to get lean, fit, healthy, athletic body and be around 170lbs with body fat of 20-23%.

Please advice, comment. I am really struggling in losing 20 lbs.
THANKS!!!
90% of losing weight is your diet.

I can only speak for what worked for me:

1. Breakfast: 3 eggs, 2 sausages, rice. Yogurt and bread.

2. Lunch: All vegetarian. About 4 cups worth of raw veggies. Moderate serving of lentil pasta and non-meat spagetti sauce.

3. I don't eat again until about 5pm. Then I eat some tuna fish or nuts until I feel full.

4. Dinner: typically a mediterranean dish, bread, beef, etc.

5. No fruit, candy, after dinner. If I am hungry after dinner, I eat raw veggies and drink tea.

6. I do limit myself to about 2 pieces of choco a day so I don't go crazy.

Good luck!
Appreciate 1
chassis6336.00
      03-17-2021, 02:52 PM   #284
mapleleaf1773
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i XDrive

Garage List
Switch to liquor 🥃
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 09:58 PM   #285
uniqueMR
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Hello ALL,

August 2018:
Weight: 195lbs
Body Fat: 30%
Height: 5'9"
Update March 2021:
Weight: 178lbs
Body Fat: 27%

Needs to get down to 165-168 lbs with less than 23% body fat.
Appreciate 3
chassis6336.00
3PedalJake2613.50
      03-21-2021, 10:06 PM   #286
joooiiiiii
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP

Quote:
Update March 2021:
Weight: 178lbs
Body Fat: 27%

Needs to get down to 165-168 lbs with less than 23% body fat.

Wow, that's amazing. Hope to see the next post of you hitting that goal!
Appreciate 1
uniqueMR1879.00