F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > F32 435i center console/ passenger side rattle.
Extreme Powerhouse

03-03-2021, 01:37 PM   #1
Zhpken14
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 Bmw 435i ZHP

F32 435i center console/ passenger side rattle.

I've had my 435i for just over a year, and are currently sitting at 37k miles. The car has full bolt ons and a awe mid pipe and touring exhaust. Have experience some slight rattle/ squealing noise in the past but usually nothing the normal person would notice. Recently had my car at the shop to have new rims and tires mounted, and after picking the car up I noticed a slight rattle coming from what appears to be the center console. Rattle is only while driving and seems to speed up as I increase speed, and slow down at lower speeds. Also have noticed a rattle coming from my passenger side that Seems like it's coming from under the floor board, and only happens in park or while I am completely stopped in drive. Not sure if these two issues are connected, but can hear the passenger side rattle/squeal from outside the car. Not super loud but definitely annoying. Was wondering if any of you could help identify the issue or source of rattle, as I have searched the forums endlessly and haven't been able to find the exact similar problem. Here are videos of each noise I have encountered.

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 02:28 PM   #2
RockBamson
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 335i MSport

I have a very similar rattle coming from the passenger area that I can not place either. 2014 335i. I pulled the door panel to check the pop screws but so far no luck. Subscribed in case someone has any ideas.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 12:43 PM   #3
Tooadvanced
Rep
Drives: BMW 428 xi

Check to see that nothing is under the seat. Above the floor subwoofer. Pens, loose change, water bottles etc.
      03-05-2021, 04:42 PM   #4
zippyzebras
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i, Fiat 124 Spider

I had a broken parking brake cable clip that caused a grinding sound from the center console passenger area

The quick fix the dealer went with was a zip tie, apparently the proper fix involves dropping the fuel tank to replace a clip that will break again anyways
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 08:34 PM   #5
Zhpken14
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 Bmw 435i ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooadvanced View Post
Check to see that nothing is under the seat. Above the floor subwoofer. Pens, loose change, water bottles etc.
That was the first thing I did, definitely something else causing the noise. Was hoping it would be that easy lol
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2021, 09:07 AM   #6
RockBamson
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 335i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockBamson View Post
I have a very similar rattle coming from the passenger area that I can not place either. 2014 335i. I pulled the door panel to check the pop screws but so far no luck. Subscribed in case someone has any ideas.
I finally found what was causing all of the rattling. I pulled my door panel again and checked everything. Like I said previously, the pop screws were all fine, not broken, BUT they were loose in their mounts just enough that wiggling them made a plastic rattling sound. I pulled them all off, stuck felt tape on the back of each, then reinstalled them so they were nice and secure when pushed in.

I pulled all four door panels just in case and ended up finding more loose ones. Used the felt tape all around then put the panels back on. All of the rattling is gone, even on the bumpiest of roads.

I'm not sure if this is your noise, but hopefully it helps someone else searching the forum.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2021, 02:21 PM   #7
auburnf30x
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyzebras View Post
I had a broken parking brake cable clip that caused a grinding sound from the center console passenger area
Definitely check this, very common issue.

I had a rattle driving me absolutely insane once, turned out that my daughter had hidden a pair of sunglasses in the door pocket that I had no idea of. But I’m sure you’ve checked for obvious things like that.
Appreciate 0