F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Continued Ambient lighting upgrade!
Studio RSR

12-08-2020, 09:08 PM   #1
kevinb21
as long as it runs :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: f30 328i/ e92 335i

Continued Ambient lighting upgrade!

I recently made a thread discussing my 2013 no line CIC bmw 328i where I upgraded the factory dim orange ambient lighting on the doors along with the center console trim. I Was originally only able to code the headunit to give me the option to change the color which did nothing, But I found a thread where MalsBmw Said to code these changes,

FEM
CS_typ Change to two_colours
PIA_DEFAULT_CD change to Frabe_2
MAPPING_LCI_7_FUNCTION change to cs_2

Hu-nbt
Colour_Switch set to aktiv
Colour_Switch_Lines set to sport

This worked! I now am able to change the ambient light color in the idrive system, only problem is the center console radio trim can change colors from orange to sport (blue), but the door panels just shut off when i put the ambient lighting in blue rather than changing color. they turn back on when i select "classic" as the ambient light color. The only thing is when i was coding the car there was no option for "Pia_Default_cd" rather I had "pia_default_cs", Im not sure but if anyone knows what coding I need to do to get the car to also get the door panels to be blue with the center trim id be super grateful.

Thread With the codes I tried (https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1140453)
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2022, 04:19 AM   #2
hermes52
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328i

Hello kevinb21,
I'm new here and I've been trying to add the options to be able to switch colors for more than a month now. I've never done any coding with esys before. Would you please be able explain to me how get those options to switch from classic to sport. Can I do it through bimmercode or is it only through esys? I don't know how to use esys at all so would mind explaining your whole process to get those options in the iDrive. Anything is appreciated.
Thank you,
Hermes52.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 05:52 PM   #3
klepic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinb21 View Post
I recently made a thread discussing my 2013 no line CIC bmw 328i where I upgraded the factory dim orange ambient lighting on the doors along with the center console trim. I Was originally only able to code the headunit to give me the option to change the color which did nothing, But I found a thread where MalsBmw Said to code these changes,

FEM
CS_typ Change to two_colours
PIA_DEFAULT_CD change to Frabe_2
MAPPING_LCI_7_FUNCTION change to cs_2

Hu-nbt
Colour_Switch set to aktiv
Colour_Switch_Lines set to sport

This worked! I now am able to change the ambient light color in the idrive system, only problem is the center console radio trim can change colors from orange to sport (blue), but the door panels just shut off when i put the ambient lighting in blue rather than changing color. they turn back on when i select "classic" as the ambient light color. The only thing is when i was coding the car there was no option for "Pia_Default_cd" rather I had "pia_default_cs", Im not sure but if anyone knows what coding I need to do to get the car to also get the door panels to be blue with the center trim id be super grateful.

Thread With the codes I tried (https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1140453)
I am having the exact same issue and cannot figure out how to fix this one. Would really love to fix it.

Didnyou plug wire to oe with 2 or 3 pins of wire from ambient strip?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 05:09 AM   #4
Onizukachan
Great Teacher
Rep
Drives: 06 e91 325ix

Garage List
2006 E91 325ix  [10.00]
2006 Mini r53 JCW  [0.00]
2005 Mini r53  [0.00]
The system is a simple 3 wire circuit with a common wire used on both circuits.
The reason they turn off is you don’t have voltage on the “orange” wire when you switch to white, and I’m betting your light modules do not have the white led… so basically you are switching your orange off but with no “bulb” on the White circuit, the white can’t come on.

Most likely all you need is the correct dual color door elements after doing the coding above.

A few OEM+ mods:
MTech front bumper, MSport wheel & handbrake, 4AD trim, full rear shades, more to come…
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2022, 01:44 AM   #5
klepic
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizukachan View Post
The system is a simple 3 wire circuit with a common wire used on both circuits.
The reason they turn off is you don’t have voltage on the “orange” wire when you switch to white, and I’m betting your light modules do not have the white led… so basically you are switching your orange off but with no “bulb” on the White circuit, the white can’t come on.

Most likely all you need is the correct dual color door elements after doing the coding above.
I got led strips which have two colors, I retroffited it and there are two wires with 2 and 3 pins. When connected to 3 pins, it should work changing the colour in iDrive, but that doesnt work, it shines only in one color. As soon as I change to sport, doors doesnt shine at all, but climate ambient light change the color as expected.

When connected to 2 pins and on iDrive is set to Classic light, I am able to change the color in doors manually on the little switch bellow each door strip. As soon as I change to Sport mode, same thing haoppen like in first case, dashboard works as expected and doors does not shine at all. In both cases little switch does not work when iDrive ambient is set to Sport.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2022, 04:31 PM   #6
Onizukachan
Great Teacher
Rep
Drives: 06 e91 325ix

Garage List
2006 E91 325ix  [10.00]
2006 Mini r53 JCW  [0.00]
2005 Mini r53  [0.00]
Your led strips are not therefore set up to change colors from idrive, because they have a switch on them to do it

A few OEM+ mods:
MTech front bumper, MSport wheel & handbrake, 4AD trim, full rear shades, more to come…
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2022, 04:32 PM   #7
klepic
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizukachan View Post
Your led strips are not therefore set up to change colors from idrive, because they have a switch on them to do it
All aftermarked led strips have switch and 2 wires, 2 and 3 pins and switching colors do work from iDrive.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2022, 08:37 AM   #8
klepic
Private First Class
Rep

Anyone happen to solve this?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2022, 05:23 AM   #9
LGflatron
Registered
Rep
Drives: e30 x2, e36, e87, e90, F31

I have the same issue, and we try some different codings but no success. I'm started to think about that the FEM doesn't have a hardware to control only one colour... But we are not sure...

Last edited by LGflatron; 11-17-2022 at 02:22 PM..
Appreciate 0