F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > 330i LCI Black M Sport build
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-10-2021, 10:26 PM   #23
alexonahurry
Ozzy Dude
alexonahurry's Avatar
Australia
72
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: BMW F30 330i LCI
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Adelaide

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
New carbon fiber exhaust tips - the rear section is finished now.




I'm on the hunt for F80 calipers, new 370mm front discs and ceramic pads......

Last edited by alexonahurry; 07-11-2021 at 01:17 AM..
Appreciate 3
e90Nate172.50
_baz54.00
      07-15-2021, 03:01 PM   #24
Neil5489
New Member
9
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: 2013 f31 335i
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Chester

iTrader: (0)

You can't beat a bit of carbon
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2021, 11:44 AM   #25
khoa@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
khoa@x-ph.com's Avatar
United_States
383
Rep
923
Posts


Drives: F83
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (0)

I like this build! I think we need a bigger spoiler to match that rear diffuser look.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2021, 03:03 PM   #26
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
AndrewC1989's Avatar
United_States
8840
Rep
3,699
Posts

Drives: 2015 328d xDrive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexonahurry View Post
New carbon fiber exhaust tips - the rear section is finished now.
Looks great! I think some gloss black painted roundels (chrome ring delete) would really finish things off nicely:

https://ind-distribution.com/collect...w-hood-roundel

https://ind-distribution.com/collect...-trunk-roundel

https://ind-distribution.com/product...d85f61a7&_ss=r

https://ind-distribution.com/collect...cap-set-72-6mm
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2021, 01:23 AM   #27
alexonahurry
Ozzy Dude
alexonahurry's Avatar
Australia
72
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: BMW F30 330i LCI
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Adelaide

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Thanks guys. I like the small F80 style spoiler. Had a larger one before and it just looks too busy IMO. The "no chrome" BMW roundels are awesome ! Might be on my shopping list soon.

Just found a set of F80 calipers in great condition. My idea is to get it professionally painted it in yellow with painted Brembo logo and Brembo ceramic pads. Front disc 370mm rear 345mm but haven't decided the brand yet.



Last edited by alexonahurry; 07-25-2021 at 12:46 AM..
Appreciate 1
      08-06-2021, 11:29 PM   #28
alexonahurry
Ozzy Dude
alexonahurry's Avatar
Australia
72
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: BMW F30 330i LCI
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Adelaide

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quick shot in the sun .....










Appreciate 2
bigj50512.00
      08-08-2021, 05:59 AM   #29
[/:\] GP9000
Enlisted Member
[/:\] GP9000's Avatar
Germany
54
Rep
41
Posts

Drives: F31 330i
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Fantastic pictures and sooo clean
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 11:18 AM   #30
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
AndrewC1989's Avatar
United_States
8840
Rep
3,699
Posts

Drives: 2015 328d xDrive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexonahurry View Post
Quick shot in the sun .....


Quote:
Originally Posted by alexonahurry View Post
Front disc 370mm rear 345mm but haven't decided the brand yet.
When you buy brake discs, get some that have black hubs. I know stop-tech and other brands make some that come in cross-drilled and slotted variations and look pretty cool:

https://www.kiesmotorsports.com/prod...brake-calipers


The OEM/Zimmerman silver ones tend to rust over time, even if they are advertised as zinc-coated or whatever else. And if you try to paint them yourself, the paint will eventually flake off over time (ask me how I know). I'd stay away from those for that reason alone.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 04:46 PM   #31
alexonahurry
Ozzy Dude
alexonahurry's Avatar
Australia
72
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: BMW F30 330i LCI
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Adelaide

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by [/:\] GP9000 View Post
Fantastic pictures and sooo clean
Danke Dir, Ich mag meinen 3er :-) Beste Grüsse in die alte Heimat !



Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewC1989 View Post




When you buy brake discs, get some that have black hubs. I know stop-tech and other brands make some that come in cross-drilled and slotted variations and look pretty cool:

https://www.kiesmotorsports.com/prod...brake-calipers


The OEM/Zimmerman silver ones tend to rust over time, even if they are advertised as zinc-coated or whatever else. And if you try to paint them yourself, the paint will eventually flake off over time (ask me how I know). I'd stay away from those for that reason alone.

Thanks mate. I have a couple of options on consideration and I defo go for black hubs. I know about Zimmermann and rust but they are almost impossible to find Down Under so not an option anyway. I'm struggling with the pads. Brembo has ceramic pads but I'm not sure whether this is a good option for a daily. Just like the idea of almost zero brake dust.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 05:20 PM   #32
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
AndrewC1989's Avatar
United_States
8840
Rep
3,699
Posts

Drives: 2015 328d xDrive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexonahurry View Post
Thanks mate. I have a couple of options on consideration and I defo go for black hubs. I know about Zimmermann and rust but they are almost impossible to find Down Under so not an option anyway. I'm struggling with the pads. Brembo has ceramic pads but I'm not sure whether this is a good option for a daily. Just like the idea of almost zero brake dust.
The dust reduction is obviously super nice but idk if it's worth it at the expense of safety. Doesn't matter how clean your wheels are if you end up rear ending somebody, you know?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 07:22 PM   #33
alexonahurry
Ozzy Dude
alexonahurry's Avatar
Australia
72
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: BMW F30 330i LCI
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Adelaide

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewC1989 View Post
The dust reduction is obviously super nice but idk if it's worth it at the expense of safety. Doesn't matter how clean your wheels are if you end up rear ending somebody, you know?
True, and that's my fear. I still have almost new M2 rear pads but I'm not sure if they fit the new setup. I might just get Hawk ones for the front and see how it goes.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 02:25 PM   #34
Krysia007
New Member
3
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: F11
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Poland

iTrader: (0)

Nice wheels !
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 04:26 PM   #35
alexonahurry
Ozzy Dude
alexonahurry's Avatar
Australia
72
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: BMW F30 330i LCI
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Adelaide

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krysia007 View Post
Nice wheels !
Thanks. I think that 20" are the perfect size for f30's - 19" are just a bit too small :-)
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 04:46 PM   #36
_baz
Private
_baz's Avatar
United Kingdom
54
Rep
63
Posts

Drives: F30 330e
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Black looks so good when clean 😍
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2021, 02:16 AM   #37
kamil1614
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: bmw F30 320d 2017
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: PL

iTrader: (0)

I would like to do the same with my F30 LCI. I like all the flavors you have added to this project. Really great job and I admire people like you. I have only one question in the counters at the bottom, you have the M PERFORMANCE badge, how did you implement such a miracle?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2021, 09:00 AM   #38
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
AndrewC1989's Avatar
United_States
8840
Rep
3,699
Posts

Drives: 2015 328d xDrive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamil1614 View Post
I would like to do the same with my F30 LCI. I like all the flavors you have added to this project. Really great job and I admire people like you. I have only one question in the counters at the bottom, you have the M PERFORMANCE badge, how did you implement such a miracle?
If you're talking about the decals on his rocker pannels, you can buy those directly from bmw. Part #:51-19-2-240-983

If you're talking about the instrument cluster, it can be coded with bimmercode: https://bimmercode.app/

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2021, 12:27 PM   #39
kamil1614
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: bmw F30 320d 2017
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: PL

iTrader: (0)

Thank you very much, I can see that thanks to this app I will turn off s & s and I will add a logo to the counters and probably also decode other functions ... So I have a question, how much are the esys and the bimmercode app different?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 11:22 PM   #40
alexonahurry
Ozzy Dude
alexonahurry's Avatar
Australia
72
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: BMW F30 330i LCI
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Adelaide

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamil1614 View Post
I would like to do the same with my F30 LCI. I like all the flavors you have added to this project. Really great job and I admire people like you. I have only one question in the counters at the bottom, you have the M PERFORMANCE badge, how did you implement such a miracle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamil1614 View Post
Thank you very much, I can see that thanks to this app I will turn off s & s and I will add a logo to the counters and probably also decode other functions ... So I have a question, how much are the esys and the bimmercode app different?
Thanks mate ! I can highly recommend the Bimmercode app - never had a problem and you can use it to change a lot of settings - my favorite one is that the seats are moving back by 40mm when I switch off the ignition :-)
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST