F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > seatbelt retractor stuck!
proTUNING Freaks

05-02-2024, 08:03 PM   #1
f32christian
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw 428i xdrive

seatbelt retractor stuck!

hey everyone i drive a 15’ 428i and i recently changed my head unit to an apple car play screen. and before i installed it i disconnected the negative terminal from the battery while the seatbelt extender arm was out and retracted. during installation i didn’t think anything of it when i plugged the battery back in the arm retracted back into its hole and since then the arm no longer comes out too push the the seat belt out further, and the motor for the arm makes a very annoying clicking noise while driving and at idle. i’ve tried pretty much everything i could think of, unplug battery leave it for 10 min come back problem still there, my current solution is ive pulled the fuse for the arms so neither drivers side or passenger side works but at least that annoying clicking noise went away. is there a solution to this? a way i can reset that module? or did i just fry the motor for the seatbelt grabber? please anything would be great very annoying issue especially knowing its broken bc of me. i left a photo to further describe what im talking about.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0