F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Mission performance tune experiences
Extreme Powerhouse
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-15-2018, 10:17 PM   #1
InstigatorX
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
35
Posts

Drives: 2018 440i GC
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: NC

iTrader: (0)

Would like to know what those that have flashed mission performance's tune experience has been so far. I know there are a few other threads, but they seemed intermixed with all sorts of info. Just looking for some unvarnished experience. I have a 2018 440i GC and keen to go for it, but a little scared about creating problems for myself.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 01:12 AM   #2
nikman011
First Lieutenant
nikman011's Avatar
United_States
126
Rep
314
Posts

Drives: '17 m240i xDrive
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (0)

Good stuff, do it!
__________________
2017 m240i X-Drive
- Dinan: [CAI, Exhaust, MidPipe (black tips), Performance Springs, Bump Stops]
- VRSF: Catted 200c
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4S - (P7 tires back on)
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2018, 12:48 PM   #3
Mbbrewer
Captain
Mbbrewer's Avatar
128
Rep
655
Posts

Drives: 550i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Houston

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstigatorX View Post
Would like to know what those that have flashed mission performance's tune experience has been so far. I know there are a few other threads, but they seemed intermixed with all sorts of info. Just looking for some unvarnished experience. I have a 2018 440i GC and keen to go for it, but a little scared about creating problems for myself.
If you're scared You should pass. Not that there's anything wrong with the mod but there's always an inherent risk involved with adding a tune.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 01:26 PM   #4
InstigatorX
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
35
Posts

Drives: 2018 440i GC
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbbrewer View Post
If you're scared You should pass. Not that there's anything wrong with the mod but there's always an inherent risk involved with adding a tune.
Maybe scared is too strong a word. Just looking for real world experiences/perspectives on the tune. I have Dinan elite and would appreciate feedback on transition to flash tune as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 02:01 PM   #5
DigiSage
First Lieutenant
83
Rep
319
Posts

Drives: 2018 X3 M40i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Iíve got a few months time on my Mission tune and I love it, and zero problems.
Appreciate 2
      12-16-2018, 03:12 PM   #6
Jayf30
Second Lieutenant
122
Rep
214
Posts

Drives: '18 X3 M40i Dark Graphite Cogn
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SF

iTrader: (0)

I've had it since Black Friday and I love it. When I throw in e85 is when it really wakes up. No complaints.

Customer service was also top notch in my experience. Bought and flashed same day with Alex over the phone along the way when I had a little hiccup.
__________________
18 X3 M40i/ Dark Graphite/ Cognac/ MP Stage 2/ VRSF Catted DP/ Muffler Delete/ Gunmetal TSW Bathurst 20x9 20x10/
Appreciate 1
      12-17-2018, 12:27 AM   #7
Vinnie Stix
Private
Vinnie Stix's Avatar
United_States
47
Rep
63
Posts

Drives: 2017 340i GT Xdrive M Package
Join Date: May 2016
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstigatorX View Post
Would like to know what those that have flashed mission performance's tune experience has been so far. I know there are a few other threads, but they seemed intermixed with all sorts of info. Just looking for some unvarnished experience. I have a 2018 440i GC and keen to go for it, but a little scared about creating problems for myself.
Was one of the first 10 on the group buy...No problems so far...Over 5000 miles...runs great...fast as hell. Tune took 10 minutes and I just followed the instructions Alex sent via email...Simple...Stage 2 with 93 octane gas, BMS intake and VRSF Cat-less DP...No CEL...Alex was always reachable by phone and email...Waiting for Trans tune...Vroom Vroom...
Appreciate 1
      12-17-2018, 12:37 AM   #8
HLJustin
Enlisted Member
8
Rep
43
Posts

Drives: 2017 Alpine White 340i
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: SF

iTrader: (0)

I was on the hesitant side at first as well but when I pulled the trigger it was definitely worth it. Had MPPSK and I wish I was patient enough to wait for this tune and saved a couple thousand. Only other observation is you're trading miles per gallon for smiles per gallon, and if you're concerned about miles per gallon you bought the wrong car lol
Appreciate 1
      12-17-2018, 02:53 AM   #9
N420i
Private First Class
51
Rep
154
Posts

Drives: 2016 420i lightly modded
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Madrid

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayf30 View Post
I've had it since Black Friday and I love it. When I throw in e85 is when it really wakes up. No complaints.

Customer service was also top notch in my experience. Bought and flashed same day with Alex over the phone along the way when I had a little hiccup.
Quick question sorry for the offtopic...

In my european B48 it says "E10 MAX" on the gas door, and i'm pretty sure it says the same on the B58s.

Are US cars E85 ready from the factory, did you adapt yours or is it okay to run it and just ignore BMWs warning?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 03:08 AM   #10
Jayf30
Second Lieutenant
122
Rep
214
Posts

Drives: '18 X3 M40i Dark Graphite Cogn
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SF

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N420i View Post
Quick question sorry for the offtopic...

In my european B48 it says "E10 MAX" on the gas door, and i'm pretty sure it says the same on the B58s.

Are US cars E85 ready from the factory, did you adapt yours or is it okay to run it and just ignore BMWs warning?
Honestly, I don't have an answer for that :/

The general consensus I got from the forums here is that it is ok.

The only disclaimer I can remember off the top of my head on the gas cap/ door is a recommendation for minimum 91 octane. Here in California, 91 is the highest octane available. When I put e85 in I'm supposedly around 94 octane, I'm not familiar with octane ratings outside of US but I'm sure you can translate this info if it helps.
__________________
18 X3 M40i/ Dark Graphite/ Cognac/ MP Stage 2/ VRSF Catted DP/ Muffler Delete/ Gunmetal TSW Bathurst 20x9 20x10/
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 12:53 PM   #11
blckz06
Private First Class
22
Rep
102
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLJustin View Post
I was on the hesitant side at first as well but when I pulled the trigger it was definitely worth it. Had MPPSK and I wish I was patient enough to wait for this tune and saved a couple thousand. Only other observation is you're trading miles per gallon for smiles per gallon, and if you're concerned about miles per gallon you bought the wrong car lol
Did you notice a difference in the 'pops/crackles' (that come as part of the MPPSK) after the tune? I really like the sound of MPPSK with a downpipe, and worry that the tune may not sound quite as good.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 12:57 PM   #12
HLJustin
Enlisted Member
8
Rep
43
Posts

Drives: 2017 Alpine White 340i
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: SF

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckz06 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLJustin View Post
I was on the hesitant side at first as well but when I pulled the trigger it was definitely worth it. Had MPPSK and I wish I was patient enough to wait for this tune and saved a couple thousand. Only other observation is you're trading miles per gallon for smiles per gallon, and if you're concerned about miles per gallon you bought the wrong car lol
Did you notice a difference in the 'pops/crackles' (that come as part of the MPPSK) after the tune? I really like the sound of MPPSK with a downpipe, and worry that the tune may not sound quite as good.
I got it with the burble option and it's the same if not more pronounced, so worry not!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 03:22 PM   #13
GT500R
Second Lieutenant
133
Rep
257
Posts

Drives: BMW X3 M40i
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NE

iTrader: (0)

3 months
6,000+ miles
Multiple track runs

All good thus far, zero issues, drive-ability is inherently like stock until you go full throttle.

Best part is I can add E85 to the tank (E30 total mix) and the tune auto adjusts.

Like other said, NEED THAT TRANS TUNE PLEASEEEEEEE.
__________________
2018 X3 M40i
Stock Tune - 12.98@103.99 +1374 DA
MP Stage 2 Tune Only - E30 - 12.36@111.74 +0 DA | 0-60 4.11 s
Stage 3 ECU | Stage 1 TCU - 93 oct - 0-60 4.01s
2007 Shelby GT500
Appreciate 1
      12-17-2018, 03:49 PM   #14
rahlow
Enlisted Member
United_States
18
Rep
46
Posts

Drives: 2016 340i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

Question, I have the mission performance tune as well and had the JB4 previously to the tune. Ive always kept the JB4 attached for logs n such and i'm considering getting methanol and putting the JB4 in map 7 to control the meth. I also have pure stage 1 and I feel meth will really unlock the turbo since control of fueling doesn't seem like it's coming anytime soon. What do u guys think of throwing meth on this setup?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 10:53 PM   #15
eksigned
Second Lieutenant
eksigned's Avatar
68
Rep
265
Posts

Drives: 440i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500R View Post
3 months
6,000+ miles
Multiple track runs

All good thus far, zero issues, drive-ability is inherently like stock until you go full throttle.

Best part is I can add E85 to the tank (E30 total mix) and the tune auto adjusts.

Like other said, NEED THAT TRANS TUNE PLEASEEEEEEE.
i'm just curious, but what are you anticipating getting from this trans flash? I'm actually worried that it'll rid the "safety" net around over boosting the transmission with the added power output.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 09:31 AM   #16
kern417
Cheapskate
United_States
1104
Rep
1,910
Posts

Drives: 2018 440i / 2010 X5
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (0)

I haven't seen anyone knock down Mission Performance's tune, but I still think people should wait for others to get to market. Especially if you already have a Dinan piggyback, you don't want to keep jumping around every time a tune with new features hits the market. MP is just the first of what will be many.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by umizoomi View Post
As long as 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 10:45 AM   #17
nikman011
First Lieutenant
nikman011's Avatar
United_States
126
Rep
314
Posts

Drives: '17 m240i xDrive
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (0)

MP is pretty solid, there is also HCP, which is pretty awesome too (have that loaded right now), but really, if you want some info on these tunes read the entirety of the threads, 30+ pages of comments, also check out what is on the 2 series m240 forum, because there is some good info in those as well.
__________________
2017 m240i X-Drive
- Dinan: [CAI, Exhaust, MidPipe (black tips), Performance Springs, Bump Stops]
- VRSF: Catted 200c
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4S - (P7 tires back on)
Appreciate 1
      12-18-2018, 12:45 PM   #18
rahlow
Enlisted Member
United_States
18
Rep
46
Posts

Drives: 2016 340i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikman011 View Post
MP is pretty solid, there is also HCP, which is pretty awesome too (have that loaded right now), but really, if you want some info on these tunes read the entirety of the threads, 30+ pages of comments, also check out what is on the 2 series m240 forum, because there is some good info in those as well.
I've heard another person mention they had the HCP tune but haven't heard any feedback about that. I went to there website or Instagram as well and it doesn't seem like it's in market. Where can it be purchased? I see them talk about it on Facebook but it doesn't seem live to the public. I'd love to see more about prices and such. Really it's only MP as the only tune to the public and time keeps ticking.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 02:42 PM   #19
GT500R
Second Lieutenant
133
Rep
257
Posts

Drives: BMW X3 M40i
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksigned View Post
i'm just curious, but what are you anticipating getting from this trans flash? I'm actually worried that it'll rid the "safety" net around over boosting the transmission with the added power output.
I think it will actually smoothen the transmission with shifting as the torque limiters probably get exceeded more then I think... maybe not. But faster shifting at WOT is also a nice to have too
__________________
2018 X3 M40i
Stock Tune - 12.98@103.99 +1374 DA
MP Stage 2 Tune Only - E30 - 12.36@111.74 +0 DA | 0-60 4.11 s
Stage 3 ECU | Stage 1 TCU - 93 oct - 0-60 4.01s
2007 Shelby GT500
Appreciate 1
      12-18-2018, 02:43 PM   #20
GT500R
Second Lieutenant
133
Rep
257
Posts

Drives: BMW X3 M40i
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikman011 View Post
MP is pretty solid, there is also HCP, which is pretty awesome too (have that loaded right now), but really, if you want some info on these tunes read the entirety of the threads, 30+ pages of comments, also check out what is on the 2 series m240 forum, because there is some good info in those as well.
Have any figures to compare HCP vs. MP? Feel free to PM me.
__________________
2018 X3 M40i
Stock Tune - 12.98@103.99 +1374 DA
MP Stage 2 Tune Only - E30 - 12.36@111.74 +0 DA | 0-60 4.11 s
Stage 3 ECU | Stage 1 TCU - 93 oct - 0-60 4.01s
2007 Shelby GT500
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 08:49 PM   #21
Antec800
Private First Class
17
Rep
100
Posts

Drives: 340i x drive
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckz06 View Post
Did you notice a difference in the 'pops/crackles' (that come as part of the MPPSK) after the tune? I really like the sound of MPPSK with a downpipe, and worry that the tune may not sound quite as good.
Donít worry about that the mppsk barely adds pops and crackles over the stock tune, have a 340i with mppsk and one without the only difference was the exhaust note and less resonated exhaust which produced louder crackles. Now my non mppsk 340i has downpipe and the crackles happen a lot more and a lot louder then the mppsk 340i, so donít worry about the tune changing that unless you add burble mode which will intensify and double the pops.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 07:55 AM   #22
nikman011
First Lieutenant
nikman011's Avatar
United_States
126
Rep
314
Posts

Drives: '17 m240i xDrive
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahlow View Post
I've heard another person mention they had the HCP tune but haven't heard any feedback about that. I went to there website or Instagram as well and it doesn't seem like it's in market. Where can it be purchased? I see them talk about it on Facebook but it doesn't seem live to the public. I'd love to see more about prices and such. Really it's only MP as the only tune to the public and time keeps ticking.
I had it flashed remotely from through a local shop. You should send HCP an email and see who in your area they work with, or seek out a local shop that does BMW tunes, and ask them if they have worked with HCP.
It is an awesome tune
__________________
2017 m240i X-Drive
- Dinan: [CAI, Exhaust, MidPipe (black tips), Performance Springs, Bump Stops]
- VRSF: Catted 200c
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4S - (P7 tires back on)
Appreciate 1
fb5810.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST