F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Brake Squeal Againl Arrgh!
ARMA SPEED

08-09-2019, 11:29 AM   #1
fuzzybunny
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Orange F33 435dx Convertible

Brake Squeal Againl Arrgh!

Just got rid of squeal from the front wheels by replacing all front pads. That was back in February now suddenly the rear brakes are squealing. I know that because I drove off last week with the handbrake partly on and Ooh Whee what a squeal! Now if I come to a stop after driving for around 30 mins the squeal is back coming from the rear end. Its only BMW that seems to have this issue never had it before on any other make. TBH though I love the car, best drive ever but a pain in the butt with the squeals!

Last edited by fuzzybunny; 08-10-2019 at 04:13 AM..
Appreciate 1
LobB5109.00
      08-09-2019, 11:55 AM   #2
Craig-SM
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d M Sport - F30

Assuming your is the same the hand brake is operated on the drums in the disc hub so using the normal brakes shouldn’t be affected by leaving the hand brake on.
Only had squealing brakes the once when we first got it and that was sorted with cleaning the calipers, pad carriers and pins then using Ceratec grease on reassembling

Squealing is usually the vibration of the pads as it doesn’t make even contact with the disc. If the weren’t squealing before and your not down to bare metal then it’s probably dirt build up preventing the pads from moving freely.
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2019, 12:10 PM   #3
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Edit : Beaten to it
Appreciate 1
LobB5109.00
      08-10-2019, 04:13 AM   #4
fuzzybunny
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Orange F33 435dx Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig-SM View Post
Assuming your is the same the hand brake is operated on the drums in the disc hub so using the normal brakes shouldn’t be affected by leaving the hand brake on.
Only had squealing brakes the once when we first got it and that was sorted with cleaning the calipers, pad carriers and pins then using Ceratec grease on reassembling

Squealing is usually the vibration of the pads as it doesn’t make even contact with the disc. If the weren’t squealing before and your not down to bare metal then it’s probably dirt build up preventing the pads from moving freely.
Thanks for that I will check it out!