F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Michelin Pilot Sport 4s for 435i?
GetBMWParts

12-26-2018, 01:55 PM   #23
doncarlyon
Captain
Rep
Drives: Megane RS 300 Trophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Fair enough.

Which tyre brand is it you feel is superior?
I wouldn't go for a particular brand. Im not biased towards any brand.

Its always a massive debate when it comes to tyres. Personal preference comes into it alot. How 1 person expects a tyre to perform is much different to another persons expectation.

A previous car came with conti 5s and they were great. Performance and mileage both spot on.

For a track tyre I've used Federal RSRs and they were really top notch.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2018, 02:49 AM   #24
RustyBitz
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Garage List
Get them. I switched a month ago. The transformation was night and day.

[url=https://www.deutschespeed.com/threads/the-bimmerpost-refugee-thread.561/]Car[/url]
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2018, 05:30 AM   #25
TQMp5135
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i F32 6MT (MPPK, MPE)

Those of you who switched from run flats to non run flats, was your BMW dealer happy to order and fit the tyres you wanted or did you have to go elsewhere?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2018, 05:45 AM   #26
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQMp5135 View Post
Those of you who switched from run flats to non run flats, was your BMW dealer happy to order and fit the tyres you wanted or did you have to go elsewhere?
I wouldn't buy them from the dealer, they charge more than Blackcircles, etc.
My dealer said they were happy to fit my tyres, but I ended up fitting elsewhere.

There is no requirement for BMW to supply and fit.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2018, 05:45 AM   #27
Jeff123
Jeff
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d M Sport x-drive F30

Think that you might have to go elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2018, 07:37 AM   #28
perryo91
Captain
Uganda
Rep
Drives: 335

10000% put on the michelins. People who say the sidewall is too soft and the car is "floaty" are just trying to sound cool nah just kidding. The only way I've felt a difference with the softer sidewalls is over pot holes. My car no longer feels like I've hit a massive object and makes a loud noise.

I put on 4s tires and the grip is astounding, road noise improved, and they just look great.

Put them on, you don't needa think twice!
      12-28-2018, 08:56 AM   #29
RustyBitz
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Costco £617 for all four

[url=https://www.deutschespeed.com/threads/the-bimmerpost-refugee-thread.561/]Car[/url]
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2019, 10:15 AM   #30
TQMp5135
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Who here runs the Michelin PS 4S all year round in the uk? Have any of you had any problems with cold weather cracking? The literature advises not to use below 40F (4.4C) as is usual with summer tyres but warns that the tyres should not even be exposed to temperatures below 20 F (-6.7C) due to potential cracking of the rubber compound. I imagine there must be some UK nights that reach this temperature (maybe not so often in London where I live but still possible). Should I be concerned? I use on street parking all year round.

Last edited by TQMp5135; 01-04-2019 at 10:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2019, 01:17 PM   #31
KTE
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A slow car

Quote:
Who here runs the Michelin PS 4S all year round in the uk? Have any of you had any problems with cold weather cracking? The literature advises not to use below 40F (4.4C) as is usual with summer tyres but warns that the tyres should not even be exposed to temperatures below 20 F (-6.7C) due to potential cracking of the rubber compound. I imagine there must be some UK nights that reach this temperature (maybe not so often in London where I live but still possible). Should I be concerned? I use on street parking all year round.
Similar situation here, except summer RFT. Not really sure about needing winter tyres. Got a short commute (~15 mins). I did have smaller 16” winters that I never switched to on my previous car, with all seasons on throughout the year. Didn’t notice any grip problems or stopping times increasing, but my winters were worn vs new all seasons. In addition to not being a performance vehicle.

An educated guess is about the stopping times increasing and grip coefficients etc.. Something to bear in mind if you drive aggressively during poorer conditions. Same applies to when it’s wet though.

Lowest I’ve seen yet is -1 overnight, whilst driving 0.5. For the cost of it and the 2 months tops I’d use them for, I don’t think I’ll worry.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 01:42 AM   #32
BIFCAIDS
Bird Flu and Cat Aids combined
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 340i M-Sport+ MPPSK E92 M3

Quote:
I take it you like it up the arse? Why you'd go to a dealer to buy tyres is beyond me ha ha ha.

Best place for them is Costco (that's if you've got a card etc).

MyTyres or Camskill are your best bets from my experience.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 03:22 AM   #33
TQMp5135
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTE View Post
Similar situation here, except summer RFT. Not really sure about needing winter tyres. Got a short commute (~15 mins). I did have smaller 16” winters that I never switched to on my previous car, with all seasons on throughout the year. Didn’t notice any grip problems or stopping times increasing, but my winters were worn vs new all seasons. In addition to not being a performance vehicle.

An educated guess is about the stopping times increasing and grip coefficients etc.. Something to bear in mind if you drive aggressively during poorer conditions. Same applies to when it’s wet though.

Lowest I’ve seen yet is -1 overnight, whilst driving 0.5. For the cost of it and the 2 months tops I’d use them for, I don’t think I’ll worry.
Thanks for your advice. I generally drive conservatively during the winter for the reasons you mention. Then I let it all out in the summer.

I'm starting to think its probably unlikely that it will get much below freezing here in London. At least not low enough to make cracking of the rubber a concern. Maybe a few days but hopefully just a few won't hurt it.

Any opinions to the contrary out there?

I've actually ordered the tyres from Costco and they have arrived already! I was planning to get them fitted late Feb but they have insisted on doing it within two weeks of the tyres arriving. Will let everyone know thoughts once on. Wish me luck!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 03:24 AM   #34
TQMp5135
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIFCAIDS View Post
I take it you like it up the arse? Why you'd go to a dealer to buy tyres is beyond me ha ha ha.

Best place for them is Costco (that's if you've got a card etc).

MyTyres or Camskill are your best bets from my experience.
Haha. I considered taking it up the arse from the dealer just for the comfort factor but didn't even get round to comparing prices because they said they won't order of fit non star marked tyres.

I therefore went down the Costco route as you suggested!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 03:28 AM   #35
TQMp5135
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Would people recommend a 4 wheel laser alignment after fitting four new tyres?

Two wheel alignment?

Neither?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 03:44 AM   #36
rossm
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F40 M135i

Are you experiencing uneven wear or pulling to one side? If not then don't bother
Appreciate 0