F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Tracking / Racing / Autocrossing > BC Racing BR coilover dampening settings?
Studio RSR

02-02-2021, 12:48 AM   #1
jonathanvictory
Hi!
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP, F15 X5e

BC Racing BR coilover dampening settings?

Hi! I'm heading to Streets of Willow this weekend and going to run with what I have which are BC Racing BR's. Right now I have all corners set to the softest dampening setting. Settings have 30 clicks max for dampening.

If anyone has experience with these on the track, what settings did you see best results/feel better around the track? Or is there a rule of thumb for rear wheel drive? m
Mild stiffness in the rear and soft in the front, or vice versa? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2021, 02:32 PM   #2
brigade24
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 335 X-dive

Oh sorry for the lateness, you're probably already on track...there are a few factors at play but generally I run about 28 to 29 clicks in the back which is almost full stiff and about 23-25 clicks up front. keep in mind im xdrive so my power is going everywhere so i can go a bit stiffer without inducing wheel spin.

if the BCs are the only mod on the car, then I would look at 15-17 clicks up front and 19-21 in the back and see what happens. I can be way more precise but would need to know what tires you're running along with any other mods you have that can enhance grip and/power.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2021, 11:58 PM   #3
jonathanvictory
Hi!
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP, F15 X5e

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigade24 View Post
Oh sorry for the lateness, you're probably already on track...there are a few factors at play but generally I run about 28 to 29 clicks in the back which is almost full stiff and about 23-25 clicks up front. keep in mind im xdrive so my power is going everywhere so i can go a bit stiffer without inducing wheel spin.

if the BCs are the only mod on the car, then I would look at 15-17 clicks up front and 19-21 in the back and see what happens. I can be way more precise but would need to know what tires you're running along with any other mods you have that can enhance grip and/power.
Hey, no worries! I did a bit of trial and error on the streets safely before the event and hoped for the best with 15 front, and 20 rear (RWD). After my first session I noticed a tad bit of roll so I bumped it to 22 front, and 25 rear. It was a nice stiffness, felt way more flat, and not very rough.
Appreciate 0