F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > F30 N55 PWG 700WHP Project
proTUNING Freaks

02-26-2021, 08:25 AM   #45
Bowenpuref3p
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by harkes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowenpuref3p View Post
Hey man so I'm pwg and currently waiting on my ps2 to arrive. What tuning issues did you have? Boost control issues because of being pwg? I'm wondering who you got yours tuned by that got it running properly and which software you used?
I will be running the mhd ots pure map until I can set something up with a custom tuner.
I'm trying to decide if a dorch stg1 hpfp will be enough for e30-e50 mix and around 500hp. What fueling are you using? I will also be adding methanol but more for cooling then fuel supplementing. Any tips or advice would be awesome.
What is the status on your build? Very excited to hear!
I went with the dorch stg2 hpfp but I'm only running the ots MHD 93 hybrid turbo map because the tuner at twisted recommended to upgrade my clutch because it would slip on the dyno. it's been too cold for the past month so I still haven't installed it yet. But it's going to be over 40 degrees here in PA this week so hopefully I will install and get her on the dyno for a e50 tune.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 09:07 AM   #46
435gc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i Gran Coupe xdrive

Quote:
I went with the dorch stg2 hpfp but I'm only running the ots MHD 93 hybrid turbo map because the tuner at twisted recommended to upgrade my clutch because it would slip on the dyno. it's been too cold for the past month so I still haven't installed it yet. But it's going to be over 40 degrees here in PA this week so hopefully I will install and get her on the dyno for a e50 tune.
Awesome!

What boost is the hybrid map running?

Last edited by 435gc; 02-26-2021 at 10:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 01:33 AM   #47
harkes
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: M135i, NSX and AE86

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey man so I'm pwg and currently waiting on my ps2 to arrive. What tuning issues did you have? Boost control issues because of being pwg? I'm wondering who you got yours tuned by that got it running properly and which software you used?
I will be running the mhd ots pure map until I can set something up with a custom tuner.
I'm trying to decide if a dorch stg1 hpfp will be enough for e30-e50 mix and around 500hp. What fueling are you using? I will also be adding methanol but more for cooling then fuel supplementing. Any tips or advice would be awesome.
Logs to share from the OTS map? I like to compare boost control/WGDC
      03-04-2021, 12:21 PM   #48
bimmerace
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
How did you get rod knock?

Also, i highly recommend you do some research on Ghassan. There was an entire thread dedicated to them with people saying they are scammers. Also check reviews other places online.
I heard after I ordered, really hoping it all goes smooth for me, I just heard that my engine is supposed to arrive to the shop on monday!

I looked for a basic replacement but it seemed like a great deal with that 2 year warranty, and the fact that I was getting a rebuilt engine, instead of a used one that would potentially come with issues. So then going through his options, the G700 seemed like a good deal, and since I already had the SpeedTech 8374 kit, then might as well. Really hoping it all goes well, as having 2 N55s fail on me at the same time is really depressing
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 12:33 PM   #49
thejeremyman9
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerace View Post
I heard after I ordered, really hoping it all goes smooth for me, I just heard that my engine is supposed to arrive to the shop on monday!

I looked for a basic replacement but it seemed like a great deal with that 2 year warranty, and the fact that I was getting a rebuilt engine, instead of a used one that would potentially come with issues. So then going through his options, the G700 seemed like a good deal, and since I already had the SpeedTech 8374 kit, then might as well. Really hoping it all goes well, as having 2 N55s fail on me at the same time is really depressing
Good luck, please keep us posted. When you get the engine i would do at least some basic inspections (i.e., boroscope) to see if the engine is actually rebuilt. A lot of people claimed to order rebuilt/built engines only to look inside and see it was just a used unit.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 02:32 PM   #50
bimmerace
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
Good luck, please keep us posted. When you get the engine i would do at least some basic inspections (i.e., boroscope) to see if the engine is actually rebuilt. A lot of people claimed to order rebuilt/built engines only to look inside and see it was just a used unit.
I'll ask the shop to inspect it before installing, thanks for the heads up! I know businesses can make mistakes, it's them owning up to it and rectifying the issue that I care for the most, so hope I get a good engine!
Appreciate 2
      03-05-2021, 07:29 PM   #51
Bowenpuref3p
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 435gc View Post
Quote:
Awesome!

What boost is the hybrid map running?
I believe it's only 16psi. I have not been driving the car lately but it's supposed to be 50+ out in PA next week so I'll get some logs real quick before I tear it apart again to install my new clutch.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 07:31 PM   #52
Bowenpuref3p
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Logs to share from the OTS map? I like to compare boost control/WGDC
it's still been cold and I haven't really been driving it. I just been leaving it on my lift with the wheels off. its supposed to be 50+ out next week so if I get a chance I'll get some fresh logs of the hybrid ots map before I tear it apart again to install my clutch.
Appreciate 0