F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > bootmod3 for BMW F series Vehicles - General Discussion
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-04-2021, 10:55 AM   #1079
wifes first bimmer
Enlisted Member
35
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: 330i, i3, '82 R65LS
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenF30N26 View Post
Other than part vendors(non-tuning vendors) and folklore who is recommending adding a charge pipe to the N20/N26 or B46/B48? I never heard of anyone blowing a charge pipe on this platform with a stock turbo.

Save your money.
THANK YOU!! My thoughts exactly.

I have personally seen rubber charge pipes expand on engine dyno - that is not a problem with plastic charge pipes. If you suspect the pipes are cracked, or if the seals are leaking; then you could upgrade the charge pipes, but there is no performance to be gained from it.
__________________
MODS: Turbo Transformer boost controller, ECO-SPORT auto selector (home brew), Electronic boost gauge vent mounted, RPM based LED Carbon paddles

WISHLIST: BM3, HPFP, Turbo + IC + water ... new car eventually
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 06:55 PM   #1080
Luverse
First Lieutenant
Luverse's Avatar
Indonesia
173
Rep
333
Posts

Drives: BMW F30
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Jakarta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifes first bimmer View Post
THANK YOU!! My thoughts exactly.

I have personally seen rubber charge pipes expand on engine dyno - that is not a problem with plastic charge pipes. If you suspect the pipes are cracked, or if the seals are leaking; then you could upgrade the charge pipes, but there is no performance to be gained from it.
if you have extra budget, upgrading charge pipe is worth
but if your on tight budget, i suggest spending that $200-300 on something that provide performance gain, like XHP transmission flash.
__________________
Instagram: nightfall.f30
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 10:06 PM   #1081
chowser51
Colonel
chowser51's Avatar
United_States
1139
Rep
2,092
Posts

Drives: F33 430 and F39 X2 M35i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Any plans for B48E?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 09:50 PM   #1082
FlyingWombat24
New Member
Australia
2
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW 530i M Sport
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinglagos View Post
Are there OTS maps available for the 20i? I was about to hit the buy button before I noticed only 28i mentioned. I am not inclined to go past 28i levels of performance with my 20i...
did you find out dude? I'm also thinking of buying a 320i m sport
__________________
Bimmer Nation
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 01:11 AM   #1083
Luverse
First Lieutenant
Luverse's Avatar
Indonesia
173
Rep
333
Posts

Drives: BMW F30
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Jakarta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingWombat24 View Post
did you find out dude? I'm also thinking of buying a 320i m sport
off course BM3 is available for 320i N20 or B48
__________________
Instagram: nightfall.f30
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 11:38 AM   #1084
BMWAutoXer
No Cones
United_States
9
Rep
104
Posts

Drives: F31 330 xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luverse View Post
off course BM3 is available for 320i N20 or B48
I bought their OTS maps, ENET cable, and tuner license for my 2017 F3x, I have BMW's July 2020 DME firmware update. This version of the DME is locked and BM3 flashes fail. I worked with PTF / BM3 support, they said I can't do anything until the DME is bench unlocked and they "won't accept mail in modules to bench unlock due to covid."

Unless you have a local tuner with proven capability for bench unlocking the most recent DME firmware I recommend saving your money and waiting for PTF/BM3 to release a flash unlock.
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2021, 06:51 PM   #1085
SFV818
Private
5
Rep
52
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW 328i
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWAutoXer View Post
I bought their OTS maps, ENET cable, and tuner license for my 2017 F3x, I have BMW's July 2020 DME firmware update. This version of the DME is locked and BM3 flashes fail. I worked with PTF / BM3 support, they said I can't do anything until the DME is bench unlocked and they "won't accept mail in modules to bench unlock due to covid."

Unless you have a local tuner with proven capability for bench unlocking the most recent DME firmware I recommend saving your money and waiting for PTF/BM3 to release a flash unlock.

I have a 2016 F30 N26 that I purchased CPO in May 2020.... will I be able to flash? I already purchased BM3 but haven't tried to flash it yet...
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 09:09 PM   #1086
BMWAutoXer
No Cones
United_States
9
Rep
104
Posts

Drives: F31 330 xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV818 View Post
I have a 2016 F30 N26 that I purchased CPO in May 2020.... will I be able to flash? I already purchased BM3 but haven't tried to flash it yet...
Depends on your firmware, ask PTF - they're responsive and knew right away mine wasn't flashable.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 11:34 AM   #1087
SFV818
Private
5
Rep
52
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW 328i
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWAutoXer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV818 View Post
I have a 2016 F30 N26 that I purchased CPO in May 2020.... will I be able to flash? I already purchased BM3 but haven't tried to flash it yet...
Depends on your firmware, ask PTF - they're responsive and knew right away mine wasn't flashable.
Ya they got back to me super quick and said shouldn't be a problem. I'm going FBO -next week hopefully- and then will tune as soon as I pull back in the driveway lol
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 02:02 PM   #1088
hagan32
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: BMW 328
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: united states

iTrader: (0)

Iíve got a BM3 (bootmod3) License for sell.

Bootmod3 N20 N26 - BMW F10 F20 F21 F22 F30 F32 125i 220i 228i 320i 328i 420i 428i 520i 528i X3 X4 TUNE

Comes with the bootmod3 OTS maps bundle.

License originally $595
OTS map bundle $50
Total - $645

SELLING FOR $450
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 02:14 PM   #1089
chowser51
Colonel
chowser51's Avatar
United_States
1139
Rep
2,092
Posts

Drives: F33 430 and F39 X2 M35i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
There’s a classified section and OTS map bundles do not transfer.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 08:05 PM   #1090
elborczi
Enlisted Member
Poland
29
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: F30 2018 320i
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Cracow

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagan32 View Post
Iíve got a BM3 (bootmod3) License for sell.

Bootmod3 N20 N26 - BMW F10 F20 F21 F22 F30 F32 125i 220i 228i 320i 328i 420i 428i 520i 528i X3 X4 TUNE

Comes with the bootmod3 OTS maps bundle.

License originally $595
OTS map bundle $50
Total - $645

SELLING FOR $450
how does it work? can you transfer bm3 license to another person?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 09:44 PM   #1091
Luverse
First Lieutenant
Luverse's Avatar
Indonesia
173
Rep
333
Posts

Drives: BMW F30
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Jakarta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWAutoXer View Post
I bought their OTS maps, ENET cable, and tuner license for my 2017 F3x, I have BMW's July 2020 DME firmware update. This version of the DME is locked and BM3 flashes fail. I worked with PTF / BM3 support, they said I can't do anything until the DME is bench unlocked and they "won't accept mail in modules to bench unlock due to covid."

Unless you have a local tuner with proven capability for bench unlocking the most recent DME firmware I recommend saving your money and waiting for PTF/BM3 to release a flash unlock.
i knew that way before i buy bm3
maybe you quoted a wrong person?
__________________
Instagram: nightfall.f30
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bm3, bootmod3

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST