F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Connected Drive scam(very poor customer service)
proTUNING Freaks

11-21-2018, 09:02 PM   #23
bimmerdriver2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C DCT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvding View Post
I am not sure how or why, but in short, it suddenly works today.

In long. I park my car in my condo's underground parking for 2 days. Today when I get to my cars trying to open trunk lid. It doesn't work with key in the pocket. Proximities sensor seems off. I have to press button on my key to open it. Then when i get into the car and start. It shows me battery discharge when park???!!!!! I always have headlight in auto mode. Why is battery discharged? I have park a lot longer before no problem. But anyway. I check connected drive. It suddenly has 4G connection now. Maybe a complete reboot kicked start the communications module?
If your battery is discharged after being parked for only two days, the battery is likely failing. If you have a charger, give it a charge and see if it improves. If you don't have a charger, take the car for a drive. If that doesn't improve anything, you should get the battery checked. Late model BMWs are very hard on batteries due to the way "EfficientDynamics" works (or doesn't work, depending upon your perspective). Here is a link: Brake Energy Regeneration
Appreciate 0