F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > ConnectedDrive Upgrades - Canada
ARMA SPEED

10-31-2018, 09:12 PM   #221
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbahead View Post
How is everyone downloading the app being in Canada? Both my android phone and ipad say 'app requires specific features not available on this device'. vpn?
I posted directions on 2Addicts: https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1550423
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2018, 09:31 PM   #222
bubbahead
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 G05 40i Msport

Thank-you!
2011 550ix msport
2009 e92 335i msport
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2018, 10:23 PM   #223
bimmerdriver2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C DCT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbahead View Post
How is everyone downloading the app being in Canada? Both my android phone and ipad say 'app requires specific features not available on this device'. vpn?
What kind of phones do you have? I just installed it on my iphone 7 (ios 12.1), but it doesn't appear to be available yet in google play.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2018, 08:21 AM   #224
minitechnicus
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 328d xdrive , 2019 X3 30i

Just installed. It worked !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck View Post
Thanks JohnnyCanuck, just installed from https://www.apkmonk.com/app/de.bmw.connected.na/ and it works like a charm ! I already had a ConnectedDrive account and the new version recognized the username/password combination. I had to reconfirm (or changed if I wanted to) the 4-digit PIN, which I did and is all good to go !

Cheers !
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2018, 09:34 AM   #225
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 440GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khatopito View Post
You are not the only one with little disappointment. If you see my last few posts here in this thread and also in other thread, you will find that I have been trying this manual BMW Assist update and it never worked. At one time we were given an understanding that there will be OAT software update for idrive and that would give us an option to enable Remote 3d view in idrive setting.

The only hope we have is Canadian33 does whatever is required to resolve this Remote 3d view issue.
The required update will be made in the back end by mid November. An OTA update will then push to vehicles to enable the features for capable vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2018, 05:35 PM   #226
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian33 View Post
Quote:
You are not the only one with little disappointment. If you see my last few posts here in this thread and also in other thread, you will find that I have been trying this manual BMW Assist update and it never worked. At one time we were given an understanding that there will be OAT software update for idrive and that would give us an option to enable Remote 3d view in idrive setting.

The only hope we have is Canadian33 does whatever is required to resolve this Remote 3d view issue.
The required update will be made in the back end by mid November. An OTA update will then push to vehicles to enable the features for capable vehicles.
Can you please check my account?

Now suddenly my car's internet access is down since last Thursday Oct 25th. No real time traffic info, No weather, no BMW online, no app locating car nothing. I can't make sos call in my car even!! Not connecting .

I delete the car from my account on Connected drive website then re add. I can't add it again because can't see any verification code sent in my car because it doesn't have internet connection .In data transfer view of idrive, application data, weather, are both stuck.

Can you check my car info at back end? K373433. I just bought one year of connected drive subscription this month. If nothing works in my car, I am wasting my money.

I got email from connected drive canada that your billing system was down. Maybe that is why my account is marked as inactive? Now my credit card is charged. I still have no access! Which is ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 06:08 AM   #227
Khatopito
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 - Ultimate Pkg- Canada

Quote:
Mid November is approaching very fast. Hope we get this required OAT software update enabling us to use Remote 3D View of parked vehicle. Of course vehicle should be capable for this feature to work.

Also any update on Android Connected app for Canada please?
Thanks
Appreciate 1
      11-24-2018, 05:12 PM   #228
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

Need help with Connected Drive widgets on my 2015 M4 F82

Hello all,

Need your insight and help on a problem that Connect Drive customer service or the BMW Genius can't figure out.

I just renew my BMW ConnectedDrive Services Professional for the next year about 3 weeks ago and I finally got real time traffic and BMW online working but what I can't get to work is any of my widgets e.g. (weather, Flickr clock etc)

So I hope someone knows what is going on with my iDrive and help me fix this issue.

Hopefully canadian33 may know what is going on as well.

So here are some pics of what is happening.

The first pic as you can see BMW Online is working fine.

The second pic is what option I pick to display on the split screen.

The last pic is the final result, no widget or error message but the speaker symbol is up and I can't access it to hear what it wants to tell me.

So I think it could be still a connection problem to ConnectDrive on the BMW Canada side.

It is really bothering me that I was willing to pay to renew my service and I am not getting what I paid for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank You
Attached Images

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2018, 11:21 AM   #229
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbmw View Post
Hello all,

Need your insight and help on a problem that Connect Drive customer service or the BMW Genius can't figure out.

I just renew my BMW ConnectedDrive Services Professional for the next year about 3 weeks ago and I finally got real time traffic and BMW online working but what I can't get to work is any of my widgets e.g. (weather, Flickr clock etc)

So I hope someone knows what is going on with my iDrive and help me fix this issue.

The last pic is the final result, no widget or error message but the speaker symbol is up and I can't access it to hear what it wants to tell me.

So I think it could be still a connection problem to ConnectDrive on the BMW Canada side.

It is really bothering me that I was willing to pay to renew my service and I am not getting what I paid for.

Thank You
Send me your VIN and I can look at the services in the back end.

You can also try to update BMW Assist, by going to the ConnectedDrive menu and then hitting the options button on the idrive controller. Select "Update BMW Assist"

This should refresh the services in the car. The other thing to try is press and hold the volume button in for 30 seconds and this should reset the head unit. Although this does not work for all head units.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2018, 07:39 PM   #230
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Quote:
Send me your VIN and I can look at the services in the back end.

You can also try to update BMW Assist, by going to the ConnectedDrive menu and then hitting the options button on the idrive controller. Select "Update BMW Assist"

This should refresh the services in the car. The other thing to try is press and hold the volume button in for 30 seconds and this should reset the head unit. Although this does not work for all head units.
Yeah I've been doing the update ever since I renewed my service.

And the volume button didn't work on mine.

I will PM you my vin # ASAP! Thanks for your help on this!

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2018, 09:31 AM   #231
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hello all,

Thank You
Just looking at this again. Based on the screenshot, your vehicle is receiving weather information, but it does not work in the split screen window?

Try and restart the head unit by pressing and holding the volume button for up to 30 seconds. This should reboot the head unit

I also manually sent a request to the vehicle to refresh services. I show that your services have been renewed and we show the new expiration dates
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2018, 09:38 AM   #232
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Quote:
Just looking at this again. Based on the screenshot, your vehicle is receiving weather information, but it does not work in the split screen window?

Try and restart the head unit by pressing and holding the volume button for up to 30 seconds. This should reboot the head unit

I also manually sent a request to the vehicle to refresh services. I show that your services have been renewed and we show the new expiration dates
I tried the volume button reset last night and it didn't work.

I really don't know what to do.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2018, 09:40 AM   #233
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I tried the volume button reset last night and it didn't work.

I really don't know what to do.
Another option is a battery reset. Disconnect the negative battery terminal for 30 minutes.

Reconnect and this should refresh the system.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2018, 10:39 AM   #234
othniel
Rep
Drives: 17 F87 EB 6MT / 18 F30 EB 6MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Used the steps and everything worked like a charm, first try. I'm very pleased! Thank you to everyone who has been sharing knowledge and helping others.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2018, 06:41 AM   #235
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Quote:
Another option is a battery reset. Disconnect the negative battery terminal for 30 minutes.

Reconnect and this should refresh the system.
Well I did the battery reset and I got the same result, so I let it go for 60 mins and it seems my car is still holding it's memory and not resetting.

And I can't go to the dealer because my warranty finished over 3 months ago and they will hit big to do anything about it.

There must be a way to reset the connected drive.

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2018, 01:18 AM   #236
alexhasin
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 550i

Quote:
Quote:

I tried update BMW assist every day, and I just did programming recall at dealership yesterday. Remote 3D view is still missing from the menu, again my car had this R360 feature before in Oct it just disappeared in Nov and not working now.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2018, 07:26 AM   #237
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix

Nvm
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 12:04 PM   #238
rogermach5
Roger
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i X-Drive Cabriolet

Widgets (2 places for them)

s
Quote:
Hello all,

Thank You
Hi farbmw,

I am not sure if you have figured that out, but I thought of sharing my experience with you. Hopefully that will be useful.

First of all, I learnt there are two places where the widgets are displayed:

1. In your split screen
2. In your BMW Online Initial Page (when your screen is not split)

I understand what you are willing to do is: have the weather info shown in your split screen.

In order to do that in my vehicle these are all the steps I need to take:

1. When you are in iDrive main menu, hit the "right" button in your controller, you should see this:

Name:  IMG_0521.JPG
Views: 784
Size:  165.5 KB

2. Once you do that, you should see something similar to that (make sure there is a tick on the option "Split screen"):

Name:  IMG_0510.JPG
Views: 758
Size:  190.0 KB

3. Scroll down until you see the option "BMW Online widgets, hit "enter" on your controller:

Name:  IMG_0511.JPG
Views: 761
Size:  188.4 KB

4. You should see a notification that the system is connecting to an external search engine.... Hit "enter" on your controller for OK:

Name:  IMG_0512.JPG
Views: 774
Size:  174.0 KB

5. It will take a little while, but then you should see the screen below. Select "Weather":

Name:  IMG_0513.JPG
Views: 809
Size:  172.9 KB

6. The previous steps worked for me, this should be your end result:

Name:  IMG_0514.JPG
Views: 782
Size:  182.4 KB

I hope this helps....

Have a great day farbmw!

Kind regards,
Roger

Last edited by rogermach5; 12-12-2018 at 12:29 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 02:12 PM   #239
cubiza
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335is, G05 40i M Sport

I am attempting to add subscription to Remote Services through ConnectedDrive Store and I am getting this rather useless warning. No clue what other service I need to add. I already have ConnectedDrive Services and ARTTI. Any ideas?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 03:21 PM   #240
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubiza View Post
I am attempting to add subscription to Remote Services through ConnectedDrive Store and I am getting this rather useless warning. No clue what other service I need to add. I already have ConnectedDrive Services and ARTTI. Any ideas?
Can you send me the last 7 of your VIN? It may be that you already have the service and it is not up for renewal.

I will be able to confirm with the VIN.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 09:58 PM   #241
cubiza
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335is, G05 40i M Sport

Quote:
Can you send me the last 7 of your VIN? It may be that you already have the service and it is not up for renewal.

I will be able to confirm with the VIN.
Your PM inbox is full. I will try again tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 11:54 PM   #242
kenincalgary
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 328xi ECU Program Stage 1

I have exactly the same problem and have the same subscribed services.
Appreciate 0