F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Connected App for ANDROID launched for Canada
proTUNING Freaks

07-24-2019, 12:23 PM   #1
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 440GC

Connected App for ANDROID launched for Canada

I wanted to let the forum know that we have launched the Android version of the Connected App for Canada.

This opens up the possibility of introducing new features for Canada (door unlock for example. Plus we know can support digital key via Android devices for capable vehicles.

The version that is currently available in the Google Play Store is 6.1. However, 6.2 is going to be released before the end of this week.

This is also the fix for any Android users who were running the legacy versions of the BMW Remote or i Remote app.

I would encourage everyone who is using an Android phone to download the app, and please let me know if you have any issues or bugs. If you do notice a bug or issue please make sure you are running 6.2.

Again thanks for everyone's patience, and know that we got this out as soon as we could for the Canadian market
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 01:29 PM   #2
discoboy1
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82 1M VO/F30 328D

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian33 View Post
I wanted to let the forum know that we have launched the Android version of the Connected App for Canada.

This opens up the possibility of introducing new features for Canada (door unlock for example. Plus we know can support digital key via Android devices for capable vehicles.

The version that is currently available in the Google Play Store is 6.1. However, 6.2 is going to be released before the end of this week.

This is also the fix for any Android users who were running the legacy versions of the BMW Remote or i Remote app.

I would encourage everyone who is using an Android phone to download the app, and please let me know if you have any issues or bugs. If you do notice a bug or issue please make sure you are running 6.2.

Again thanks for everyone's patience, and know that we got this out as soon as we could for the Canadian market
thanks !
works for me so far
      07-30-2019, 06:46 AM   #3
WXdrivefun
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 330Xdrive

@canadian33 I have downloaded the version 6.2 app, but the Remote 3D View still does not work for Andriod phone.

Error Message 'An ERROR OCCURED' and i tried refreshing many times. 'X Connection to secure server'. Remote 3D view was working earlier.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 01:08 PM   #4
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXdrivefun View Post
@canadian33 I have downloaded the version 6.2 app, but the Remote 3D View still does not work for Andriod phone.

Error Message 'An ERROR OCCURED' and i tried refreshing many times. 'X Connection to secure server'. Remote 3D view was working earlier.
Send me the VIN and we will check. There were some issues where the vehicle did not communicate with the backend to confirm that the service had been enabled in the vehicle which prevented it from working in the app.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 04:45 PM   #5
PandaX5
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M Sport Alpine White

Quote:
Send me the VIN and we will check. There were some issues where the vehicle did not communicate with the backend to confirm that the service had been enabled in the vehicle which prevented it from working in the app.
Can you help PandaX5?

1. I have an account https://www.bmw-connecteddrive.ca/ap...x.html#/portal where remote services are activated

2. The car is in my name and corresponds to the purchase (Color, engine, options)

3. The vin matches

4. I purchased Connected Drive services + Remote services + ARTTI a few days ago and received my invoice via email

5. BMW Connected app will not communicate with the car. No location, no horn, no lights

6. Every operation terminates with "date - not executed" displayed in the Remote History log

7. I contacted BMW support earlier today

8. They created a ticket and suggested IT support would contact me with the next 2 weeks.

9. If my phone isn't paired with the car there are no messages in idrive. Therefore I can;t retrieve the 6 pin code

10. If my phone is paired to the car, I can read messages (texts and emails) but no 6 pin code

11. I've updated to the latest idrive software from BMW.com/update + vin

12. I've uninstalled BMW connected app from my android phone. Restarted the phone and re-installed the app

13. I've updated connected drive / option / update software

14. Connect app on my phone will not connect to the car. What am I missing?

If you need anything else please let me know.

Thank you in advance

PandaX5
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 03:05 PM   #6
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaX5 View Post
Can you help PandaX5?

1. I have an account https://www.bmw-connecteddrive.ca/ap...x.html#/portal where remote services are activated

2. The car is in my name and corresponds to the purchase (Color, engine, options)

3. The vin matches

4. I purchased Connected Drive services + Remote services + ARTTI a few days ago and received my invoice via email

5. BMW Connected app will not communicate with the car. No location, no horn, no lights

6. Every operation terminates with "date - not executed" displayed in the Remote History log

7. I contacted BMW support earlier today

8. They created a ticket and suggested IT support would contact me with the next 2 weeks.

9. If my phone isn't paired with the car there are no messages in idrive. Therefore I can;t retrieve the 6 pin code

10. If my phone is paired to the car, I can read messages (texts and emails) but no 6 pin code

11. I've updated to the latest idrive software from BMW.com/update + vin

12. I've uninstalled BMW connected app from my android phone. Restarted the phone and re-installed the app

13. I've updated connected drive / option / update software

14. Connect app on my phone will not connect to the car. What am I missing?

If you need anything else please let me know.

Thank you in advance

PandaX5
I responded to you via DM, but it looks like everything should be working.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 06:10 AM   #7
FIDDYgg
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i X-Drive

Just out of curiosity, what's preventing an app like this from having remote engine start capabilities?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 09:02 AM   #8
WXdrivefun
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 330Xdrive

canadian33

Would appreciate the app to include trunk indication status: Opened or Closed

Doors locked or Unlock do not indicate trunk status unfortunately.

There have been cases when pressing the lock button on the trunk, all doors locked but the electronic trunk will close and stop at the obstruction on the trunk.

If the obstruction is near the end of closing motion, users may think that the trunk is closed and locked and walk away, but only doors are locked and trunk remain open.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 05:13 PM   #9
zeroburn
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

I'm trying to install the app, when I add my name and address and hit continue I get an error message saying An error occurred please try again later.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 01:04 PM   #10
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroburn View Post
I'm trying to install the app, when I add my name and address and hit continue I get an error message saying An error occurred please try again later.
My recommendation is to create an account online. Go to https://www.bmw-connecteddrive.ca/ap...x.html#/portal

Create an account and password and then use these credentials to log into the app.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 06:47 PM   #11
vithy
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F30 328xi

Hi canadian33,

When i used to be on US connected app, i used to get info on Doors locked or Unlock status. But looks like it's gone on the Canadian version. Is this a bug?

Thanks

Quote:
My recommendation is to create an account online. Go to https://www.bmw-connecteddrive.ca/ap...x.html#/portal

Create an account and password and then use these credentials to log into the app.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 09:14 AM   #12
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vithy View Post
Hi canadian33,

When i used to be on US connected app, i used to get info on Doors locked or Unlock status. But looks like it's gone on the Canadian version. Is this a bug?

Thanks
This is at the VIN level as it is dependent on a service called Last State Call (LSC).
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 09:55 PM   #13
TheMooseMan
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 30i

Quote:
This is at the VIN level as it is dependent on a service called Last State Call (LSC).
How does the Canadian iOS app show the doors status then (for the same VIN)?
Appreciate 0